N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I understand why you linked to the site... I pretty familiar with it already.
" Equipped with enhanced features like Bluetooth®, our Proprietary Expansion Port, and Mobile Device Support, the powerful MPVI2 makes it faster and easier to read, edit, and write your vehicle’s software. "
MPVI2_b.jpg

Pretty sure they have the android support figured out.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
" Equipped with enhanced features like Bluetooth®, our Proprietary Expansion Port, and Mobile Device Support, the powerful MPVI2 makes it faster and easier to read, edit, and write your vehicle’s software. "
MPVI2_b.jpg

Pretty sure they have the android support figured out.
LOL. It was equipped with the ability to do stand alone datalogging in 2018 when it was released as well. Just got that feature last month. In fact, i believe the website showed all of those features 2 years ago. I'm not saying it's not possible that it will come out soon, but I am saying that HPT does not have a history of moving quick on features for this. There are other features in their software that have been talked about for years, but don't exist. Perhaps they will see the opportunity in E-motion closing and bring the features to market quick, but again, I wouldn't hold your breath.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
but again, I wouldn't hold your breath.
If LUND is pulling the strings on this one, no need to hold ur breath. It'll get done.

Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If LUND is pulling the strings on this one, no need to hold ur breath. It'll get done.

I still have my doubts, but I hope you're correct. It was my understanding that HPT just didn't have the manpower to devote to expediting these projects. I would love to see these features finally added to my MPVI2.

Last edited:

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
The "locking" feature for Fords doesn't exactly work well. There are ways around it, hence why Lund won't tune via the MPVI2. The RTD that they are using allows them to encrypt the file in a way that cannot be opened by anyone but Lund.

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The "locking" feature for Fords doesn't exactly work well. There are ways around it, hence why Lund won't tune via the MPVI2. The RTD that they are using allows them to encrypt the file in a way that cannot be opened by anyone but Lund.
I emailed lund Thursday ask if they would tune via MPVI2 because that's what I have. The reply I got was at the moment we don't support MPVI2 because we can't lock our tunes. I hope they will be able to soon

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I emailed lund Thursday ask if they would tune via MPVI2 because that's what I have. The reply I got was at the moment we don't support MPVI2 because we can't lock our tunes. I hope they will be able to soon
"Lock our tunes".... Isn't it YOUR tune once you purchase it?

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
"Lock our tunes".... Isn't it YOUR tune once you purchase it?
No, it's their tune and they don't want you turning off emissions equipment in it because then the EPA monster is coming after them. That's why they lock them.

They also don't want you sharing the file and modifying it slightly taking away from their business from someone else who has a tuner license and can adjust the tunes.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The Ford tuners are collective jack-asses. There is no real sharing of information like in the GM community.

Lund is the worst as he encrypts the entire ECM and not just the tune parameters. They all make the same changes and are worried someone will "steal" their tune.

Back when the Coyote and torque based tunning was new I could see it, not so much anymore.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
LOL. Is that what they said?
They'd probably say it in a more professional way but that's exactly why they are locked. I wouldn't want someone stealing my tunes that can easily just copy it and modify the data but at the same time turning off emissions stuff would get them in trouble since they wrote the initial tune.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
They'd probably say it in a more professional way but that's exactly why they are locked. I wouldn't want someone stealing my tunes that can easily just copy it and modify the data but at the same time turning off emissions stuff would get them in trouble since they wrote the initial tune.
No,

They are scared you will copy the tune and start "Billy Bobs" tuning service and sell the tune.
Sponsored