MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
You won't decimate driveline components with big power on street tires.
Yeah, that's should've read 'especially' on street tires! :)

I had a 750 HP Supra, that I drove exclusively on street tires, no problems on the driveline, just lots of smoke and tire replacements :D
Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Yeah, it pushes a lot of the right buttons, but at the end of day, at $6000+, there's a minimum performance expectation. I was also talking to my local Ford guys, they're a Roush dealer, they can do a full install, with warranty, etc.
There have been improvements in the Roush system in the past few months. Since Roush is associated with Ford, I think it would be a very good and safe option. It sounds like the improvements have helped with the tuning and heat soak issues that the early units had.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I would go for a tuner kit with a custom tune. A buddy of mine tuned the edlebrock kit for a friend because he couldn't get the canned tune to load. The kit came with really small injectors as well. It appears the airbox is really restrictive as well. The car picked up like 50 RWHP pulling the lid on the airbox but it maxed out the injectors.

Clements81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I'm happy with my Procharger. If you want a centri with more mid range power you can wastegate it.

Install is very easy, no heat soak at all I've done 3 back to back dyno pulls with identical results.
How did you install the waist gate. I am very interested in this but do not find good explanations and or instructions.

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
Like already stated, all of these kits do very well for the power range you're looking for, I'm turboed myself but if I had to do it again I would personally go with the Gen 5 Whipple kit because of how well the IAT's do on it. If you have any question or would like to see what kind of deal we can get you on any kit, hit me up over at lethalperformance.com
Which turbo kit do you have that your having IAT issues? How high are the IATs? In what conditions are you seeing the heat soak?
Think your the first person I’ve seen saying they want to go turbo->blower. Usually see people going the other way.

Also, OP, did you ever decide on a FI solution? If so, how are you liking it?

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
How did you install the waist gate. I am very interested in this but do not find good explanations and or instructions.
Check out my build log for lots of info and pics. But to oversimplify it you can either put the gate on the intercooler end tank or the pipe before the intercooler. Put in the spring for the amount of boost you want to run or use a boost controller, and put the smallest pulley on the blower you can within RPM limits. Big pickup in midrange power and boost builds twice as fast. PM me if needed

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Did you make sure to start a mullet and get a cassette player for your mustang? @Rjames18
Sponsored