Magneride and 401A MyMode question.

OP
OP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I guess I’ll have to wait until I buy the car. :cwl:As much as I love my RC Ecoboost with PP, I have to get rid of it.:frown: So, I’ll upgrade to a GT PP1, A10 and Magneride.
Sponsored

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I hate the fact that I can't change my suspension without changing the mode sometimes I want a stiffer suspension but I don't want to change the shifting

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I guess I’ll have to wait until I buy the car. :cwl:As much as I love my RC Ecoboost with PP, I have to get rid of it.:frown: So, I’ll upgrade to a GT PP1, A10 and Magneride.
You will not regret it. Truly awesome ride experience that can go from mild mannered cruising to back road monster in seconds

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I hate the fact that I can't change my suspension without changing the mode sometimes I want a stiffer suspension but I don't want to change the shifting
I can't think of any scenario where I wanted firmer ride with out the sports shifting. Way i look at it, is if i am in sport mode or higher i am looking to wind her out and run the road, if I am in normal i am generally doing a standard generic commute. In these situations a stiff ride is not really helping anything.

OP
OP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Now...if I’m in normal mode, but move the shifter to S, does the ride also changes?

Sponsored

OP
OP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
You will not regret it. Truly awesome ride experience that can go from mild mannered cruising to back road monster in seconds
I know, that’s why I want it. So I can cruise around with the wife and be more spirited by myself.

I mean my 2018 EB PP ride is not bad at all. We really enjoy the car, but since I need to get rid of it, might as well upgrade.

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
With a DSC Sport Suspension controller you would be able to adjust the suspension to your exact specifications for each mode.

You could make normal mode softer than stock or even firmer than track mode. You could ideally set it to a type of comfort mode for easy driving, but once the system measure a predetermined amount of Gs....meaning you get on it, turn quickly, the suspension transforms into full on race mode automatically.

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have a mag ride a10 car, i assure you, you can't change steering outside of normal. Put the car in sport, press the steering button and it will give you an error. My mode will let you select exhaust function and drive mode, outside if normal it will default to sport for steering no matter what you select at switch
I stand corrected. I just went and tried to change steering in track mode and got a dialog box stating “steering feel selection not available”.
So, only exhaust mode can be changed in all drive modes.
Thanks,

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
This is IMO a fail on Ford's part. Give us the option to edit right within the MyMode menu. I enjoy the throttle response and sound of Sport+ mode but would like the suspension on Normal for day-to-day driving. When the roads get curvy and I'm in the mood for some faster twisties, then I can toggle over to Sport+ to get the suspension firmed up, or Track.

OP
OP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
This is IMO a fail on Ford's part. Give us the option to edit right within the MyMode menu. I enjoy the throttle response and sound of Sport+ mode but would like the suspension on Normal for day-to-day driving. When the roads get curvy and I'm in the mood for some faster twisties, then I can toggle over to Sport+ to get the suspension firmed up, or Track.
I agree. Maybe in a couple of years they’ll let us customize our MyMode. You know, that way they can sell us another mustang. :crazy:

Sponsored

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I can't think of any scenario where I wanted firmer ride with out the sports shifting. Way i look at it, is if i am in sport mode or higher i am looking to wind her out and run the road, if I am in normal i am generally doing a standard generic commute. In these situations a stiff ride is not really helping anything.
There's plenty of times on twisty roads that I would like a stiffer suspension without holding onto gears longer and downshifting. Plenty of cars out there have adjustable suspension without being tied to a shift pattern/logic

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
My PP2 can change the steering in any mode. I keep it on the heaviest setting and it stays there.

Of course, it doesn't change anything in the manual transmission.

I found my mode to be useless, so I turned it off, saving a switch click going to Sport+.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
My PP2 can change the steering in any mode. I keep it on the heaviest setting and it stays there.

Of course, it doesn't change anything in the manual transmission.

I found my mode to be useless, so I turned it off, saving a switch click going to Sport+.
I doubt it, show a picture of the car in sport plus with comfort steering.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I doubt it, show a picture of the car in sport plus with comfort steering.
There is no Sport Plus on manual cars - but I am pretty sure that steering mode can be changed to whatever in any of the driving modes - since I have done it. Next time I drive the car, will double check.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
There is no Sport Plus on manual cars - but I am pretty sure that steering mode can be changed to whatever in any of the driving modes - since I have done it. Next time I drive the car, will double check.
If you have Magnaride then steering mode is locked to the driving mode (normal being the only mode that has customizable steering), if you don’t have Magnaride then the steering is always customizable.
Sponsored