Sponsored

Magneride and 401A MyMode question.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
On a GT Premium PP1 with 401A, if I get the magneride, can you set up mymode with different ride stiffness?

Something like:
Sport +
Normal Mode Magneride
Sport Steering
Track Exhaust

or are you locked with the main setting? I’m almost 100% sure you can do that with the Shelby, but not with a GT.
Sponsored

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
No magnaride is adjusted with the mode selection and has no independent selection. Also steering modes cant be adjusted with magnaride in any setting outside of normal

OP
OP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
No magnaride is adjusted with the mode selection and has no independent selection. Also steering modes cant be adjusted with magnaride in any setting outside of normal
Interesting that steering can’t be adjusted, only in normal mode.

I wish Ford, would let customize a bit more “my mode”.

Thanks for the info.

CrimsonRocket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ray
Vehicle(s)
2014 Magnetic Mustang V6, 2019 Race Red GT convertible
I'm sure I can adjust my steering feel regardless of mode. I agree magneride can't be adjusted independently.

The manual says: "
Selectable steering defaults to Sport.
Depending on vehicle configuration,
you may be able to change the
selectable steering setting by pressing
the steering button."

IN my experience this is true., I can change steering mode pretty much independently of the car mode.

Sponsored

Armageddon Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo 2014 Mustang GT

This is correct

TLW1022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3464
On a GT Premium PP1 with 401A, if I get the magneride, can you set up mymode with different ride stiffness?

Something like:
Sport +
Normal Mode Magneride
Sport Steering
Track Exhaust

or are you locked with the main setting? I’m almost 100% sure you can do that with the Shelby, but not with a GT.
I use my car for work & sometimes the roads are not the best, I wanted to set MyMode to basically SportPlus with Normal suspension but I don't think it is possible

OP
OP

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I use my car for work & sometimes the roads are not the best, I wanted to set MyMode to basically SportPlus with Normal suspension but I don't think it is possible
yeah. That was my idea...have it set up for when I’m alone. When the wife is with me, I can leave it in normal and quiet exhaust.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Depends on if you have a PP1 car or not. MyMode operates differently with PP1 vs Base. Some reason the Base version has more flexibility in options settings.
You can't get magnaride with out atleast getting pp1

Sponsored

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I look at it this way. The Magneride is tied to the drive mode. And, if you have an A10; so is the shift strategy. You can change the exhaust and steering in any mode.

My “mymode” is max steering assist and quiet exhaust. I use it for cruising with the shifter in sport mode.

Cheers,

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I look at it this way. The Magneride is tied to the drive mode. And, if you have an A10; so is the shift strategy. You can change the exhaust and steering in any mode.

My “mymode” is max steering assist and quiet exhaust. I use it for cruising with the shifter in sport mode.

Cheers,
I have a mag ride a10 car, i assure you, you can't change steering outside of normal. Put the car in sport, press the steering button and it will give you an error. My mode will let you select exhaust function and drive mode, outside if normal it will default to sport for steering no matter what you select at switch

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
Unless I'm not understanding the question, this is not true?

I have a PP1 car equipped with Magneride + 101A and I can mix and match the steering stiffness irrespective of the drive mode. My current MyMode setup is Track + Comfort steering.

Maybe there's a difference between the GTs and the Ecos because this isn't the first time I've seen this discussion come up.
Sponsored