Sponsored

Lowering springs

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
What are some springs I can use with the factory struts/shocks (non PP, non magnaride) for daily driving that won’t destroy them in a few thousand miles? Or, is it recommended to upgrade struts/shocks as well? Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2013 V6 Mustang Convertible, 2020 GT Convertible CS
Most advice here (and well given) will be to replace dampers, struts, etc. while u are ready under there. While great advice, I can't afford to do that right now but want to lower it a bit.

I went with the Eibach Pro Kit springs. Went with the. Because majority of replies state close to stock ride feel, and I like the amount they lower the pony. Having them installed next week I believe. Will post up before and after pics.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most advice here (and well given) will be to replace dampers, struts, etc. while u are ready under there. While great advice, I can't afford to do that right now but want to lower it a bit.

I went with the Eibach Pro Kit springs. Went with the. Because majority of replies state close to stock ride feel, and I like the amount they lower the pony. Having them installed next week I believe. Will post up before and after pics.
I was looking at the pro kit and BMR’ minimal drop springs. I feel like a nice 1.2-1.5 on all corners would look good without having to sacrifice too much comfort or worry about road debris.

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
If your going to lower the car an inch or more I’d recommend upgrading the struts and shocks also that will work with the springs.

The car is going to feel floaty over certain bumps I know because I made that mistake last time.

I went with steeda for all my suspension parts and a big difference from stock and it’s my daily driver.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your going to lower the car an inch or more I’d recommend upgrading the struts and shocks also that will work with the springs.

The car is going to feel floaty over certain bumps I know because I made that mistake last time.

I went with steeda for all my suspension parts and a big difference from stock and it’s my daily driver.
I wasn’t going to spend that much money, but then I remembered I’ll probably be keeping this car for a while since I got the 0% 84 months. I most likely won’t buy the first year of the S650 to make sure any issues are sorted out.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Most factory shocks/struts service pre is 40k to 50k . How many miles do you have?

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most factory shocks/struts service pre is 40k to 50k . How many miles do you have?
I only have 5500 miles on the car. I still have factory suspension but was just curious how good it held up to aftermarket springs and if I should just do everything at once. Sounds like that’s a yes.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I always do suspension first just hadn’t had the time unfortunately (surgery) so now I’m getting around to it. No point in adding more power if you can’t efficiently put down what you already have.

Sponsored

ejm4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 5.0
Do you still need to replace the struts / shocks if you have a PP car and install the lowering springs?

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
For a stock set-up with slightly lowered stance, driveability and in my case some track weekends, I would recommend Swift Spec R springs. Straight swap without a need to make further investment in Camber plates / bolts etc.
I fitted these to my 2015 PP and had the set-up for a couple of years, but did add Steeda camber plates to achieve Negative alignment figures more suited to Road course driving.

I've now progressed to full coilovers, but the car behaved well on just the Swift springs - specifically designed for the S550. Many threads on here with feedback.
No need to change the low mileage shocks / struts.

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
What are some springs I can use with the factory struts/shocks (non PP, non magnaride) for daily driving that won’t destroy them in a few thousand miles? Or, is it recommended to upgrade struts/shocks as well? Thanks!
Im gonna have to go with the majority vote and say Eibach. And you don't have to upgrade shocks / struts. Recommended later on but not necessary.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I did ford performance springs, 1 inch drop...slightly more expensive than non OEM brands, but still under $300 for the springs, then I paid about $200 for install, $100 or less for alignment, no problems 20k+ and 3+years years later....lowering springs won’t cause any problems if installed properly other than some issues with aggressive speed bumps or really steep driveways....

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Last edited: