Sponsored

Lowering Springs

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I got on "the list" earlier today with Mike at Buyfordracing.
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
These are definitely getting ordered

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I've been talking to ford performance nearly every week on these springs and the do not and will not release the spring rates. I wanna know if they are linear or progressive. I imagine they are progressive.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I grabbed a set for my car. Cant wait this and some new wheels and carbon may be able to hold me off until some boost in a bit.

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I'd like to buy a set as well... for those that purchased, any difference in prices from one place to another?

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I'd love the look - but worry about the R spoiler scraping more than it already does.

20mm...that would look slick.

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray Track Pack
I've been talking to ford performance nearly every week on these springs and the do not and will not release the spring rates. I wanna know if they are linear or progressive. I imagine they are progressive.
Wonder the difference in spring rate between Eibach and Ford Perfromance lowering springs.

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
Nice find. Now, who the hell knows if they work? Do we simply trust Ford Performance to do their homework? I want a more appropriate wheel gap but I don't want to screw up some suspension engineers work from Ford who got the ride quality right. BTW, I'm new to the Ford world from the Porsche world where basically the suspension tune is so good you are silly to touch it.

Thanks in advance..

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
They work. Bruce Smith from Ford Racing is the one behind them. He's got an extremely impressive resume and knows exactly what he's doing. He was behind the Boss 302R, the new GT350S, and plenty more.

As to price, as always, suggested retail isn't what anyone actually pays. I've seen the pricing schedule and suffice it to say there is room between retail, jobber, and dealer cost. Buy from a dealer that has ordered a number of spring sets as they are in an even better position to discount the spring sets as they get a great price when they do. Hence why I stick with my guy.;)

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
In my opinion the R springs are the best choice. It's going to take a lot to convince me to switch. The Eibach springs lower the car .900 front and .700 rear. Plus they are progressive rate springs. No thanks!
The whole purpose of the GT350/R was handling.

With the R springs, R splitter and 30 series tires its plenty low now. But I would like to close the wheel well gap a 13mm, But 20mm is cutting it close.
I'm pretty sure the Ford performance springs are also progressive rate springs. If so I'm out.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Exactly. Interesting, I assume Ford keeps this info proprietary for sales reasons..
Possibly because I've asked them numerous times and they (FP) said will not disclose that information.

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
In the past I've had both shocks and springs dyno'd at Ground Control Suspension in Shingle Springs CA they also do custom springs using eibach ers springs. So once you know stock and eibach rates and spring heights or if you know how stiff you want to go they could get you set up with a linear track spring with coilover perches for corner weights. At that point you might as well remove the MRC for conventional JRZ RS Pro or Touring coilovers shocks or Cortex Racing JRi DA or get the programmable DSC module for 1300-bucks to program MRC dampers for linear spring rates. There's also the question of R dampers that are said to have a narrower slot gap (gap between valve ports and the stack) which makes them stiffer throughout their range. I remember talking to you about this not sure if you said they were the same or not? You know you could just get a GT350R-C and have all your dreams come true at once..:first:

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=993/CA=296

http://www.dscsport.com/mustang/

The Penske shocks are badass
http://s550mods.com/product/penske-coilover-for-the-s550-ford-mustang/

I'm betting the FRP springs are just eibach's in a ford box like the FRP air filter is airaid filter in a ford box.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1689963#post1689963

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
In the past I've had both shocks and springs dyno'd at Ground Control Suspension in Shingle Springs CA they also do custom springs using eibach ers springs. So once you know stock and eibach rates and spring heights or if you know how stiff you want to go they could get you set up with a linear track spring with coilover perches for corner weights. At that point you might as well remove the MRC for conventional JRZ RS Pro or Touring coilovers shocks or Cortex Racing JRi DA or get the programmable DSC module for 1300-bucks to program MRC dampers for linear spring rates. There's also the question of R dampers that are said to have a narrower slot gap (gap between valve ports and the stack) which makes them stiffer throughout their range. I remember talking to you about this not sure if you said they were the same or not? You know you could just get a GT350R-C and have all your dreams come true at once..:first:

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=993/CA=296

http://www.dscsport.com/mustang/

The Penske shocks are badass
http://s550mods.com/product/penske-coilover-for-the-s550-ford-mustang/

I'm betting the FRP springs are just eibach's in a ford box like the FRP air filter is airaid filter in a ford box.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1689963#post1689963
Yes I agree. The R dampers are different compared to the non-R. For some reason people keep thinking that they are not. But I agree, they are due to as you said the valving. Many people think the R and non-R rear springs are the same also but they are not.
I'm going with the DSC controller.
I also agree that the FP springs are more than likely Eibach springs.
FR350S, GT4 or GT350R-C would be great but none of them can be licensed for the street lol.
Sponsored