DonnieO

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
First of all this Mustang forum, as with all forums, is a place for discourse. You posted something on the Mustang forum, I responded with my opinion. If you don’t want any of my negative opinions regarding the Mach-E in the Mustang forum, feel free to hit the ignore button. I think the general consensus on this Mustang forum, is that we don't like the vehicle that Ford has decided to apply the Mustang nameplate to.

Secondly, I posted positive things about the electric Cobrajet, because it's a cool Mustang with cool Mustang technology. This Karen-mobile isn't a Mustang, so it's completely lacking the element of Mustangness, which would elicit positive feeling in me.

Finally, if all you want is a cheer squad, there's a whole Mach-E forum. I won't be posting Mustang things there. I won't be posting there at all. It's a Mikthehun1 and Mustang free zone.

Mustang.

You need a hug and a beer. :beer:
Sponsored

OP
OP
DonnieO

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
The sound of that thing is amazing, like a supercharger on steroids! Still a little to big for my taste and I'm a hatchback guy.

I Just wonder how that sound is achieved on a electric vehicle? Is it a $2k upgrade like an aftermarket exhaust for instance on our ICE cars...or is it a $15k+ e-motor(x2?) upgrade to get this sound?

Anyone know?

Its due to the straight cut gears. RTR says the rear axle ratios can be swapped out to alter final drive ratios

Last edited:

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
That's a bummer if you can't upgrade the mach-e to sound like that(within reason and not a max effort build)...I've never heard a Tesla make glorious noises like that so I figured it wasn't an easy mod.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
And that will never ever get into the public's hands.

Sponsored

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Dude trying to explain fake sounds. Will still feel like a Hasbro toy.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
My particular affliction is in G forces and adrenaline, that appears to fit the bill.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
No....the civilian Mach-E will never be cool. Or a Mustang.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Sounds like there's very little production Mach E in that. Just a body in white, which is probably highly modified and reinforced.

Sponsored

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
ford: here is this brand new, state of the art, marvel of engineering, the one, the only, MACH-E!!!!!
us: when can we buy it
ford: well lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.. let us tell you all about it first..
us: cool, when can we buy it
ford: [insert lots of BS marketing and buzz world talk, dont forget to mention AI]
us: thats all great and all, but when can we buy it?
ford: you cant actually buy this one, but you can buy this other one... [shows picture]
us: wtf is that? thats nothing like what you showed us..

ValidusTalon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP + FRPP2
I agree with many, it's simply not a Mustang. RTR / Ken Block and crew could have stuffed the same tech in a golf cart and it would have been essentially the same, or in my personal view cooler. I can't imagine this video is changing anyone's mind for real... IMO this is this generations Probe. Time will tell if Ford leadership hit an iceberg, or maybe I'm wrong and people will just loooooovve a compact SUV from Mexico w/a pony glued on the front....ugh!

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Few people would object to calling it a Mustang if the Mach E were a 1400HP electric coupe. Putting a 429 in a Thunderbird didn't make it a Mustang any more than slamming this fat, ugly SUV and slapping on some Mustang styling cues makes it a Mustang.

No, it's not cool. It's phony nonsense from a company that has lost its way. It's an effort to distract Mustang fans from what a Mustang is. Why is this not just an electric Edge ST? Because everyone knows Mustangs have ugly hump backs, four doors, and giant tablets pasted on the dash?

Ford had a great opportunity to revive the Thunderbird name with this thing. The fact that instead they chose to irreparably harm their single greatest brand tells you how idiotic they are.