Results are only viewable after voting.

Shanksfornothin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teejay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lexus IS200T
I know the immediate “which car would you choose” comes down to auto vs manual and daily street power/ability ect. That’s been talked about plenty.
What I’m looking to discuss is this… you have 1 car for the rest of your life for daily. Throw out the auto vs. manual argument. At 100k plus miles 10 years from Now when the warranties gone and you’re embarrassing your kid at school pickup in your old loud gas engine which car are you still driving with the goofy grin on your face? Is there one you would be afraid of still owning at that point in life? (Assuming it was maintained properly by yourself obviously)
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
GT350 all the way. ✌

The beasty GT500 looks aggressive as hell but the GT350 wins my heart long term. The GT350 is more classic S550 styling, plus it still looks mean yet sophisticated at the same time.

I can't do that giant black GT500 mouth grille long term. Not for me.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
GT350 was great. Long term? Time bomb. GT500, unequivocally.

/thread

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I know the immediate “which car would you choose” comes down to auto vs manual and daily street power/ability ect. That’s been talked about plenty.
What I’m looking to discuss is this… you have 1 car for the rest of your life for daily. Throw out the auto vs. manual argument. At 100k plus miles 10 years from Now when the warranties gone and you’re embarrassing your kid at school pickup in your old loud gas engine which car are you still driving with the goofy grin on your face? Is there one you would be afraid of still owning at that point in life? (Assuming it was maintained properly by yourself obviously)

I dont think you can do this while throwing out the manual vs. automatic - its part of what makes each car

If you have ever driven both- they really are two different cars - they both have their own unique feel to them

The GT500 is hands down faster- but I think my car feels more raw + my opinion is I like the way my car sounds - and I love the manual transmission ....that being said - at some point I would love to add a GT500 to the garage- but I would never replace my current car with one

If I was always at the track- I would have gone GT500 first
For back roads on a Saturday morning- I thought my 350R met my needs more

If you look at Heritage Edition cars on Bring A Trailer- with similar miles they seem to go for similar money which in my mind is proof you cant say one is better then the other- one may just be better for your personal check list ....

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I'll just say it.....

No matter how it's phrased, this is ONLY going to be a collection of opinions, which is 100% subjective.

Those that have, those that have not, those that have both, those that have neither, but everyone has an opinion.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Every engine / car is a time bomb to one extent or another.
Lol, not even close in the context of GT500 vs GT350 and engine durability. The OP of this very thread even posted a thread on in the GT350 forum regarding engine concerns.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/questioning-gen-2-voodoo-reliability.195529/

Not only have GT350 engines been failing at what most here would consider unacceptable rates but it has already become difficult to source replacement engines.

GT350 was fun, I had one too. But we have witnessed way too many engine failures, and most of these are low mileage engines. One of the most relevant indicators, looking at the service records for FPRS' GT350's and the GT500's from their fleet. GT500 powertrain looks to be far more robust, especially when under duress.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The GT350 was/is the high water mark for S550 aesthetics, IMO, but given the choice for long term ownership it's GT500 all the way.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd rather have a GT500 but man I love a manual... tough choice for sure, I think the GT350 looks better tbh... If I ever got rid of my car it would only be for a GT500... but I love a manual, lol.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Lol, not even close in the context of GT500 vs GT350 and engine durability. The OP of this very thread even posted a thread on in the GT350 forum regarding engine concerns.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/questioning-gen-2-voodoo-reliability.195529/

Not only have GT350 engines been failing at what most here would consider unacceptable rates but it has already become difficult to source replacement engines.

GT350 was fun, I had one too. But we have witnessed way too many engine failures, and most of these are low mileage engines. One of the most relevant indicators, looking at the service records for FPRS' GT350's and the GT500's from their fleet. GT500 powertrain looks to be far more robust, especially when under duress.
Read post two of the thread you linked to.

Geodudes550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
S550 2018 Mustang GT Premium
Easily the GT500 since it has 150 more GT’s

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Why would I not prefer the higher trim mustang over the lower trim mustang?

Anyways, I like being able to take on low level supercars in my daily GT500. Sitting at around 31,000 miles and lightly modded.

A stock GT350 has to worry about 10 speed 5.0s, scat packs and SS camaros on the street ... even some lightly modded regular traffic can give a 350 a run for its money.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Why would I not prefer the higher trim mustang over the lower trim mustang?

Anyways, I like being able to take on low level supercars in my daily GT500. Sitting at around 31,000 miles and lightly modded.

A stock GT350 has to worry about 10 speed 5.0s, scat packs and SS camaros on the street ... even some lightly modded regular traffic can give a 350 a run for its money.

If you are talking about drag racing and GT350s.... you are missing the point of the GT350 : )

My daily driver was an A10 PP1 would have beat my current 350R in a drag race 8/10 times Im thinking- yet I paid double for my 350R ....

Besides- if all I cared about was taking on low level supercars- Id go get a Tesla Plaid and then I could take on the high level ones too

I dont think you can refer to either 350 or 500 as being a lower or higher trim - in fact a low miles 350R just sold for 148K + fees on bring a trailer this week- lots of people are buying 350s at the same price they could have bought a 500 for ....

Would love to see the opinions of people who currently own both chime in ...

By the way- my previous vehicle was a 1967 Shelby GT500 - so technically I could have bought whichever car I wanted when I sold it : )

Again- please dont get me wrong...i LOVE GT500s - and am planning to add one to my collection in the future- and it was an incredibly hard choice choosing one over the other at the time...
Sponsored