Sponsored

Lowering Springs

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
You could also get the DSC magneride controller to help soften the ride if this is a concern. I'm going with the DSC to allow fine tuning of the dampers.
Good point. The guys at DSC are doing great things for Porsche guys as well through TPC Racing.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
So basically he's saying they are stiffer than R springs and are linear. Plus lower it 20mm. I'm buying, I'll probably regret it due to the R splitter I have and 30 series tires.

But honestly I don't get the big secret. Even on other springs that they already sell, they never tell the spring rates.
It's a business policy decision to not publicly share certain performance data. I can respect that. From the enthusiast side of the fence, it is one that potential customers struggle with as they want to crunch numbers, compare, and make a buying decision that gives them what they want. In the end, the springs will be tested, we'll learn the rate, and have even more accurate data. For me, at this point, I have what I'm looking for. I want a spring that Bruce Smith had a say in along with some other sharp engineering minds. They knew that anyone could buy an R spring and that those didn't have any drop but did offer the potential for increased handling performance. So they chose a spring that could offer what they knew many would be looking for - a slight drop (3/4" is perfect and at just about everyone's extreme limit), and at a rate that didn't have compromise in it much like the OEM springs do, even the R springs.

Do I expect any degradation. Yes - but no. Knowing that I have different settings/modes to choose from makes this decision far different from the days when a spring change meant a rougher ride at all times. I want a sharper edge so to speak, a bigger hammer, and these should help me to get there.

Completely stock suspension and 35 series stock rubber...

I then changed to 30 series rubber (305F/325R) and you can see how much shorter they are (about 3/4").

The gap between the sheetmetal arch and the tires is now a bit more more that what I like.

zIMG_3198-Edit.jpg

A 3/4" drop is exactly what I was hoping for. It is going to be a little close with the R splitter I picked up but that's how it is. I'm going to err on the side of performance because for me that's what this car is all about.

I plan on picking up some DSC hardware to play with as well.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
So basically he's saying they are stiffer than R springs and are linear. Plus lower it 20mm. I'm buying, I'll probably regret it due to the R splitter I have and 30 series tires.

But honestly I don't get the big secret. Even on other springs that they already sell, they never tell the spring rates.
I think I'll regret it as well with the R Splitter.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
It's a business policy decision to not publicly share certain performance data. I can respect that. From the enthusiast side of the fence, it is one that potential customers struggle with as they want to crunch numbers, compare, and make a buying decision that gives them what they want. In the end, the springs will be tested, we'll learn the rate, and have even more accurate data. For me, at this point, I have what I'm looking for. I want a spring that Bruce Smith had a say in along with some other sharp engineering minds. They knew that anyone could buy an R spring and that those didn't have any drop but did offer the potential for increased handling performance. So they chose a spring that could offer what they knew many would be looking for - a slight drop (3/4" is perfect and at just about everyone's extreme limit), and at a rate that didn't have compromise in it much like the OEM springs do, even the R springs.

Do I expect any degradation. Yes - but no. Knowing that I have different settings/modes to choose from makes this decision far different from the days when a spring change meant a rougher ride at all times. I want a sharper edge so to speak, a bigger hammer, and these should help me to get there.

I then changed to 30 series rubber (305F/325R) and you can see how much shorter they are (about 3/4").

The gap between the sheetmetal arch and the tires is now a bit more more that what I like.

zIMG_3198-Edit.jpg

A 3/4" drop is exactly what I was hoping for. It is going to be a little close with the R splitter I picked up but that's how it is. I'm going to err on the side of performance because for me that's what this car is all about.

Tob I agree. Now knowing more that the springs are linear and a performance spring and not just a lowering spring im on board.

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3

zIMG_3198-Edit.jpg

Agreed on all. I'm not so concerned about scraping the underside of the splitter. I figure if you can't see the scratches no worries. Replace the splitter down the road or before selling. How do you like the Conti's?

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For street use, the DW's are great. Everybody knows that they can't match the level of dry grip that the Michelins can, including me, and I'm ok with it. The ride is very smooth and composed. For the track I'm looking at other combinations.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
For street use, the DW's are great. Everybody knows that they can't match the level of dry grip that the Michelins can, including me, and I'm ok with it. The ride is very smooth and composed. For the track I'm looking at other combinations.

I agree, running the Lund E85 tune I can get TC to go off in 3rd gear even warm with these, never on the PSS (the same surface), but they are pleasant, stopped tramlining completely, and love rain if necessary.

they also look as though they will last a long time.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In 100% agreement with all of the above.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I'll probably pick up a set for my R. Probably pick up a spare splitter to. PA isn't exactly known for their quality of roads
Sponsored