N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
What would be the best kit for my GT w/ the MT82? Not looking for stupid crazy horsepower boost, just a good basic kit. Thanks.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Basically your going to get a reply based on what people already own. whipple owners will say whipple. Paxton owners will say Paxton. It all depends on how you want the car to drive? And how much you want to spend?

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I ment do you want more low end torque?
(Wipple or edelbrock).
Top end pull?
(paxton or procharger).
If your only looking for base power. Why pay turbo money? When a cheap centri kit will get you all you want. (600_700ish). This shit ain't cheap. So a little forethought goes a long way.

Last edited:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
The best kit you can get is the one you pick up from another member. If its complete and good shape why not save 30-40% off of new prices by taking advantage of the mustangs extensive aftermarket??

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
The best kit you can get is the one you pick up from another member. If its complete and good shape why not save 30-40% off of new prices by taking advantage of the mustangs extensive aftermarket??
id love nothing more to find a Gen V whipple for a 18+ with the cobra jet I/C for even 25% off. But the way people are today I don’t think I’d trust anyone. All the horror stories of people being ripped off getting ruined kits, charge backs, box of junk. I’m scared to death to buy online or even used in person. Hell Im scared to even sell my parts online. Just to much shady crap going around. But seriously. Someone find me a whipple kit 25-40% off haha.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
There are tons of threads out there on this exact subject but it basically boils down to being honest with yourself upfront. The weak link in your car is going to be the transmission and clutch. A better clutch will kill your transmission if you run it at the track. I started with a paxton and auto swapped my car before installing the paxton. I eventually switched to a turbo to give myself more room to grow in the future. The paxton was rock solid and ran 9.38 at 148 in killer air on a 3.48 pulley. I have buddies with pro chargers and whiles. The whipple looks great and runs well but the install is a bit more involved and the setup is heavier. The procharger is easy to install but I feel like the parts in the paxton kit are nicer like aluminum piping vs steel that rust. If you go with the paxton I would get the oil fed or JT trim to give you more head room. Honestly I think the hellion sleeper kit is the way to go because it makes great power, gives you room to grow and cost about the same after you factor in the cost of headers.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The Vortech V-3 Si kit is probably the most basic kit you can get for a good bump in power without going too crazy. The Paxton 2200SL is capable of some serious power and has room to grow if you want. I also believe the Centri's are less harsh on your driveline compared to the PD style blowers that pour on the torque early on. It's all about how you drive it. If you drive it hard every time you get in the car, expect some things to break over time.

I am looking at going FI myself too, but I can never make a decision and I think about all the supporting mods that are necessary and I just end up forgetting about it till a later time and come back looking at options again. Endless cycle.

Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Have you ever had a supercharger on your car before?

Are you planning on racing the car or mostly street?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
This is the age old question. As many have said it depends on what you want to do with your vehicle. All of the F/I kits do quite well on the platform. I truly doubt you would be displeased with any of them.

As I have said before, F/I for me would be a TT setup, or a Centri setup. With either I can keep certain parts on the car, and they both would take advantage of the high rev nature of the voodoo.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase