Sponsored

Magneride or 401a and LCD?

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
My mind is just about made up and I probably know what many would pick on this forum. (Just curious though)

Magneride needs pp (definitely want) and an additional $1695
LCD dash needs 401a and an additional $2295...steep for a few bells and whistles and padding/stitching for the game boy dash imo.

Adding both puts the price way up.

I'll bet younger purchasers would favor lcd dash and older drivers (yeah me) might prefer magneride.:shrug:

Choose one option.
(And please, no "I'm keeping my 15-17 so neither!):paddle:
Sponsored

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
If I were to get a 2018 I would opt for the LCd dash mainly because I'm not sure how the magneride would benefit me as I don't track, autoX , or turn corners like a bat out of hell. So I'd opt for the shiny lol

OP
OP
airfuel

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Let me add, not my daily driver, have a trusty Tacoma for winter etc. and wife's loaded Subaru 3.6r for long trips.

And magneride is not track only. The option for stiff or less stiff on regular roads is nice.
What about resale value?

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
People keep bringing up this LCD gauge cluster as if it's the greatest thing ever. From what I gather it's nothing even close to the Audi system with the built in NAV etc etc.. to me it looks like it's just digital gauges.. I don't get the hype.

Is it nice? sure.. would I pay extra for it? No.. not at all, not unless it can do everything the Audi system does, then that might be worth it.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Without a doubt mag ride.

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
If I had to choose one it would be the digital dash. I've already ordered one and as a younger guy I opted for neither option. I don't plan on tracking the car and don't feel a need for the magneride on local roads and while the digital dash is cool the standard gauges feel more classic and I have no real complaints with it. Options I chose were PP, active exhaust, and security pack :shrug: I can't wait! :headbang:

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I'm getting both of them :D

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Get both. best of both worlds

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Tough choice. I really like the larger display, and the BLIS is nice to have, especially on a daily driver. On the other hand I'd really like Magneride and the Brembos with the PP. If you do decide to go with the display, you can still make a really nice after market suspension setup and and grab some Brembos for a reasonable price. My GT350R/Koni setup works very well on the street and should do well at the track also. If you're financing the car, the payments for both options might only be an additional $40 or so a month. That may be worth considering if you can't decide on one or the other.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
People keep bringing up this LCD gauge cluster as if it's the greatest thing ever. From what I gather it's nothing even close to the Audi system with the built in NAV etc etc.. to me it looks like it's just digital gauges.. I don't get the hype.

Is it nice? sure.. would I pay extra for it? No.. not at all, not unless it can do everything the Audi system does, then that might be worth it.
It has built in nav.

It's also got different UIs prioritized for drive modes, can have additional gauges added to it (probably all of the ones in the gauges menu on the 4.2" cluster), and is probably much easier to read than the tactile gauge cluster.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
401a ... Love it.

I also have NAV and I love the Shaker Sound System.

My cars a DD. I'm never going to the Track, I hate Black wheels and I like the stock exhaust. It all works for me.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Can you add lowering springs to a car with Magneride without any negative effect?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Skip the magride. You spend 100% of the time inside the car. The nicer interior items will be much more noticeable to you and your passengers.
Sponsored