Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
  • Banned
I was wondering if by any chance anyone has outfitted their mustangs with 18” wheels staggered and what are some good ones. I’m going to get a set of H&R lowering springs and they lower the car 1.75”. So I’m looking to keep the 18s to minimize the rotating mass of the wheels. Now what I’ve ran into is that many of the wheels their hub size start going up which means hub rings which I want to stay away from.

Any and all opinions welcomed.
Sponsored

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
I am going to try running a 18x9 and 18x10.5 Weld Belmont wheel. I want the drag look while maintaining street ability. I plan to run 255/45 front tires and 315/40 rear Nitto 555s. I am lowered on eibach springs now. Not sure why you want to stay away from hub rings, they serve their purpose and are nothing to be afraid of.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
  • Banned
I am going to try running a 18x9 and 18x10.5 Weld Belmont wheel. I want the drag look while maintaining street ability. I plan to run 255/45 front tires and 315/40 rear Nitto 555s. I am lowered on eibach springs now. Not sure why you want to stay away from hub rings, they serve their purpose and are nothing to be afraid of.
Thanks for the input I’ll take a look. Also I’ve never used hub rings. I guess I need to research them, and figure out if that’s a rout I’d like to take. I figure the it’s one less part that can break.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks for the input I’ll take a look. Also I’ve never used hub rings. I guess I need to research them, and figure out if that’s a rout I’d like to take. I figure the it’s one less part that can break.
Apex makes 18” wheels in staggered sets and they are hub centric, no rings needed.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah Apex. They have a few options. I have a set of 18x11 front and 18x12 rear :O … but I bet they could outfit you with some 10”/11” wheels too.

you’re going to be crazy close to the ground with that drop and another 1/2” from the smaller wheels and tires.. depends on the tire but dang.

Sponsored

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
Hub rings are really no big deal. Most aftermarket wheels are not hub centric to many cars/trucks, thus the need for them. Once they are in the hub of the wheel and it's bolted down, they don't move or anything so they won't break. But if you run a non hub centric wheel without them, you will definitely be sorry. It can cause severe tire shake and can even jerk the steering wheel out of your hand when you are at highway speeds, ask me how I know, lol.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
  • Banned
Apex makes 18” wheels in staggered sets and they are hub centric, no rings needed.
Was just on their website and they have some sexy ass wheels. Doing an 18x9.5 upfront and an 18x12 back it’ll look crazy sexy.

you’re going to be crazy close to the ground with that drop and another 1/2” from the smaller wheels and tires.. depends on the tire but dang.
You know when I had my Corvette I slammed it to the point where it hard a hard time going over grass and it looked sexy.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
  • Banned
Hub rings are really no big deal. Most aftermarket wheels are not hub centric to many cars/trucks, thus the need for them. Once they are in the hub of the wheel and it's bolted down, they don't move or anything so they won't break. But if you run a non hub centric wheel without them, you will definitely be sorry. It can cause severe tire shake and can even jerk the steering wheel out of your hand when you are at highway speeds, ask me how I know, lol.
Definitely thanks for the heads up. If I don’t go with a hub centric wheel I’ll definitely look into hub rings.
Sponsored