Sponsored

Long tube headers question

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello, I have my long tube headers sitting in the closet for almost over a year now. I decided I was ready to get the put on but now AM stopped selling offroad/catless midpipe that connects from LTH to my H pipe. They used to sell it when I bought the LTH but now I can't seem to find the pipes anywhere. Any suggestions where I can look for them or buy parts? I have the speed daddy headers and roush pipe.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
EPA has been cracking down - vendors got scared and quite a few stopped selling anything that was "off road" from exhaust to tunable gadgets.

It's been posted on here a bit over the last year of folks not being able to find ABC speed parts when it used to be available.

Your only other option is to take it to a good speed or muffler shop. Let them do the LT install so they can fabricate a midpipe and install it there - this way you know it would be a direct fit.

Aside from the above, check classifieds or eBay to see if you can find someone selling the matching mid-pipe.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Are you going to do the install or have a shop? Find a good custom exhaust shop and have them fab one up.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You can get some on eBay

89F5D5D8-D421-4FE5-B109-28FCEAA54772.png
OMG exactly what i was looking for. Thanks so much.

Nevermind, I checked the connection at the header and it won't fit with what i have. i need to get something like the one in picture and get it welded on. which means i wont be able to do it myself.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Also can you recommend the exact tools I'll need including extension bars and so on if I do it on my own and save 1000$

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The easiest way is to get something like this. You can use a 4x4 if you want but get the engine up as high as you can. Then remove the starter and both motor mounts. After that you have plenty of room to work and it’s easy. A set of wrenches is all you need

EBE798DB-563B-44C7-8592-356E41B745E5.png

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Also you are going to want to remove the battery, battery box, and shield
This right here is the biggest piece of advice no one mentioned before I did mine. Had I removed the battery box support it would've probably saved me hours on the passenger side install. Instead I got all the bolts from the bottom.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey y’all, Thanks for recommending the items. I have an appointment next Friday at the shop for the install 🥳

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I paid $500 to have someone install them on my 17 GT when I had it. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again. The install is a pain in the ass. It's not a matter of not being able to do it. Very limited room to work with and the passenger side header is loads of fun.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I've done the header install twice and it's a PITA.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
It’s easy. First you pull the engine out then you install the headers then drop it in all together. See easy. To be honest it’s not really a big deal but it is going to eat up your weekend if you’re doing it on the ground

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah I’ll be paying 900. I’m just glad it’ll be over with and i can enjoy the car just a little more 🔊

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah I’ll be paying 900. I’m just glad it’ll be over with and i can enjoy the car just a little more 🔊
If you’re mechanically inclined, you can do this. Spend a small portion of what you were going to spend in labor and buy a scissor jack and two pairs of 6 ton jack stands and make it happen. Here’s a thread I made from when I did my install. You should find some helpful information in it.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/bullitt-long-tube-header-installation.147899/
Sponsored