Abb0nz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hey Team,

I'm looking at a new Mustang towards the end of the year and am in the process of deciding between a EB that has a few of the "bells and whistles" or a base GT. Looking around the Livernois (how do you pronounce that?) seems to be one of the better tuners with some good feedback.
I saw that with a "std" tune you can get just under 320hp to the wheels. That's pretty impressive, do you have much in the way of reliability feedback i.e. any chance that the 4 cylinder is being over stressed to the point that it's life is being seriously shortened? A loaded question, I know, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Hey Team,

I'm looking at a new Mustang towards the end of the year and am in the process of deciding between a EB that has a few of the "bells and whistles" or a base GT. Looking around the Livernois (how do you pronounce that?) seems to be one of the better tuners with some good feedback.
I saw that with a "std" tune you can get just under 320hp to the wheels. That's pretty impressive, do you have much in the way of reliability feedback i.e. any chance that the 4 cylinder is being over stressed to the point that it's life is being seriously shortened? A loaded question, I know, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
hey man, welcome to the 6g. as far as EB reliability, there are a ton of threads on tuning this bad boy. they are right in this forum too. look through the first page and maybe even the second or third and you'll stumble onto a ton of info that will help you make your decision between the GT or the ECO..

honestly for mustang the eco is something new. the GT has always been badass. This is a way to be "pretty sweet" without the extra money shelled out for a GT

2015-MUSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Hey Team,

I like many concidered the same thing ur are now. I think it comes down to this. Many feel the gt sound and image is worth it. Some down sides too though, more cost in price, insurance, gas. I was still very tempted. The ecoboost can be made faster than the gt for less than the cost between the two vehicles if that's most important. I think the ecoboost is the better drivers car as far as handling. Most importantly for me is the premium interior. I pretty much chose the handling and premium interior over the base gt. I added a tune and it really made the car a much better performer. The livernois tune is great. You can even feel the engine operate smoother so it doesn't feel to be stressing the car. The tunes offered as street tunes are conservative compared to the race tunes. I wouldn't worry too much about any of the street tunes but make sure you are ok with the possibility of running into a warranty issue. I have never had a serious repair needed with a new car under warranty so it's a risk I am happy taking considering the performance gains. Also look into an Intercooler, I plan on getting one soon to be able to take full advantage of the tune.

OP
OP

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Livernois seems to be a good tune. They tune multiple ecoboost platforms and I don't ever remember reading about a failure related to their tune.i believe they still have the fastest stock turbo car and it was done months and months ago on one of their first few times out.
I have a Cobb tuner but iam impressed with what livernois has done.

Sponsored

TJP719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium AT
The old Ecoboost vs GT debate, never gets old!

It's all personal preference. If exhaust sound is of utmost importance, go with the GT. Performance wise you can't go wrong with either. If you love the V8 and feel like you convinced yourself you'll get over it and love the turbo 4, stick with the 8. More than a few members here thought the Ecoboost would curb the V8 thirst but in the end it didn't.

For me I wanted the premium trim so I went with the Ecoboost as the GT premium was a little too pricey. Plus I always wanted a turbocharged engine.

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
The old Ecoboost vs GT debate, never gets old!

It's all personal preference. If exhaust sound is of utmost importance, go with the GT. Performance wise you can't go wrong with either. If you love the V8 and feel like you convinced yourself you'll get over it and love the turbo 4, stick with the 8. More than a few members here thought the Ecoboost would curb the V8 thirst but in the end it didn't.

For me I wanted the premium trim so I went with the Ecoboost as the GT premium was a little too pricey. Plus I always wanted a turbocharged engine.
I got the Eco thinking it would suffice and traded in my 12' 5.0. It didnt. Even tune and a few bolt ons didnt help. Traded it in on a base PP with recaros and couldnt be happier. Way better vehicle for me.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
It's pronounced, Liver noise. Just drop the "e".;)
"The parent company was on Livernois in Detroit 65 years ago.
Everyone here pronounces it Liver-noy.

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports"

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
"The parent company was on Livernois in Detroit 65 years ago.
Everyone here pronounces it Liver-noy.

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports"
I always read it as liver-nua :)

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Hey Team,

There are actually tons of guys that have posted their personal reliability results. We do extensive R&D with the OE's so we know where that "green zone" is and what tables not to push just to make a few extra cheap ponies. Most all of our employees have our tunes on their personal cars, myself included on both cars of my cars. Our shop vehicles run our tunes, and they get beat on for usually around 80-100k miles

It is pronounced Liver-noy. The s is silent, because its french.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Livernois seems to be a good tune. They tune multiple ecoboost platforms and I don't ever remember reading about a failure related to their tune.i believe they still have the fastest stock turbo car and it was done months and months ago on one of their first few times out.
I have a Cobb tuner but iam impressed with what livernois has done.
Thanks for the positive review!

NickGoBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Oxford White 5.0
| personally sold my Livernois Tuner after a few months because I wasn't happy it and the lack of customer service I felt I was receiving. I used the money that I got to get the Cobb AP from MAP and have loved it ever since. Such a better tool in the AP having the ability to monitor so many things on the car, the ability to do data logging. Plus the customer service I have received from Adam and MAP so far has been amazing.

The biggest turn off I had with Livernois is that I had left a review on their site for the tuner and it wasn't the most pleasant one and they still haven't posted it. Last excuse was that there web guy was away of training in the National Guard, that was months ago. So the dishonesty really disgusted me and turned me away from truly even giving them anymore of a shot than I already had.
Sponsored