Mach 1 is Better than GT350 ...

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
GT500 and GT350 are both bucket list cars for me in the near future. As well as the new Raptor R
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Hi - Do you think it might be more susceptible to theft or break-ins being further away like that. Like many others, I do the same thing in shopping malls and often wonder if I’m outsmarting myself
. Bruce
This comes to mind, at work I park in the structure in the 4-5th floor there is no other cars there. Maybe that is a mistake.... lol

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I’m truly appreciative of the GT350 without a doubt. Because without the GT350, we wouldn’t have the GT500 and the Mach 1 HP. Essentially the GT350 was beta testing by Ford, and everything they learned was implemented in the GT500 and Mach 1 HP.
IMO, the S550 GT350 is one of the best mustangs ever built. Period. :beer: With notable the Mach 1 and Bullitt releases watermarks as well. I would have loved to have gotten a 2019-20 FP Blue with white striped GT350, but the markups were ridiculous.
I will say the Mach 1 feels special when driven and now having owned it for a while, I wouldn't trade it for anything reasonably comparable. Honestly love this car to bits.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rael

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Wow. I apologize. I hadn't meant this thread to sow such division among Mustang fans.

Pointing out that our judgments are subjective, and our uses all vary, my perspective is that of only having one car at a time, and using it as a daily driver and errand runner, and only occasionally as a track car. I'd expect different opinions from those who have multiple cars, or who spend more time on track or at car shows.

For my needs and likes, the Mach 1 I have is better than the GT350 I had. Anyone here who has a different opinion is also quite correct.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
It’s baaaack!

And thank goodness! This thread has been some fine entertainment. And in the midst of it all a few good points and reasoned opinions have also been stated.

I kinda hope it continues.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Gt350= Best street legal track car mustang ever produced.
Mach 1= best daily driver track capable mustang ever produced .

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I believe you have superb taste in vehicle and color selection my friend...!!!
I hope they bring that color back at some point. It’s a really beautiful color

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - I agree with the general sentiment regarding the two subject cars, and both with decent versatility. Being an old guy now(82), five years ago I bought the first year Bullitt model as I was looking for a daily driver (not wintertime in western NY) that would be a good car for trips as well. For that reason I choose the standard seats which have heating, cooling and memory functions. Due to diminishing agility at this age, those seats are also better for me and the wife to enter and exit. Yes, she drives it too as most of us back in the ‘60s learned to drive standard shift cars. At the same time I wanted something a little different than the regular GT, thus the Bullitt with its retro touches, unique color, etc, fit the bill. Five years and 20,000 miles later I couldn’t be happier with my decision. A particularly nice thing about Mustangs is the variety of choices available from a 4 cylinder to road screeching V8s with track capability. The Mach 1 and GT350 would never get adequate exercise with me as an owner. Incidentally in 1965, a high school classmate of mine bought a Shelby GT 350 and I bought a Pontiac GTO - a good way to start adulthood... Bruce
IMG_0209.jpeg

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Hi - I agree with the general sentiment regarding the two subject cars, and both with decent versatility. Being an old guy now(82), five years ago I bought the first year Bullitt model as I was looking for a daily driver (not wintertime in western NY) that would be a good car for trips as well. For that reason I choose the standard seats which have heating, cooling and memory functions. Due to diminishing agility at this age, those seats are also better for me and the wife to enter and exit. Yes, she drives it too as most of us back in the ‘60s learned to drive standard shift cars. At the same time I wanted something a little different than the regular GT, thus the Bullitt with its retro touches, unique color, etc, fit the bill. Five years and 20,000 miles later I couldn’t be happier with my decision. A particularly nice thing about Mustangs is the variety of choices available from a 4 cylinder to road screeching V8s with track capability. The Mach 1 and GT350 would never get adequate exercise with me as an owner. Incidentally in 1965, a high school classmate of mine bought a Shelby GT 350 and I bought a Pontiac GTO - a good way to start adulthood... Bruce
IMG_0209.jpeg
Coming from a Bullitt I remember when you posted that photo. Congrats on being a true Bullitt owner!

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Coming from a Bullitt I remember when you posted that photo. Congrats on being a true Bullitt owner!
Regarding Bullitt- “Understated cool” never goes out of style.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Regarding Bullitt- “Understated cool” never goes out of style.
Precisely why I owned both a '01 and '09...

If only the '08-'09 would have had Coyote power, I'd probably still have it today.