bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking maybe softer springs like the steeda progressives or BMR performance SP080. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
This ones are same rates as GT PP1 but with a drop. If I was you I would go with Steeda Linear or Min-Drop which are 200/800 spring rate but different rates.
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I really don't want to go into another suspension overhaul because I do love how the car handles on track and on a nice back road like when I go out to visit friends in the burbs. But I know I probably need to give SOME of that up for some more compliance in the city. I was thinking maybe softer springs…
I feel your pain…I recently tossed my stiffer springs and installed Ford’s X Street Springs. Life is good again:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-epic-street-suspension-review-w-pics.160152/

Stick with 200/800 or lower. Don’t be shy to hit OEMish rates either; your other mods, especially bars and dampers, will keep the car singing in the corners. The most change you’ll notice with the softer rate is some nose lifting on very hard acceleration…a fun attribute for a street car imo.

- Mike

Canti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Thanks for the advice everyone. Sounds like springs are the way to go. So I have added the FP Street X springs to the comparison list. So it's between those and the Steeda Ultralite Linear Lowering Springs, Steeda Minimum Drop Springs and the BMR Performance Springs. Does anyone know the spring rate for the Ultralites? I can't find it on Steeda's website.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Canti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Thank you! I have a real choice to make, but they should all be substantially softer than the 250/980 rates that I have on the car now.

SlowStangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Thought I'd post this here instead of starting a new thread. I followed a lot of the recommendations on this thread to upgrade the suspension on my Mustang and they really work for making the car feel amazing in the corners and improving the feel through the steering wheel. But, I am really starting to notice that it may be too stiff for the mostly city driving that I do now since I got the parts installed over a year ago. The roads that drive on where I moved to are not great and the car just does not absorb the rough stuff to where it is starting to grate on me now. These are the parts that I went with for my handling upgrades:
  • BMR - CB005 - Cradle bushing lockout kit
  • BMR - SP083 - Lowering springs
  • BMR - SB044 - front sway bar
  • BMR - CB006 - Chassis Brace
  • Steeda Front Roll Center & Bumpsteer Correction Kit
  • Steeda Camber Plates
  • Steeda Billet Rear Shock Mount
  • Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace
  • Ford Performance Track Shock and Strut Kit
Now, I really don't want to go into another suspension overhaul because I do love how the car handles on track and on a nice back road like when I go out to visit friends in the burbs. But I know I probably need to give SOME of that up for some more compliance in the city. I was thinking maybe softer springs like the steeda progressives or BMR performance SP080. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
What tires and tire pressures are you running too? Perhaps if you have a set of 300TW+ dailyable wheels and tires, the ride may improve enough for you to keep your setup.

I'm on 285/35r19 PS4S on 19x10 inch wheels square, and I don't really think it's all that stiff, although I will say that these shocks are slightly overdamped for low-speed compression and rebound, which is what you might be complaining about. At highway speeds, they're totally fine; I've driven 200 mi trips and I really don't mind the way they feel

An additional note: There was someone on this forum saying that the Bilstein B6's have better low-speed damping, perhaps that may be your solution? I'll need to find that post, perhaps we can get that user's input

SlowStangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
The Bilsteins have better low speed damping and are generally more refined than the FP struts. The setup I have now is superior to the original PP setup my car came with.
Found it

Canti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Yeah, I live in Atlanta and the roads are awful. I do mostly city driving these days and I'm looking to get some extra bit of compliance with out going while hog and replacing all that stuff I put on the car barely a year ago. So I'm going to go with softer springs because they are relatively cheap compared to the other bits and should help with the day to day drives. I can handle stiff. I modded it knowing that it wouldn't be the boaty ride I got when I bought it and I do still want it to handle well on track. But for where I live now, it's a bit too raw. Just going by the rates I saw on another thread, these springs are are just about as firm (if not a little firmer in the back) as a GT350R but without the magride to help out.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
@Canti I have some similar mods, including the dampers, but have BMRs minimum 763 drop springs. Those are 170/740, just above PP spring rates. Same front ride height as SP083 (unless you have the original 1.2 inch drop version). I would describe the ride as good overall, and our roads are also not great around Indy. Might be a little crashy at lower speeds (15-25) or with really big bumps/holes. These dampers are a little too strong for these springs in town, but it rides pretty well on the highway considering the 285 summer tires.

I went back and forth between these springs and 83s for months before purchasing, ultimately choosing DD comfort over outright performance - and now I barely drive to work 🤦‍♂️ I keep considering moving to 83s for autocross (coil overs are not an option right now) and probably will once I find the limits of my current setup.
Sponsored