Sponsored

Lund working on boost by gear

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
trust me go WOT in 1st/2nd or 2/3 coming out of a corner and you'll retract your statement. driver mod or not breaking tires loose on the street is dangerous, especially when the wheel isn't perfectly straight.

that's like me saying this isn't for FI, sounds like you need a driver mod for FI.

breaking tires loose isn't also JUST for FI mustang's, a lot of cars can bust loose the rear end especially with a stick. I can light the fuck out of my tires just the same as you can, so don't feel all special. we all have line lock, and we can all do donuts, and we can all do burnouts and we can all get sideways in a turn.

the point of this modification is to help with traction. I have traction issues. me being a better or worse driver wont help my fucking tires not spin going WOT in 1st 2nd or 3rd.

the whole point of mods is to get more power, the whole point of suspension mods and this tune is to put the power to the ground properly.

with your logic anyone who mods their suspension needs a "driver mod" because they don't know how to create traction. give me a break.
Sponsored

solshinobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium , Kona Blue, 10 Spd Auto
Subbed. When i go with a tune which will be a while from now, I will go with Lund.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
For all the Whipple guys, hold tight Whipple will be releasing their version of this technology called "Whipple Guardian" I talked with Whipple tech last week and this will be incorporated with the flash tool.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
For all the Whipple guys, hold tight Whipple will be releasing their version of this technology called "Whipple Guardian" I talked with Whipple tech last week and this will be incorporated with the flash tool.

Guardian is just what it sounds like, a safety feature built in to protect your engine.

What you are referring to is called "power by gear" and it's going to be a game changer for us Whipple tuned people :)

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
trust me go WOT in 1st/2nd or 2/3 coming out of a corner and you'll retract your statement. driver mod or not breaking tires loose on the street is dangerous, especially when the wheel isn't perfectly straight.

that's like me saying this isn't for FI, sounds like you need a driver mod for FI.

breaking tires loose isn't also JUST for FI mustang's, a lot of cars can bust loose the rear end especially with a stick. I can light the fuck out of my tires just the same as you can, so don't feel all special. we all have line lock, and we can all do donuts, and we can all do burnouts and we can all get sideways in a turn.

the point of this modification is to help with traction. I have traction issues. me being a better or worse driver wont help my fucking tires not spin going WOT in 1st 2nd or 3rd.

the whole point of mods is to get more power, the whole point of suspension mods and this tune is to put the power to the ground properly.

with your logic anyone who mods their suspension needs a "driver mod" because they don't know how to create traction. give me a break.
Seriously, go take some driving classes. The power that a N/A mustang makes is easily controllable. I have zero problems with controlling my mustang; check the sig. Better tires and BMR parts go a long way. You don't need a tune to help you drive at N/A power levels. Smh

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Guardian is just what it sounds like, a safety feature built in to protect your engine.

What you are referring to is called "power by gear" and it's going to be a game changer for us Whipple tuned people :)
That's what I thought to, but I asked Whipple specifically to explain Whipple Guardian and he explained it as power by gear for traction.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo

This is the exact mentality of why I hate things like launch control, boost by gear, and the Nissan GTR in general.

Sheenapple it is entirely a driver mod issue, but for both FI and n/a. You obviously have no idea how to drive a high performance car so just go ahead and sell the mustang for a Prius... that may solve your traction issues. You do realize there is this novel idea of throttle modulation, right? Isn't that exactly what the boost per gear is essentially doing with a computer instead of a competent driver? You may want to look up and learn what a friction circle is. Boost by gear is not increasing you grip it is simply reigning your power back in to try to help keep you within your friction circle. Say this boost by gear limits you to 300rwhp in first or second, you will still be able to spin the car going WOT in a tight turn. With that being the case how would this solve any of the issues you presented?

the need for driver mod is strong with you...

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
firstly lets go ahead and remove this whole "boost by gear" its called progressive power control (PPC) from Lund, sit and watch the video.

it may be a driver mod issue, great, cool. I understand the pedal transmits more data than just ON and OFF commands.

this is also not limiting your rwhp, its limiting the throttle based on rear wheel speed vs front wheel speed, its in the video.

jumping on the driver mod bandwagon is needed here or there is not what this thread is about at all.

this is a tune feature that will modulate the throttle automatically for you just by paying some money for the tune vs a "competent driver" doing it. if I had to guess the computer would do it much better and smoother than the driver could, for example cars of yesterday are not as great as cars of today due to technology. this is just another technical thing improving on something humans can't do perfectly

WHY would I want to manually modulate the throttle if this software is out and all I have to do is sit back and WOT and row gears?

my question was very simple, will this come to N/A. based on the youtube description of the video, and the video itself I don't see why it wouldn't come to N/A. they were just using a 700rwhp car as an example, they could have easily used a stock gt as well, minus the boost gauge.

by the way, not sure where your from but I can own whatever I can pay for, I got a GT over a prius, you're just going to have to deal with that. you're also not the best driver in the world and shit can still get out of hands even with the best "driver mod". this tune feature is something everyone could use that has traction issues, even the people that have the "driver mod" would wait in line for this feature.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

just put it in wet/snow that will fix that.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
This is the exact mentality of why I hate things like launch control, boost by gear, and the Nissan GTR in general.

Sheenapple it is entirely a driver mod issue, but for both FI and n/a. You obviously have no idea how to drive a high performance car so just go ahead and sell the mustang for a Prius... that may solve your traction issues. You do realize there is this novel idea of throttle modulation, right? Isn't that exactly what the boost per gear is essentially doing with a computer instead of a competent driver? You may want to look up and learn what a friction circle is. Boost by gear is not increasing you grip it is simply reigning your power back in to try to help keep you within your friction circle. Say this boost by gear limits you to 300rwhp in first or second, you will still be able to spin the car going WOT in a tight turn. With that being the case how would this solve any of the issues you presented?

the need for driver mod is strong with you...
Why don't you just remove your traction control, stability control, abs, power steering, brake booster, wipers, etc?
Are you saying you are so good at driving you can absolutely control grip so fast you can beat a computer?

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Driver mod my ass....drag strip it's off, anywhere else and ur gonna need it if you want to win races. This doesn't seem like a nanny more like the devil sitting on your shoulder saying "do it, I got your back"

Let's lead with tech get over it or sell your 550 buy a fox body, turbo ls swap it (sorry you seem like that guy) with a auto trans and a 4K stall and tons of other electronic goodies then complain when you lose to a s550 driver and his "technology"

The bad drivers will always be bad no matter what.

Naudica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Mustang GT Premium w/PP
just put it in wet/snow that will fix that.
Took the words from my mouth on that gsxr1300. :lol:

I am very interested in this also because I am going to get ready to supercharge my car.

Sikksohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 gt premium pp
I'm assuming this will be available for the turbo cars tuned by Lund as well?

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
This is exactly why I bought a Porsche 911 Turbo S with a PDK. Systems like this make the driving experience amazing. I'm so glad it's filtering into the Mustangs.
Sponsored