Louvers

16SaleenYellowLabel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label
I'm debating on adding a rear and side window louvers to my Saleen. I love the look but undecided on the two. What's your pick? The 1st or 2nd?

Rear Louver.jpg
Rear louver 2.jpg
Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm not a louver guy for me or my car. It had the side window louvers on it when I first got it. They came off as soon as I was sure I didn't like them but I do like that other people like them, if that makes any sense. That being said, I like the first set you showed much better than the second.

Edit: I had the pictures wrong in my head when I posted originally. I like the retro look. The second set looks like a bad version of the Bat-Mobile too me. Almost like they melted.

OP
OP
16SaleenYellowLabel

16SaleenYellowLabel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label
I'm not a louver guy for me or my car. It had the side window louvers on it when I first got it. They came off as soon as I was sure I didn't like them but I do like that other people like them, if that makes any sense. That being said, I like the first set you showed much better than the second.

Edit: I had the pictures wrong in my head when I posted originally. I like the retro look. The second set looks like a bad version of the Bat-Mobile too me. Almost like they melted.
That does make sense...I had the rear louver on my Foxbody when I had it. I just think it makes it look mean...I like them both for sure but understand and can't unsee the melted louver now haha

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I put louvers on a car in the late '70s. I liked them at the time but gradually became disenchanted with them. They looked ok but were a huge pita to keep clean and looking good.

Between those two I prefer the top set. But really, I like the car better without.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
What ever doesn't fook up the aero. And both of those do.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the aluminum rear louvers and like them a lot on my Mach 1. Gives it a more classic look, keeps the rear cooler, and is pretty easy to remove for cleaning.

IMG_3992.JPEG
I have side louvers only on my GT. For the Mach 1 I already have the side louvers to install when it gets a little warmer here, yeah I know it’s California but I need it to be in the 70s consistently. What back louvers do you have there?

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I went with the aluminum rear louvers and like them a lot on my Mach 1. Gives it a more classic look, keeps the rear cooler, and is pretty easy to remove for cleaning.

IMG_3992.JPEG
They look great on that green color too!

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I put louvers on a car in the late '70s. I liked them at the time but gradually became disenchanted with them. They looked ok but were a huge pita to keep clean and looking good.

Between those two I prefer the top set. But really, I like the car better without.
I too liked the 70's style, as I had a '70 Mustang with the louvers. Yes they were extra work to clean, but because my Stang didn't have AC, they did help keep the interior temp a bit more manageable. I might have felt like you if I had AC.

As for today's style, I'm not a fan of wavy louvers personally. And while I like the straighter louver of today's generation, I miss the refined, rolled transition from the horizontal louvers to vertical at the outboard frame. And oh yes, I loved the 70's hinge/quick latch feature permitting quick raising of louvers to clean glass underneath underneath.

'70 Mustang Rear Window Louvers.jpg

Sponsored

23GreenGremlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
I have side louvers only on my GT. For the Mach 1 I already have the side louvers to install when it gets a little warmer here, yeah I know it’s California but I need it to be in the 70s consistently. What back louvers do you have there?
I got mine from CJs Pony Parts. Looks like a couple of vendors carry them. Two downsides, they are pricy and the paint on them is not great. Had to repaint mine before I was happy. It doesn't like to stick well on the edges.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Not a huge louver fan, but I’d go with the Batman looking ones (bottom pic). Those are the MMD louvers, correct? Anyway, those are the ones I would go with if louvers were my thing.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Well the second ones look like they've melted, so there's that. First ones ruin the lines of the car IMO. There's got to be a bit sleeker ones..

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I'm debating on adding a rear and side window louvers to my Saleen. I love the look but undecided on the two. What's your pick? The 1st or 2nd?

Rear Louver.jpg
Rear louver 2.jpg
Th Aluminum version on top is what I picked, as it looks like the original Mach1/Boss 302 louvers. Not a fan of any of the plastic versions.
Things I like about my louvers: They look great, they keep the car MUCH cooler in summer.
Things I don't like: Takes about 5 min. and a couple of soft towels to remove and install for cleaning. Then you have to find a place to put it while it's off the car, and make sure you don't loose the plastic nuts.
Note: If you get the Aluminum one, don't use the metal washers, they will scratch the paint on the louvers.
IMG_4989crop.JPG

louvers2.JPG