Line Lock Burnout

Blackjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Perhaps this has been covered before, but I could not find much info. When I set line lock on my car, I wait until the countdown is down to 3-5 seconds before getting into the throttle and making smoke. But, when the line lock timer gets to zero, the peddle goes dead, like completely dead, no power and I can barely pull away. In my head, I'm thinking when I hit zero on the line lock timer I should be in a slight sideways position pulling away from my glorious cloud of smoke like a Phoenix rising from the ashes. Instead, I sit in a hazy cloud at idle looking like a clown choking on his first cigarette. If I want to pull away looking like a stunt double from Fast 9, do I have to release the line lock before hitting zero? Admittedly, I haven't tried that yet, but please educate me on how to release the line lock while the tires are still doing their best Cheech and Chong impression, rather than losing all power and sitting in my own rubbery stench.
Sponsored

frank_white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible, Velocity Blue
OP
OP

Blackjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I know how to engage it, when it times out, I do not gracefully pull away like the video shows. I get a dead peddle and have to wait about 10 seconds before the throttle "reactivates". It's just dead, car only idles, does not respond to any peddle input.

frank_white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible, Velocity Blue
I know how to engage it, when it times out, I do not gracefully pull away like the video shows. I get a dead peddle and have to wait about 10 seconds before the throttle "reactivates". It's just dead, car only idles, does not respond to any peddle input.
Got ya. I misunderstood. While I haven’t tried it, after watching the video I would think you would just pull away. Hopefully someone else has some better answers

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Sounds like you have a tune or PCM problem.

Sponsored

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
I have line lock, and chuckled when I realized I had it, not knowing. I just step on the gas, while on the brakes. Tires roll smoke with almost zero effort. I’m not exactly sure what line lock accomplishes? (seemed kind of complicated for what it was)

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
Timer hits zero. Front calipers release the squeeze and you march forward. No changes in throttle response.

If anything other than that happens you need to take it in for service. Hope this helps.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
To gracefully pull away, tap the OK button before the timer times out.
we have a winner!!!! Floor it when the timer starts then press okay when you want to “peel out”

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
No need to wait until the countdown is at 3-4 seconds and certainly no need for it to time out. As others have said, hit the OK button and off you go. Line lock is awesome. It saves wear and heat on the rear brakes compared to the old-fashioned way.

Last edited:

Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
I have line lock, and chuckled when I realized I had it, not knowing. I just step on the gas, while on the brakes. Tires roll smoke with almost zero effort. I’m not exactly sure what line lock accomplishes? (seemed kind of complicated for what it was)
It keeps you from roasting your rear brakes during a burnout. Just locks the front brakes.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
But tires aren't cheap...

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
But tires aren't cheap...
Tell me about it.. My rears get about 6,000 miles out of them. Good thing that's only once in a year and a half!