Sponsored

Mach E issues with batteries

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ford is losing money on every single MOCKEry sold.... no surprise there with battery issues... these things will be littering Dealer lots and salvage yards in no time.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
This isn’t that uncommon with any of the battery devices. Large or small. Apple put in one of the updates to slow charge the iphone batteries as opposed to the fast charge to save the battery longevity. I fully expect my battery’s for equipment I use for work to need to be replaced every several years. Not sure how anybody that purchase’s any electric vehicle to not expect maintenance issue’s down the line. There just bigger versions of tools.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
This isn’t that uncommon with any of the battery devices. Large or small. Apple put in one of the updates to slow charge the iphone batteries as opposed to the fast charge to save the battery longevity. I fully expect my battery’s for equipment I use for work to need to be replaced every several years. Not sure how anybody that purchase’s any electric vehicle to not expect maintenance issue’s down the line. There just bigger versions of tools.
This isn't about longevity or maintenance. The contactors will melt and deform as the result of normal use, rendering the vehicle completely inoperable. It's a clear design fault.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This isn't about longevity or maintenance. The contactors will melt and deform as the result of normal use, rendering the vehicle completely inoperable. It's a clear design fault.
I agree. It's too early for it to be any sort of normal end of life for the battery or any other component.

My first reaction was that I'm used to feeling like Ford builds our Mustangs to handle a fair amount of abuse. I would have thought a vehicle called Mustang GT (whether or not it has Mach E in there) would have been built to handle some liberal application of throttle and fast recharging.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
That same scenario happens in laptops, tablets, etc. not just ev’s.

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not the ones that I use. I've never had anything like that happen in a laptop. Nor have I heard of it happening to a friend or coworker prior to your post.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I've yet to have something like this happen to me, and I've been using many laptops, both personally and professionally, for a long time. Our company laptops see continuous, hard use, all-day-long, for four or five years, then we can buy them and use them at home for another four or five, and the only things that ever break are keyboards (rarely) or cooling fans - both of which are easy and relatively cheap to replace. Granted, by that time the batteries are dead, too, but the laptops themselves work just fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've yet to have something like this happen to me, and I've been using many laptops, both personally and professionally, for a long time. Our company laptops see continuous, hard use, all-day-long, for four or five years, then we can buy them and use them at home for another four or five, and the only things that ever break are keyboards (rarely) or cooling fans - both of which are easy and relatively cheap to replace. Granted, by that time the batteries are dead, too, but the laptops themselves work just fine.
Our company is the same - I've had docking station issues with my work laptop, but they are usually more connectivity, not power related.

The hardware is generally pretty bulletproof. MS software, not so much.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I haven’t had happen to me either, not laptops or phones. Have had a tool battery or two go up. My buddy that works for the airlines just did a training on the laptops, tablets and phones and what the procedure is to secure them safely in the event of a fire. Evidently its becoming more common on planes.

Sponsored