Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The s550 is a cheap car. built cheaply.
it's not fast.
it handles like a tea trolley on an ice rink.
it sounds raspy and does not have the typical yank v8 pushrod sound.
it suffers with lots of issues.
it's not that nice looking.
but it's a mustang. your 50k buys you into the mustang club even though a ford fiesta drives much better
I would say a relatively expensive car built inconsistently
Fast ? It is faster than some cars and slower than others depends what you are after so you can't really blame the car, it is what it is.
Handles like a tea trolley - really? It handles fine (on Magneride in my case) compared to many other cars I have driven. It is a GT rather than Lotus, but certainly not a tea trolley.
Exhaust sounds like a V8 to me
They are actually pretty reliable in general (build quality aside)
Looks are entirely in the eye of the beholder so again not really something you can blame the car for
How do you define the 'Fiesta drives much better' ? I have access to a Fiesta which is a good well built fine handling car but it is a FWD 1.0 5 door not a RWD 450PS GT. Apples and Oranges.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
The amount i paid in 2017 was great value for money compared to anything else on the market. Would i buy a 2018+ car now with all the gimmicks for thousands more, no
I think you made that pretty clear many times before - we get it. You don't like 'gimmicks' that some of us find useful and value. That is the way Ford build the car now and people buy it so there must be others out there like me and Vlad. That is the way it is - move on...

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Just a question and I am not taking sides :like:

Have you actually browsed the other forums and seen what issues people find on their brand new cars - from EB's right up to 500's ?

I love my mustang and knew what I was in for, but I'm not blinkered to the issues they have.

WD :like:
Of course there are issues, just like if you go on any manufacturer forum there will be issues. Do I think the Mustang is the best built quality ever, no of course not.
But when you get prats like Greg with their hyperbolic ramblings as though the cars are all falling to bits, and that it doesn't have enough tech (or some equivalent nonsense) it's a shame that these people bought a Mustang. He seems to like the Mondeo, that's probably more the car for him.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
yep..way too many problems to put some hard earnt cash into. was one of the happiest days of my life when i flogged mine.
ask DR GRABBER what he thinks aswell lol..many sold up and bought a proper car properly built with a proper pushrod small block v8. go listen to a cammed ls3..not that is how a yank car should sound.
100% of every single coyote motor sounds ricey and raspy to me.. very weak sounding motor.
the s550 is an ok car if you dont get to drive other cars..as i stated i get to drive 3. the s550 short comings become so aparant then.
I love my Mustang, not because I don't know better (I have a Lotus and Kuga as well and have had many other makes and types before) Glad you are happy you sold yours, but surprised you still spend time on a Mustang forum when you hate them so much ?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Of course there are issues, just like if you go on any manufacturer forum there will be issues. Do I think the Mustang is the best built quality ever, no of course not.
But when you get prats like Greg with their hyperbolic ramblings as though the cars are all falling to bits, and that it doesn't have enough tech (or some equivalent nonsense) it's a shame that these people bought a Mustang. He seems to like the Mondeo, that's probably more the car for him.
I'm a prat and a moron now - wow you really are spreading the love today !

Glad you finally agree it isn't the best built car - at least we can agree on one thing now.

I tarnish the Mustang brand by buying one, I suppose you enhance it ??

You seem to forget - I bought a Mustang because the 2019 version ticks enough of my boxes to be the car for me - heaven forbid Ford have made a Mustang that suits me more than you. Maybe it is you that doesn't fit the Mustang way any more?

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I would never have considered a Mustang before the 2018+ cars because of the shoddy build and primitive technology. They are now acceptable (ish), at least mine is OK, but some are dreadful even now. Don't make excuses for them, demand better and the very least build them as well as Valencia.
If the above is your thoughts on a car that apparently suits you, then you are indeed a prat. And to suggest building them in Valencia would improve build quality is somewhat laughable. Then to say the 2105 has "primitive" technology is an example of your hyberbolic ramblings.

I've go things to do, not wasting my time on this nonsense anymore!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
If the above is your thoughts on a car that apparently suits you, then you are indeed a prat. And to suggest building them in Valencia would improve build quality is somewhat laughable. Then to say the 2105 has "primitive" technology is an example of your hyberbolic ramblings.

I've go things to do, not wasting my time on this nonsense anymore!
I do like 'hyperbolic ramblings', perhaps one day you will explain to me what it means :giggle:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
When Deming when to Japan after the war (cause America to him to get lost) he taught them about Quality Control - how to look for it, how to build it into everything they did rather than inspect for it later on the production line. The Japanese listened and learned and they did it hence where they are now. Ford decades later decided to try and stem the flow of cash outwards and invited Deming to join them which he did and lo things got better.

yep..way too many problems to put some hard earnt cash into. was one of the happiest days of my life when i flogged mine.
ask DR GRABBER what he thinks aswell lol..many sold up and bought a proper car properly built with a proper pushrod small block v8. go listen to a cammed ls3..now that is how a yank car should sound. lush and have that deep rummble.
100% of every single coyote motor sounds ricey and raspy to me.. very weak sounding motor.
the s550 is an ok car if you dont get to drive other cars..as i stated i get to drive 3. the s550 short comings become so aparant then.
at the end of the day it's just a car. it's not at all important in life. ofc if you have no life and your car is EVERYTHING then sell it. but if you have a fine balance in life and enjoy a sorted lifestyle and 50k is just a bit of pocket change to you then go and buy one
Kid Jenson talking about proper American V8's being pushrod engines, thats the same chat from the troll we had on here earlier and his 'proper' Yank barge that he bought after his Mustang kept falling apart.

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Kid Jenson without doubt a member who was banned a while ago. Super Troll. Sad really.

At least Marks has some good points (minus some of the personal digs) and I agree with many but disagree with more but hey ho its a forum after all.

Once again matey, I love my GT, one of my favourite (once again I add not the best or most complete IMO) cars and I have owned a fair few decent motors in my time.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I do like 'hyperbolic ramblings', perhaps one day you will explain to me what it means :giggle:
Please don't encourage him to post again. Starting to sound like he caught you in bed with his missus or something.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
No one caught anyone, but he did recognise the mustang exhaust note driving off ... :cwl:

WD :like:

OP
OP
Bullitt66

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Here we go again....

if you sold the car and that made you soooo happy, what on earth are you doing wasting your life moaning about it on a forum full of people who are passionate about Stangs and are living their dream.

Sure it’s not everyone’s dream, but if it ain’t for you, move on!