Sponsored

Livernois tune review

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Anybody have this tune? Care to share your thoughts. I see reviews for Cobb
And Unleashed .Nothing for Livernois. With as many tuners as they sell I'd think somebody has to be out there.
Sponsored

2015-MUSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I'm seriously considering livernois myself. I'd like to here from someone on this one too. Livernois seems to have the best combination of hp and torque increases and plenty experience with the ecoboost.

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I'm seriously considering livernois myself. I'd like to here from someone on this one too. Livernois seems to have the best combination of hp and torque increases and plenty experience with the ecoboost.

Same here...

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I ordered the tune, however, it has not been released yet. They're still finalizing encryption for the tune itself so no one else sees what they do and how they do it.

When the tune itself is released I will post impressions.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I ordered the tune, however, it has not been released yet. They're still finalizing encryption for the tune itself so no one else sees what they do and how they do it.

When the tune itself is released I will post impressions.
I am sure it could be datalogged.....

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I'm sure it could be datalogged, but they probably won't be able to pull any of the ECU coding unless it's that controller.

i.e, if you loaded up the SCT tuner and it goes to collect the "stock" data, it'd report an error.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I have used the SCT data logging software to data log multiple tuners' tunes on my 2012 GT, including the FRPP tune. once a tune is loaded into the PCM, I'm pretty sure it is accessible.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I always avoid the tuners that hide what they did to my car.
They've told me what they touch, which is enough for me. I wanted a company that will tune a car to my liking, which livernois offers for free.

I have used the SCT data logging software to data log multiple tuners' tunes on my 2012 GT, including the FRPP tune. once a tune is loaded into the PCM, I'm pretty sure it is accessible.
Yeah, you can easily "log" it I'm sure. But you can't pull any of the actual tuning software off of the vehicle.

Again, I don't know. This is what I'm assuming, and why they need to encrypt it.

OP
OP

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Cosmo that's awesome! They are a kick ass tuner and have great results.I am looking forward to your review:) Now on another note,Not released yet ? After all the videos and broken records and its not even available!? come on man that's just not cool, I would like to see a new run with the "released" tune. Seriously this boggles the mind how they went about this.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yea it seems like if they had the finalized tune like over 3 weeks ago it wouldn't take this long just to encrypt

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
All I am saying is that with a log you can see what is going on...not steal tuner software, see the engine and tune parameters.

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
I always avoid the tuners that hide what they did to my car.
It's easy to see at the track or Dyno.

Livernois developed their own tuning software as they felt the sct that 90% of tuners use was too limited. So they should just give away what they worked so hard for?

Can you see exactly what sct tuners do to your car? Unless your standing at the Dyno, looking at the computer while your car is on it, you don't know, and would you know what your looking at? Honest question. I started with a basic start up tune from meaney on my turbo mustang with big stuff 3, I had no clue what he was I was looking at. As I'm guessing 90% of people on this board would not either.

Here a fuel table. Tell me what you see and what you would do. I know what I'm looking at. Took a long time to get a handle on it, and this is one of MANY tables to look at. Where would you like to set the injector pulse width? How would you like coolant temp to affect it? Would you like to turn correction on? Or just go closed loop?

I'm guessing, cause I looked at a screen of my car on the Dyno, not many people, tuners included, would know what to do with the info Livernois is looking at with their software. Do sct software tuners know what other sct tuners are looking at? You bet cha. 90% use sct. It's the standard system. Livernois felt they were too limited by it, so they developed their own.

I have no clue what a sct tuner sees, I have no idea what Livernois was looking at. I know what bs3 looks like and I know what to do with it, I don't want to learn sct or Livernois, you put the trust in the tuner you select.

You want to know what a tuner did to your car? I suggest you learn to tune it yourself. Show everyone what you can do, buy sct software, develop your own tune, or invest 100k in your own tuning software, master it......... then give it away for free.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I tune my turbo Fairmont myself. It is an 8 second car. I can handle a VE table and a timing table just fine, thanks. I don't think anyone on here is looking to "steal" their tune.

Mike

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Well I think something got lost in translation. But the tunes are released, we have people running them (they just aren't particularly vocal on message boards from the looks of things). The items that we are talking about as far as encryption and decryption are the factory base tunes. We go through and develop tunes for all strategy codes, as there are differences in these strategies. Many ecoboost tuners on the market force the same 1-2 strategy codes into every vehicle to simply the tuning on their side of the equation, but that is not what we do, or they set up the tuner to only change the same x number of parameters for every strategy code, which is also dangerous because Ford might have updated another parameter that impacts the parameters being changed.

We actually have to decrypt the factory Ford files and map them all out. My guess is whoever mentioned "encryption" misunderstood what we meant by it. We meant that certain strategy codes are still being decrypted so that we can support them all the right way, not the easy way.

There are over 16,000 parameters in these ECM's, and even if someone did "copy" our tune, all they would have is a pre-done tune with absolutely zero knowledge of how the ECM functions. We even change some of the logic on how the ECM functions, so by chance if you did know how it functioned from Ford, and tried to use our tune as a jump off point, you would quickly learn (the hard way) that it wouldn't work.

So, in the end, we have no reason to try to encrypt our tunes as they would do you no good.

Also, trying to learn how to tune via logging would never work. With over 16,000 parameters to change, you would never be able to understand how the individual parameters change due to the logging. It's not like logging gives you a roadmap on what to change.
Sponsored