Lost on exhaust setup ideas

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I’m not enjoying the MBRP street at all. Angry minivan sound.

Looking for something to weld into the mid pipe then go back to a race style axle back
Mine sounded like trash at first, but the clamps didn't actually crush the pipes and seal because I didn't use an impact. Thus huge leaks. Now that I have everything correct, it sounds awesome.
Sponsored

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost premium mustang
If going MBRP I'd say just not the race version as then you'd run into the same drone scenario.
Ill second the drone on race version, i love the sound when getting on it. I just has this setup installed today. The drone is minimal when crusing at say 55 its when you let off to slow for any reason you get drowned. And i have some slight rattles in my doors now im going to have to find. Would i have gone this route knowing all this YES. The getting down sound is pleasing and the added power of course.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Do the Vibrant 1794's just cut down on droning? That's something that I need with my setup but I would also like the noise to go down a bit. I believe I had stock headers (my car passed Cali smog) but I know I have some h-pipe and a Roush Axleback.

I like the obnoxiousness on my setup but at times I do wish it less obnoxious. Cutting it down by 20% or so would be great. Whatever I decide to go with (Vibrant 1794, Magnaflow TRU x, something else), should it be installed on the straight part of my h-pipe?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Do the Vibrant 1794's just cut down on droning? That's something that I need with my setup but I would also like the noise to go down a bit. I believe I had stock headers (my car passed Cali smog) but I know I have some h-pipe and a Roush Axleback.

I like the obnoxiousness on my setup but at times I do wish it less obnoxious. Cutting it down by 20% or so would be great. Whatever I decide to go with (Vibrant 1794, Magnaflow TRU x, something else), should it be installed on the straight part of my h-pipe?
The 1794s will clean up tone and bring volume down some. Drone is caused primarily by the muffler design. The Tru X will actually kill most of the volume if you are trying to bring it down dramatically.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
The 1794s will clean up tone and bring volume down some. Drone is caused primarily by the muffler design. The Tru X will actually kill most of the volume if you are trying to bring it down dramatically.
I still want volume I just don't want it at obnoxious levels.

I'm leaning toward the 1794s but is there a middle ground between them and the Tru X?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sytx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I still want volume I just don't want it at obnoxious levels.

I'm leaning toward the 1794s but is there a middle ground between them and the Tru X?
I have heard the Tru-X does its job sometimes Too well. The other option I had almost entertained before going with dual 1794s was the dual in-out borla resonator, it works very well also. The dual 1794s I installed took my car from Obnoxious to Very Loud. There was an immediate difference with the drone as well, AZ18yote is correct that a lot of that depends on your actual axleback. I have flowmaster outlaws, so I still have drone after installing my 1794s. However, it did cut the drone in half, from headache inducing to mildly irritating. But if you have anything but flowmasters, like AWE or Corsa or Magnaflow, etc.... drone shouldn't be bad at all.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Corsa Sport and stock headers. You're welcome.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'd consider it if I was looking for a new exhaust but I'm looking to spend $250 and not $1400 to $2000
Yep it's pricey. But you get what you pay for. I went the cheap route and look where I ended up. It really is worth every penny.
Sponsored