Sponsored

M-9602-M 2018-19 MUSTANG FORD PERFORMANCE MAGNERIDE HANDLING PACK

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Magneride cars can only use the 2 softest settings on the BMR front anti-roll bar. The 'stiff' setting fouls the strut. You might make it work if you used rod ends instead of ball-joints, but it gets a little tight...
Are you sure about that? According to this thread https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sway-bar-size-compilation.80809/ the Ford upgraded sway bar is 36.5mm vs 35mm for the BMR. So if the Ford were set full stiff one would think it would be slightly stiffer than the BMR. I have the RTR which is also 35mm and I run it at full stiff. I have not seen any trouble with it. I actually might change it to the least stiff setting for street driving as it is a bit stiffer than I'd like even on Normal mode. When I use Track mode I expect it to be stiffer so that's fine.
Sponsored

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Are you sure about that? According to this thread.
He is correct. I got the same answer from BMR as I was going to get them too but changed my mind. I originally bought the SuoerPro kit and then started seeing some fine print on websites about possible issues on the third hole (stiffest) in MR cars. I was given the same advice from Steeda, and also read somewhere their larger Billett end links may also foul on MR parts. All why I went with the full FP MR kit with firmware upgrade. Yep about 37mm FP vs 35mm on others but it’s difficult to compare their relative performance just on which setting. The metallurgy and manufacturing are likely to be different as well. I sold my new (unfitted) SuperPro kit so I’m not able to lay them on top of each other, but you may find the FP bar ends are shorter (and only two hole adjustable) as to not foul the MR.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
He is correct. I got the same answer from BMR as I was going to get them too but changed my mind. I originally bought the SuoerPro kit and then started seeing some fine print on websites about possible issues on the third hole (stiffest) in MR cars. I was given the same advice from Steeda, and also read somewhere their larger Billett end links may also foul on MR parts. All why I went with the full FP MR kit with firmware upgrade. Yep about 37mm FP vs 35mm on others but it’s difficult to compare their relative performance just on which setting. The metallurgy and manufacturing are likely to be different as well. I sold my new (unfitted) SuperPro kit so I’m not able to lay them on top of each other, but you may find the FP bar ends are shorter (and only two hole adjustable) as to not foul the MR.
Interesting. I haven't seen any issues with the RTR at full stiff on front (so far). Has anyone provided specific information on what they mean by "foul" MR parts? I'll have to research this with RTR while my car is stored for the winter and I'll be prepared to move it over a hole when I get it ready in the spring.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
So are the MR struts "fouling", or are the MR struts causing the end links to foul?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
1. By fouling, I mean the ball-joints hits the brackets on the struts as the suspension or steering goes through its motion.

I can't really speak to the FP bar or even anyone else's car, really, but on my car, I can't use the stiffest holes. I guess I need to get on an ARB project.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
1. By fouling, I mean the ball-joints hits the brackets on the struts at the suspension or steering goes through its motion.

I can't really speak to the FP bar or even anyone else's car, really, but on my car, I can't use the stiffest holes. I guess I need to get on an ARB project.
Ah, thanks for that. I can see how things might get a little wonky once you start moving the end link out of perpendicular with the strut body. The OEM location is very close to parallel with the strut (at least on the EBPP and PP2 ARB's), so adjusting very far out of that alignment could pull the end into a space that something else wanted to occupy when you get close to full lock. You'd have to revise the geometry of the ends of the bar to make that happen, and it's surprisingly tight in there.
50843505846_77f258011c_c.jpg
PP2 Sway Bars by clair_davis, on Flickr

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Hey M-9602-M users.

Did anyone change/replace the Jounce Bumpers/bump stops when they did the install?

I see Ford Performance have a Mustang Jounce Bumper and Hardware Pack (2015-2021) M-5570-B, and Steeda have
a set as well.

Thanks in advance.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Hey M-9602-M users.

Did anyone change/replace the Jounce Bumpers/bump stops when they did the install?

I see Ford Performance have a Mustang Jounce Bumper and Hardware Pack (2015-2021) M-5570-B, and Steeda have
a set as well.

Thanks in advance.
I didnt. I think the drop is minimal...around 20 mm.
My bullitt has never hit the bumps after 5000 k mi. Even on bad river roads. Bumps and undulations!
I did use the bumps on my 15 gt with bmr springs. More of a drop and softer suspension.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hey M-9602-M users.

a set as well.

Thanks in advance.
It's been a while since I've done it, but pretty sure front struts don't have bump stops / jounce bumpers. This is set is for regular (non-MR struts) I think.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
It's been a while since I've done it, but pretty sure front struts don't have bump stops / jounce bumpers. This is set is for regular (non-MR struts) I think.
You would think that if it was needed ford would have included them in the kit.

Sponsored

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Thanks @Shibaman and @kz. I'd thought too that as the drop was only 20mm it may not be needed and also that “if” needed it may be in the kit. (but maybe it wasn’t included..?) Being not in the US I was not keen to get it all apart and then look at the current stops and do the “what if”. The freight takes too long....

I'll send an E-Mail to FP and try to get a definitive answer and report back if/when I get one.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Thanks @Shibaman and @kz. I'd thought too that as the drop was only 20mm it may not be needed and also that “if” needed it may be in the kit. (but maybe it wasn’t included..?) Being not in the US I was not keen to get it all apart and then look at the current stops and do the “what if”. The freight takes too long....

I'll send an E-Mail to FP and try to get a definitive answer and report back if/when I get one.
There were no bumpers in my struts - here's what I found when I swapped springs:
50777061266_25cc587534_c.jpg
GT350R Spring Upgrade by clair_davis, on Flickr

Full disclosure - I did not disassemble the rear shocks to verify what was going on there. I kind of suspected that if there wasn't one in front, there wouldn't be one in back, and that you could probably create a bump stop effect through the MR software. Hopefully someone else verified this at some point, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
There were no bumpers in my struts - here's what I found when I swapped springs:

Full disclosure - I did not disassemble the rear shocks to verify what was going on there. I kind of suspected that if there wasn't one in front, there wouldn't be one in back, and that you could probably create a bump stop effect through the MR software. Hopefully someone else verified this at some point, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)
There's 100% the opportunity to have a hydraulic bump stop on Magneride cars, but these *may* have an internal bump rubber as well. You'd have to disassemble it further to know.

On the DSC controller is something to play with, but I haven't. It's one of those things that you really need to set with some good damper travel info.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

From what I understand there is only one company selling software that lets you mess with MR and it's not out yet. I could be wrong... I haven't seen a thing on this forum from an actual *USER* of said software.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
From what I understand there is only one company selling software that lets you mess with MR and it's not out yet. I could be wrong... I haven't seen a thing on this forum from an actual *USER* of said software.
What company do you have in mind ? Mess with software using stock VDM ? Highly doubt it.
If you had DSC in mind (which is not just a software) , it has been out for quite a while (in case of GT350 - for like 3 years).
Sponsored