Sponsored

Love thyecoboost~!

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I would have loved to keep my EB, it was pretty near full bolt-ons and a lot of fun, but in the end I decided I had to make the change.

On another note, I also used to make fun of ppl talking about mpg with GTs but I now see they weren't that full of crap. I filled my EB with 93 and averaged 23.5mpg and up till now I've been filling my GT on 87 or 89 and getting 21mpg on average. It's very dependant on gearing and what kind of commute you have. My driving habits have not changed
Sponsored

BrewCityBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BrewCityBOOST Mustang
I echo alot of the positive sentiment here already. i came from driving turbocharged Saabs exclusively for the past 10 years, even built a very successful global aftermarket brand through my enthusiasm. i didnt buy the ebm as a because its a mustang or as a business decision, although i can't help heading that direction anyways lol, i bought it as it fit my needs. a turbo 4 rear wheel drive fun machine. and it does just that. and I still love Saabs, even left the EBM at home today to drive the built Viggen, talk about character!

the EBM is great, and ive never had issues with anyone talking down on it cuz 4 banger.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I love my new Ecoboost, right now I am doing cosmetic mods, window tint, brake caliper paint, lowering springs. Then up next will be an intercooler, oil seperator and a performance tune. I all ready love this car and when the mods are done it should be really sweet.

Terry :ford:

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I would never dog the EB just because I have a GT now. My EB was a great and fun car to drive. My tuned full bolt on EB seems just as fast stop light to stop light as my GT. The only thing that car was lacking was a top end. My mpg's has not changed much. I was averaging about 24.5 with the EB on 93. The GT is getting about 21.3 on the same fuel. This still with me dropping the hammer down on her any chance I get.

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I get the MPG similarities with Eco's and GT's around town.. boost is addicting and it chews fuel. But highway.. whole other thing. I consistently hit 32-34 mpg on long trips.

30k miles of badass fun with this car, couldn't be happier. - Muffler Deletes, Tune, Progressive Springs, Spacers, intercooler on the way this week

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I get the MPG similarities with Eco's and GT's around town.. boost is addicting and it chews fuel. But highway.. whole other thing. I consistently hit 32-34 mpg on long trips.

30k miles of badass fun with this car, couldn't be happier. - Muffler Deletes, Tune, Progressive Springs, Spacers, intercooler on the way this week
Jump up to that Adam tune, if u don't already have it! ;)

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
I wanted to start this thread a month ago, so thanks for well actually doing it.
Last month I was in Florida and got a Chrysler 200. While I saw hundreds of Mustang rentals, I needed the extra seat, so I got the above family truckster. In the end I was so happy I did because it made me thankful for my EB.
I know it is like comparing apples and oranges but they are both fruit so will go with what I can compare.
1 Interior....I have the premium package so there was no comparison but even the non premium on the Mustang is worlds better. I hated the layout of the 200 I couldn't find anything, the controls were confusing as all get out especially the radio. The plastic was as bad as my Escape which is base model and a truck. Seats were much worse.
2 MPG should be in favor of the 200 right? Wrong I got a good 2-3 MPG worse than the Mustang.
3 Performance, not fair at all but it was a great reminder that the EB is not a family truckster, I found myself trying to get it moving faster all the time. There was a huge lag and suddenly it would rev like a banshee...but not move at all. I know it is a manual but really it sucked. Our EB might not be a V8 but it sure isn't this pile of crap.
4 Trunk...a tie I think.
5 Style ..hahaha
6 Ride...I found the EB to be a bit less noisy but the ride of course is firmer.

I got home and just sat in my EB it was soooooo nice to be out of the 200. My point is it isn't a big V8 but is a great car in it's own right. So thanks for the reminder Chrysler.:D

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
[MENTION=16080]Spoolin[/MENTION]
Those of us that came from other turbocharged cars love this platform and can appreciate what it is.

People who bought it because it's a Mustang will never be happy because it doesn't have a V8. The Mustang is the Iconic Pony car and that also means it carries lots of baggage. If Ford had given the car a different grill and tail light, and called it the Capri there wouldn't be anywhere near the negativity. The only negatives on most reviews are that it doesn't sound like a V8 or should've gotten the V8 which implies a negative bias going in and the car will never get a fair shake from a purist. But my favorite line from this article rings true

I highly recommend you read that to see an example of what a non v8 biased review looks like.

this 100% I think the Ecoboost Mustang in itself is a great idea, but it's hard to get my head around it. If it came out independantly and were called a Capri it would have at least twice the amount of love it gets wearing a pony badge.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
this 100% I think the Ecoboost Mustang in itself is a great idea, but it's hard to get my head around it. If it came out independantly and were called a Capri it would have at least twice the amount of love it gets wearing a pony badge.
Turbo cars are some of the most well respected and fast cars on the market, yes this is a 4cyl I think that's where the hate comes in, if this had the twin v6 like other ecoboosts lines, the GT v8 guys would be crying bloody murder because these cars would smoke them. I think they don't get love because of the sound they make, because old school Americans need that reassurance of roar to accomadate the shortcomings of a limp peepee. I think any actual car enthusiast can have respect and admiration for any car that can run into the 11's with bolt ons, and especially that is in the same car family. It's just always going to be the debate, and hate beetween two versions of an amazing performance car, that share so many parts in common, except 4 less or more cylinders.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I love mine, so much that I was a repeat customer when my first one was totaled :headbang:

I'm not into modding (yet), but it's a really decent car just the way it comes out of the box (and more so in Performance Pack guise). I'm not enamored by the V8 rumble (because I've never owned a car with that many cylinders).

It allowed me to replace my daily driver with one just as fun (even more fun :D ), and still get decent mileage (the exact same mileage as the car that it replaced). That's part of what the 4-banger is all about. It's nice getting Rear Wheel Drive again, too...got sick of torque steer, bump steering, etc :doh:

P.S. just for kicks and grins, call your insurance agent sometime, and compare rates with the GT :cool:

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
P.S. just for kicks and grins, call your insurance agent sometime, and compare rates with the GT :cool:
Doesn't always make much of a difference my premium changed by $75

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I love mine, so much that I was a repeat customer when my first one was totaled :headbang:

I'm not into modding (yet), but it's a really decent car just the way it comes out of the box (and more so in Performance Pack guise). I'm not enamored by the V8 rumble (because I've never owned a car with that many cylinders).

It allowed me to replace my daily driver with one just as fun (even more fun :D ), and still get decent mileage (the exact same mileage as the car that it replaced). That's part of what the 4-banger is all about. It's nice getting Rear Wheel Drive again, too...got sick of torque steer, bump steering, etc :doh:

My insurance increased by about $40. Policy renews every six months. It didn't seem to matter that I had a GT now.

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
Never even considered the GT. It had nothing to do with insurance or affordability. I fell in love with the original SVO when I was a teen and when this came out, I had to have it because it brought back those memories. I do agree though it would have been awesome if it were marketed as a Capri RS...with a single twin tip exhaust! I love my car. Yes the exhaust sounds like crap, blah blah blah. I don't care. And, I'm sure I'll love it more with the Vargas Stage 2 turbo. I have no GT envy what so ever. But the GT350....that's a different story. That might replace my Ecoboost when I'm ready for a change....

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Never even considered the GT. It had nothing to do with insurance or affordability. I fell in love with the original SVO when I was a teen and when this came out, I had to have it because it brought back those memories. I do agree though it would have been awesome if it were marketed as a Capri RS...with a single twin tip exhaust! I love my car. Yes the exhaust sounds like crap, blah blah blah. I don't care. And, I'm sure I'll love it more with the Vargas Stage 2 turbo. I have no GT envy what so ever. But the GT350....that's a different story. That might replace my Ecoboost when I'm ready for a change....
I think anyone on here would trade up to a GT350 if they had a chance.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost