SlowWhite

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
So as of now, my GT500 is sold. The new owner is flying in Monday to pick it up and drive it back to Illinois.

I will say, selling a car outright, is a special kind of hell lol. Takes quite a bit of patience.

While I was waiting, I found some potential choices for a replacement. Unfortunately they sold shortly after finding them. I did once across an arguably ideal choice at a good price. Itā€™s a 2019 10spd GT California Special with the 401A package. A performance pack would of been cool too but.. choices arenā€™t plentiful around here.. the guy is asking $42,900 for or.. 34k miles. Heā€™s the original owner and selling due to a recent divorce unfortunately. Seems like a good price comparatively speaking to what Iā€™ve been finding onlineā€¦

not crazy about the original wheels but stock wheels donā€™t usually deter me from a car since Ill change them anyhow. Iā€™m gonna go look at the car tomorrow sometime. Being I owned a S550 for about a year, so Iā€™m pretty familiar with them already.

hereā€™s some photos of the current prospect.

the black looks great but damn itā€™s a blessing and a curse. I was hoping to find a 401A 10spd car in white or silver butā€¦

this will be the first automatic car Iā€™ve owned in probably over 10 years. canā€™t deny how well they perform and Iā€™m not the biggest fan of the MT82.
34D7B9D9-A95D-49FE-9224-1FCEDF3507B5.jpeg
E61FF2F4-8689-4442-97A9-013D37CF4810.jpeg
F6EEEDE6-D98D-4B73-ADBB-C0D1F36E2DD6.jpeg
7355D51C-05B2-4F2D-9741-19B2C6D6471C.jpeg
8952F656-5218-42DF-B87E-F70B97C0F87D.jpeg
B78EB86B-B533-4C04-B11A-A36CE437A198.jpeg
Sponsored

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Nice CS! thats my twin minus the A10. Good luck with your transactions!

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Wait, youā€™re thinking 42,900 is a good deal for a 34K mile 2019 model? I know used cars are up but good lord! I mean maybe if the CS package is worth 10-12K to youā€¦

I realize that was then and this is now but in Oct 2020 I paid under 50 for a brand new 2020 premium GT convertible that listed for over 55. I think maybe Iā€™d call Granger and price out a de-contented new one before Iā€™d go that route.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
So as of now, my GT500 is sold. The new owner is flying in Monday to pick it up and drive it back to Illinois.

I will say, selling a car outright, is a special kind of hell lol. Takes quite a bit of patience.

While I was waiting, I found some potential choices for a replacement. Unfortunately they sold shortly after finding them. I did once across an arguably ideal choice at a good price. Itā€™s a 2019 10spd GT California Special with the 401A package. A performance pack would of been cool too but.. choices arenā€™t plentiful around here.. the guy is asking $42,900 for or.. 34k miles. Heā€™s the original owner and selling due to a recent divorce unfortunately. Seems like a good price comparatively speaking to what Iā€™ve been finding onlineā€¦
My 2022 premium black accent GT that I custom ordered came in around that same price. In my opinion that is a awful deal.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Dude if you got 40k+ to spend order yourself the car you want.

All the options you're posting would not even be a consideration in my book, they are awful deals.

Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Well if it wasnā€™t my daily and I was only looking to go fast, I would just keep it. It currently has 36k miles on it and it runs and drives like a much newer car. The solid rear is def better for performance but quite frankly, it rides like a pickup truck lol. Our roads are pretty terrible here in Louisiana.

it also has recaros. Theyā€™re super nice and all but not the most comfortable seat Iā€™ve sat in mustang wise. Itā€™s better suited as a second car for someone. Sadly the majority of my driving is to work.
I can relate to this... my 2016 is my daily to and from work. Lots of miles are put on it and Colorado highways are not nice. Tons of cracks and potholes everywhere. Wanted a GT350 but could not justify tolerating the ride quality for a daily driver even though the drive would surely be much more fun.

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Wait, youā€™re thinking 42,900 is a good deal for a 34K mile 2019 model? I know used cars are up but good lord! I mean maybe if the CS package is worth 10-12K to youā€¦

I realize that was then and this is now but in Oct 2020 I paid under 50 for a brand new 2020 premium GT convertible that listed for over 55. I think maybe Iā€™d call Granger and price out a de-contented new one before Iā€™d go that route.
Note this... it might just be a better option. My 21 CS, 0 miles was 47k out the door. That is kind of high for that amount of miles. id sell you mine for 45. has 7k on it plus some nice upgrades.

OP
OP
SlowWhite

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
According to fordā€™s build your own feature.. just a premium with 401a, 10spd, and a couple of BS options like a spare tire etcā€¦ itā€™s 51k.. plus in the state of Louisiana and the area I reside in.. taxes are another 10% on top. So thatā€™ll be 56k-ish.. I canā€™t see a dealer coming off the sticker that much..

I also donā€™t wanna spend mid 50k on a car. Of course going brand new would be better but.. even if I looked at the whole state of Louisianaā€¦ pickins are slim. Only options that were a must was the 401a, 10spd, and being a premium model..

Searching local dealers for new.. they have some in transit but not optioned how Iā€™d want. Theyā€™re either minimally optioned or they went full tilt on options

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Well if it wasnā€™t my daily and I was only looking to go fast, I would just keep it. It currently has 36k miles on it and it runs and drives like a much newer car. The solid rear is def better for performance but quite frankly, it rides like a pickup truck lol. Our roads are pretty terrible here in Louisiana.

it also has recaros. Theyā€™re super nice and all but not the most comfortable seat Iā€™ve sat in mustang wise. Itā€™s better suited as a second car for someone. Sadly the majority of my driving is to work.
What's the problem with a GT500 as a drive to work car? Unless it's the clutch, which I get. 12 years in Houston traffic in a Terminator will give you arthritis in the left leg. But, dang it was always a fun drive to work. Keep the GT500. Put a Whipple 3.0 on it if you're getting bored. Too much power makes up for a lot of other shortcomings.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
According to fordā€™s build your own feature.. just a premium with 401a, 10spd, and a couple of BS options like a spare tire etcā€¦ itā€™s 51k.. plus in the state of Louisiana and the area I reside in.. taxes are another 10% on top. So thatā€™ll be 56k-ish.. I canā€™t see a dealer coming off the sticker that much..

I also donā€™t wanna spend mid 50k on a car. Of course going brand new would be better but.. even if I looked at the whole state of Louisianaā€¦ pickins are slim. Only options that were a must was the 401a, 10spd, and being a premium model..

Searching local dealers for new.. they have some in transit but not optioned how Iā€™d want. Theyā€™re either minimally optioned or they went full tilt on options
Would you pay 65k for a 2021 401A 4K miles that will walk a new GT500? šŸ˜œ

Sponsored
OP
OP
SlowWhite

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
What's the problem with a GT500 as a drive to work car? Unless it's the clutch, which I get. 12 years in Houston traffic in a Terminator will give you arthritis in the left leg. But, dang it was always a fun drive to work. Keep the GT500. Put a Whipple 3.0 on it if you're getting bored. Too much power makes up for a lot of other shortcomings.
well Iā€™d like to have something a little more modern.. better ride quality among other things. I donā€™t mind the clutch so much since itā€™s not a hard clutch at all. My 45 mile one way trip to work isnā€™t so bad since the majority of it is on the interstate with the cruise on 70. I was about to say to hell with it all and just keep it but a few days before my ads were up for renewal, a guy reached out to buy it.. heā€™ll probably drive it 4000-5000 miles a year.

Iā€™m gonna see if I can strike a better deal than asking price on that black CS model. The next closest thing to that is a white 19 GT premium 401a 10spd with 10k less miles but for 4K more and itā€™s at a dealer. That 10.45% sales tax really puts a dent in the budget.

there is a 21 GT optioned the same way at a local dealer with 1800 miles.. no price listed, knowing how this area is.. Iā€™d be willing to bet itā€™s $50k or better.. insane I know.. weā€™ll see what they say. They might surprise me..

With the way the inflation is taking over these days, gas prices, etc etcā€¦ dealers will be crying before too long.. canā€™t tell ya how many base GTs with just the 10spd as an option Iā€™ve found in the 40k range (with low low miles). Louisiana has never been a mecca for performance vehicles on lotsā€¦ this is truck and SUV country.. search goes on

OP
OP
SlowWhite

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
On a side noteā€¦ I wished companies like Carvana and Vroom were worth a damn.. it would make life easier to have more possible options.. theyā€™re both quite a shit show from the reviews Iā€™ve read on bothā€¦. Great idea but handled terribly. I wonder if Carmax is any better. I have my own financing already so I wonā€™t have to go through their hoops on that end..

A good experience with any of them seems to be few and far between

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
I was in the same boat! Had to sell my 19 NFG GT w/10spd last year! Except this time I wanted a manual! Took over 3 months to find one optioned how I wanted that wasnā€™t stupidly over priced! I didnā€™t get the color I wanted but the rapid red is a nice color. Have you thought of buying out of state? Is that an option to help with that 10% tax?

OP
OP
SlowWhite

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
I was in the same boat! Had to sell my 19 NFG GT w/10spd last year! Except this time I wanted a manual! Took over 3 months to find one optioned how I wanted that wasnā€™t stupidly over priced! I didnā€™t get the color I wanted but the rapid red is a nice color. Have you thought of buying out of state? Is that an option to help with that 10% tax?
nope, I bought the car Iā€™m selling out of state and I paid to pay the same tax rate.. we just get the banana on taxes in our parish. Had I lived in say Lafayette parish.. it would be nearly 3% less in taxes.. which is amazing, since our roads are utter garbage. Years ago I blew out a tire because of a chunk of asphalt laying in the road where the black top was broken up. Couldnā€™t avoid it due to an oncoming car crossing me at that exact spot.

they are nice enough to pour the tar coated rocks in the holes in the road from time to time lol.. nothing like some tar splatter on your car

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Wow! Iā€™m sorry I would have made them pay for that tire!
Sponsored