2019 Mustang GT 10R80 201A

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I have had a clunk since day one on my 15 GT Auto. I only hear it if windows are down or door open...no problem in 30 k miles...

OP
OP
nick20s

nick20s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stangfan
Vehicle(s)
I have had a clunk since day one on my 15 GT Auto. I only hear it if windows are down or door open...no problem in 30 k miles...
Awesome, nothing big to worry then! Thanks for sharing!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
When I shift from Park to Reverse, I hear a clunk from the car. It is a 2019 Mustang GT with 10 speed automatic transmission. I only have 1000 miles on it. Is this normal?
When you shift it from PARK to REVERSE, give it a second to engage before you take your foot off the brake and you'll never hear that noise again,....unless there is a mechanical problem with your car.
Good luck!

OP
OP
nick20s

nick20s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stangfan
Vehicle(s)
When you shift it from PARK to REVERSE, give it a second to engage before you take your foot off the brake and you'll never hear that noise again,....unless there is a mechanical problem with your car.
Good luck!
Sure, I was probably too quick. I’ll keep observing. Thanks so much! I showed this to the service advisor, until the car breaks down, these guys keep saying it is a normal operating characteristic!

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Sure, I was probably too quick. I’ll keep observing. Thanks so much! I showed this to the service advisor, until the car breaks down, these guys keep saying it is a normal operating characteristic!
I bet this works for you.
Good luck and keep us posted!

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Yes completely normal. I have this on my 17 v6.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
I had the lurching issue going from reverse into drive and neutral into drive. Also had a harsh coasting downshift as I would approach a stop light or sign. A dealer reflash last week fixed both issues and all is smooth. I tried the battery disconnect transmission relearn idea but it did not work.

CBDickens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Magnetic
I had the lurching issue going from reverse into drive and neutral into drive. Also had a harsh coasting downshift as I would approach a stop light or sign. A dealer reflash last week fixed both issues and all is smooth. I tried the battery disconnect transmission relearn idea but it did not work.
Can you upload info about what they did? Thank you!

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I always let it return to idle before putting into gear. Just noticed when I take it out of gear rev it and put backing gear it jerks a little.
I think you're describing the torque converter when it is shifting gears. In my previous manual I would get a sound when going into reverse. On my old Mustang sn95 I would have a little clank when the torque converter went from park to reverse. Sounds like it's just normal. If you can. Record it and upload to youtube and link here.

SilverUri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
When I shift from Park to Reverse, I hear a clunk from the car. It is a 2019 Mustang GT with 10 speed automatic transmission. I only have 1000 miles on it. Is this normal?
Hi, any update with a solution to your problem? I have the same thing in GT 2020 🫶🤟
Sponsored