Sponsored

Mach 1 is Better than GT350 ...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It’s all subjective. But if you buy a GT350 for the track because it’s that good of a track car you just read too much on the internet. Should have bought an R. If a 350 was that good on the track why make the R? Because they really aren’t that good for the money and a properly prepped GT PP will be better for less money. Daily drivers are not even worth the discussion as every car is a personal preference. To buy a track car with a 70K budget you’ll get way farther with a used S550 and racing upgrades building a car that can take a beating and will keep coming back for more.

I’ve been on the track with many GT 350s and every one of them is like “damn your car is quick”. But my car will never be a Shelby and with all that’s done to it it’s a big depreciating asset that I’ll never see the money back from. I bought it for 27K used and have around 10K into it over what the original owner did. That money is gone.

Bottom Line. There’s no “better” car. It’s what’s best for you.
I don't own either car for various reasons. But I don't really go for that "we all win" BS.

I definitely own a car that is inferior to the GT350. I chose it for my own reasons, but I will still admit that the GT350 is WAAAAAY better. The Mach 1 is a great car too, but it's clearly inferior to the GT350. We can't all own the best.
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
got a link to that video?
Side-by-side startups at 3:10. Also I like the comment from the GT350 owner after driving the Mach 1, saying there's noticeably more torque down low in the Mach.

This different GT350 owner also comments on more shove in the back at low RPM from the Mach. Their young friend is having a conniption over the Mach too.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I don't own either car for various reasons. But I don't really go for that "we all win" BS.

I definitely own a car that is inferior to the GT350. I chose it for my own reasons, but I will still admit that the GT350 is WAAAAAY better. The Mach 1 is a great car too, but it's clearly inferior to the GT350. We can't all own the best.
What is best?
Some people might think the GR86 is better than all of them. Guess what? They’re correct.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What is best?
Some people might think the GR86 is better than all of them. Guess what? They’re correct.
It's definitely better at being a little s-box and it's a decent commuter car. Don't take it to the track and think Toyobaru will give you any warranty coverage, though.

edit: I do love my little POS GR86. And actually everything I touch in that car has a higher quality feel than the inside of my Mustang. It would be a lot better with a NA flat 6 instead of a 4, though (if you could do that without making the car a few hundred pounds heavier).

Last edited:

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
I'm taking delivery of my M1 HP by the end of the month. There are obviously differences between both models. That said I'll take the performance and reliability of the Coyote anyday. Any performance and aesthetics gap are negligible to me. Both are great.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I'm taking delivery of my M1 HP by the end of the month. There are obviously differences between both models. That said I'll take the performance and reliability of the Coyote anyday. Any performance and aesthetics gap are negligible to me. Both are great.
Mine is a HP too, it is now sitting at the dealer as we speak. I can't wait! 😍

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
It's definitely better at being a little s-box and it's a decent commuter car. Don't take it to the track and think Toyobaru will give you any warranty coverage, though.

edit: I do love my little POS GR86. And actually everything I touch in that car has a higher quality feel than the inside of my Mustang. It would be a lot better with a NA flat 6 instead of a 4, though (if you could do that without making the car a few hundred pounds heavier).
I just looked at the interior its actually nice looking (other than that Fugly steering wheel logo and I see tons of plastic). The exterior and lack of torque would drive me nuts though. But looks like a great commuter.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I just looked at the interior its actually nice looking (other than that Fugly steering wheel logo and I see tons of plastic). The exterior and lack of torque would drive me nuts though. But looks like a great commuter.
Drove one. They are a blast actually. Tons of fun. Like a super go kart. The mustang feels like a pig in comparison and the all around nimbleness is addicting. Super easy to drive manual trans -like two finger shifts nice. Unlike the mustang the build and paint quality was spot on. It doesn’t pull or sound like a mustang though.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Drove one. They are a blast actually. Tons of fun. Like a super go kart. The mustang feels like a pig in comparison and the all around nimbleness is addicting. Super easy to drive manual trans -like two finger shifts nice. Unlike the mustang the build and paint quality was spot on. It doesn’t pull or sound like a mustang though.
Its basically new age Miata, small, slow and ugly but fun around corners.

Who wants two finger shifts? Shift like a man.

Sponsored

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I see a lot of Toyota 86 here on the road in Dubai and I do like its looks. Test drove one, and it al ended there. The car's looks do not translate in any way, shape, or form of how it performs. It was the most boring car I've ever driven in my life, like a car that looks fast but has no soul, no power, a turtle basically. What a shame, if only they could've added just some more torque and HP it would be a very nice economic daily driver which handles good.
Drove one. They are a blast actually. Tons of fun. Like a super go kart.
tons of fun?
8Yb0Sav.gif
I would rather die than drive that car again and by no means is it a go kart. The Golf R destroys it in terms of being a tossable fun yet not so expensive car IMO.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
GT350 is the obvious choice.

I would take the gt350 over my car (although my car is way faster in a straight line and I would have to mod the gt350 to make it faster...).

Probably would also take a mach 1 over my car tho, but I don't really look at a mach 1 and get jealous, but every time I see a gt350 I wish I had it.

Also don't care about new cars rn. Maybe one day I will have enough money to care. But in my mind, why buy a newer more expensive car, when you can buy an older, cheaper, faster car.

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation Duramax

That doesn't apply to me because I can by any GT350 or GT500 cash tomorrow (not being a tool just saying it doesn't apply to all of us).

It's what's best for you.

I am at a point in my life where I want a car I can trailer to the track and beat the crap out of it. I love the S550 platform but I'm not buying a specialty car to do this and I still argue that a properly prepped older S550 PP can be built normally aspirated for around 50K - put down equal power to a voodoo more reliably under serious track duty and have parts on it that will last longer and, in most cases, perform equal or better on the track. Plus that budget IMO contains 2 complete sets of wheels (wet and dry) and a trailer to tow the car. I should know - that's exactly what I have.

And here's the honest truth - at any track event more people come check out my car than any GT350. A GT350 is cool at cars and coffee but when you get around real car guys they are way more interested in a purposed built out car and checking it out. That's been my experience at least. My car is like a magnet at the track.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
A GT350 is cool at cars and coffee but when you get around real car guys they are way more interested in a purposed built out car and checking it out. That's been my experience at least. My car is like a magnet at the track.
Be careful throwing around the term “real car guys” and inferring that if you don’t track your car you’re not a “car guy”.

Many of us have cars that are magnets when the right audience is around.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Be careful throwing around the term “real car guys” and inferring that if you don’t track your car you’re not a “car guy”.

Many of us have cars that are magnets when the right audience is around.
i think what he means is just about anyone can appreciate a shelby but guys who understand the motivations and mechanics behind something fine honed for a specific task (like the track) will be found at that track.
Sponsored