Sponsored

Low fuel warning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Is it possible adjust this warning? 50 miles left is high amount for it to come on.
Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on if your foot is as heavy as mine.

My preferred fuel depot was 15 miles away, close to the house. My 50 light came up, pulled into the fuel station, 12 miles to empty.

Be careful what you wish for. Also there is F'k all around here now, 150 miles to the nearest City. On the highway, 50 miles is 2 hours of gas. You could be walking.

So, keeping with new traditions on this site. I'll give you a BS story, give you details you already know and not answer your question.

However, I DON'T KNOW. you may be able to Forscan it, there is a thread somewhere. And no, you can't afford my Google skills if yours is broken.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Also interested in turning it off. I'm getting 50/25 warnings with half a tank or little less and it's annoying. If someone knows where it Forscan it can (preferably) turned completely off, I'd love to know.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Nah, setting an incorrect fuel tank size isn't the answer. The miles-to-empty estimation in the Mustang is pretty accurate as it is. Breaking this feature would be even more annoying than the warning. You'll still get the warning at 50 MTE, even though those 50 displayed would really be just 20.
I'd love to get rid of that stupid warning completely. I know I'm low on gas, I don't need to be reminded in such an intrusive way each and every time I start the engine. The yellow fuel level indicator is enough. But sadly this doesn't appear to be possible.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Why would some want to do that, I'd love to know more about the reasoning. Keep in mind the fuel is also keeping the fuel pump cool.

Constantly run 1/4 or less tank refills you could very well be changing the fuel pump.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Why would some want to do that, I'd love to know more about the reasoning.
Because it's incredibly obnoxious. It bongs and fills up the display each and every time you start the engine, and it won't go off by itself. You must expressly acknowledge it to make it go away. This annoys the hell out of me.
The fuel level indicator turns amber anyway, and there's also a miles-to-empty indicator right there, before my eyes. Isn't that enough? Why does it have to pester me like a mother-in-law? Come on, you've warned me once, I got it, now leave me alone!

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Why would some want to do that, I'd love to know more about the reasoning. Keep in mind the fuel is also keeping the fuel pump cool.

Constantly run 1/4 or less tank refills you could very well be changing the fuel pump.
It's annoying and distracting when it pops up on a car that isn't exactly a street car. It's avg fuel burn on E85 is such (due to how it's used) that with half a tank you get 50 miles to empty warning. I'm familiar enough with these cars that I will not run out of gas.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I also found the light to come on to early. But maybe this is a good way to look at it.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Take a look at this thread regarding the fuel MPGs and indicator light. You can try to adjust the AFE Bias calibration of the cluster.

It's been discussed on here elsewhere as others have found that the S550 MPG readings are not accurate or in some instances not being calculated correctly in both the Analog and Digital clusters. One can confirm this if they did the old fashioned MPG pencil to paper (or Excel sheet) math.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-to-adjust-your-indicated-average-fuel-economy.48903/

--
To adjust the AFE Bias, you first need to access Engineering Mode; the below links demo how to access EM.

If you have a 2015-2020 with the ANALOG gauge cluster, you should be able to enter the “Engineer Test Mode”.

Follow this link:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/engineering-test-mode.27581/

If you you have a 2018+ with the DIGITAL cluster, you should be able to access the same test mode found here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...n-18-digital-dash-old-way-doesnt-work.115231/

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport

That theory has been around since the 90's when fuel injection first came out, but there hasn't been a rash of fuel pump failures since then. As it turned out the fuel going through the pump is what cools it, not the fuel it's sitting in. As long as it's got fuel to pump it'll stay cool.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
That theory has been around since the 90's when fuel injection first came out, but there hasn't been a rash of fuel pump failures since then. As it turned out the fuel going through the pump is what cools it, not the fuel it's sitting in. As long as it's got fuel to pump it'll stay cool.
Was about to post this myself.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
My wheels and tires are a little oversized; I'll take every early warning I can get.
Sponsored