Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
2020 GT 350 not engaging line lock in launch control as a local Ford store manager just called me and asked what could be the problem is it because it only has 100 miles on it?
Sponsored

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
How dumb do you have to be to be doing burnouts with a brand new engine that is not broken in yet? Just my opinion, I am allowed to have one even it doesn't agree with anyone elses.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
It might be locked out until a certain number of miles. Go out and enjoy your car first and get used to it before doing anything like burnouts and such...

OP
OP
Johnnydarkgt350

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
It might be locked out until a certain number of miles. Go out and enjoy your car first and get used to it before doing anything like burnouts and such...
Thanks guys ; I passed on your info/ opinions and he said that they figured it out . With 7400 miles on mine, I’ve never tried or needed/ wanted to try it . I didn’t buy it for that feature as track suspensions are not good at drag racing and drag racing suspensions aren’t good for track .

Sponsored

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Now we know why some of these new engines are blowing after a couple of hundred miles shortly after people buy them from clueless dealers.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Now we know why some of these new engines are blowing after a couple of hundred miles shortly after people buy them from clueless dealers.
I wish that were the case.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish that were the case.
And how do we know that it doesn't explain some of it? I was being facetious with my comment but this could easily be the explanation for some failures. There are a lot of clueless Ford dealerships out there who could easily be abusing these cars on their lots with only a couple of miles on them. Query the OPs question, it would be interesting to know if the dealership manager was asking on behalf of the dealership or a customer who had recently purchased? And in either case why was anyone experimenting with line lock on a vehicle with only a 100 miles on the odo?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Ha. An engine breaking because it does a burn out while still new? Can you imagine building an engine so fragile in 21st century? Ford would literally go broke.

Y'all gotta catch up to modern engineering. These aren't the days of classic muscle cars.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha. An engine breaking because it does a burn out while still new? Can you imagine building an engine so fragile in 21st century? Ford would literally go broke.

Y'all gotta catch up to modern engineering. These aren't the days of classic muscle cars.
Well aware of modern emgineering.

And if it were you doing the burnout on a new engine I wouldn't be worried as you know what you are doing. Some know nothing twit at the dealership "trying" to do a burnout on a brand new engine, I'd be worried.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Well aware of modern emgineering.

And if it were you doing the burnout on a new engine I wouldn't be worried as you know what you are doing. Some know nothing twit at the dealership "trying" to do a burnout on a brand new engine, I'd be worried.
Not seeing any details on who is trying to do the burn out and why. Just that a car with 100 miles on the clock isn't able to do it. Could be an experienced owner. Who knows. Either way, line lock burn outs are fairly idiot proof on the GT350

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Hang on for that pending, "My engine exploded after just 126 miles" thread.

I predict it will go something like this. "Hi guys, I just started by car and was driving slowly down the street when it started to knock badly and the check engine light just came on. I was only going 19 mph while the engine screamed at 8200 RPM with the oil temp just under 100 degrees and it suddenly went into limp mode. Dealer says it broke, will warranty cover it?"

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

However, if they didn’t check the oil before said burnout....

Last edited:

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
However, it they didn’t check the oil before said burnout....
Valid, but then that would be Ford's fault since they didn't fill it completely or it was burning excessively.

This point doesn't mean I wouldn't check it, but you shouldn't have to.
Sponsored