Sponsored

Looking for advice

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The only advice I can give you is the same advice that Randy Pobst gave me.

If you are planning on using it as a DD or primarily on the street, save your money and get a regular 350. The 350R is too harsh for street use and you're wasting all of the aero bits. If you are going to use it primarily on the track, then get the 350R.

In your case, to account for the $15k ADM, and keep its value when you go to sell, make sure you keep the miles low, the paint protected, and the car bone stock.
Sponsored

ThundrPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
93 GT
15-20k right now sounds about right. I was offered one at 10k ADM back in October. 2017 MY is a go so there will be additional R allocations in the upcoming months but the most you'll save yourself is 5k. I don't believe any dealership will go below 10k ADM.

RenegadeUnlimited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Euros and Fords
Firstly, huge thanks to LindseyEOD for helping me find an allocation for GT350R. The dealer agreed to sell the car at 15k ADM. I don't know how much are people paying for the R but I was wondering if you guys could help me decide whether 15k over sticker for the R is a good deal?

Much Thanks.
I'll give you a couple of reasons this car is not a daily driver. And reasons to consider if the R is really for you.

1. The Spoiler
2. Wheels

If you daily drive this car and park at the grocery store or Costco or the mall parking garage and either item #1 or #2 gets stolen.

The replacement cost will be in the 10s of thousands of dollars.

No joke! Just something to think about.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The salesperson was asking for 20k but I negotiated it down to 15k so I don't think he will go any lower.

I have being dreaming to get this car for far too long so I pulled the trigger literally 5 mins ago and put down a deposit. Me being 22 years old don't have much patience haha.

I ordered avalanche grey with black roof, overhead stripes, electronics package and car cover.
At your age (and really at any age) I would only buy a car like this if I already was in a good position with my house and at least 15% going into a 401k. If you're putting every dime into the car and plan to live in your parent's basement, don't do it.

That's my best sensible advice. If you follow it, you will thank me later.

If you are already set for retirement, and it's what you want. BUY THE CAR!! :)

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
As what was mention before....if this is your DD I would not, if you have this as a 3rd car like many that have them do, then yes. I would never park this car while I was at the movies, or the mall...not with these wheels, and rear spoiler. Your insurance company might pay for them once..and that's it..you will be looking for another Ins. carrier if anything goes wrong. I think the R is for fun, tracking, going to lunch and seating where you can see at all times....and at 22 years old I would be thanking the God in the Heavens that you are able to get the GT350 ..IMHO

Sponsored

mjeagent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pursuing 2016 GT350
$15,000 over full MSRP will put you in the 80 grand range. You are in a C7 Z06 at that point with current discounting. Ford has done a fabulous job on the GT350. The 350r is awesome and a massively cool car but just not in the Z06 league. The Z runs the table on the 350. No brainer at that point.
Valid point but you have to remember he's buying exclusivity. The C7 Z06 is a mass market car - easily attainable at almost any Chevrolet dealership. I'd jump on a $20k ADM deal but that's just me. I feel that the ADM is completely justified for the R model - not so much the base unfortunately. To me, a good comparison is the Lexus LFA - not in price but in exclusivity. There were only 500 LFA's produced worldwide - I assume the GT350R will be a similar number or maybe even lower. The current market for an LFA is strong because of the exclusivity of the car.

Who knows what the market holds for the R. In a year or so you could find them for MSRP or well under OR you could still be looking at a $100k+ car. Buying an R for $80k I believe is a strong bet and if you need to you'd be able to easily get out of the car in the next couple of years by at the very least breaking even if not making money on it. Good luck with your decision.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
$15,000 over full MSRP will put you in the 80 grand range. You are in a C7 Z06 at that point with current discounting. Ford has done a fabulous job on the GT350. The 350r is awesome and a massively cool car but just not in the Z06 league. The Z runs the table on the 350. No brainer at that point.
Two different classes of cars, really depends what you are looking for, I could easily see my self paying a small ADM to get the R vs the vette. I actually cant ever see myself buying a Z06, magazine stats and shear power are not the holy grail for some buyers

BTW how many times have you been banned now?

Toodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Terminated Cobra
I feel I did right by the customer. Hopefully I'll be seeing you at delivery. Congrats man.

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'll give you a couple of reasons this car is not a daily driver. And reasons to consider if the R is really for you.

1. The Spoiler
2. Wheels

If you daily drive this car and park at the grocery store or Costco or the mall parking garage and either item #1 or #2 gets stolen.

The replacement cost will be in the 10s of thousands of dollars.

No joke! Just something to think about.
First of all, $15k over seems to be standard on Rs right now.

Second. After seeing the R in person the two things you've listed here are the reason to choose the R over a regular one. The red calipers can be swapped out, resonators can be removed (both mods that I am doing or have done) and the track pack pretty much fills the other gaps.

I totally understand why someone would go with the R.. I still love the idea of it and it stands out.

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
I feel the same as some on here in that 15K over is a solid. I got mine at a bit over that but I have yet to see it. If the time comes and you need to sell it and it doesn't have a ton of miles, etc, then sell it overseas. There will be more than 1 buyer in Dubai or UAE or even Europe that is willing to pay 90k+ for this car if it doesn't have a lot of track or road miles.

:cheers:
Sponsored