Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Blinders? I'm acknowledging both sides - you're cherry picking little one-liners (evidence above) to try to prove your point.

The fact that you have a number in your head is the problem. There were no numbers given. You are stating that you expected it to not last as long as the track but longer than 20 minutes - where did you get this very specific expectation? You wished it to yourself. Again, some people (you) have a problem if others don't agree with you 100%. I'm past the arguing - it doesn't matter. The resolution matters and I hope you guys get satisfaction.

What exactly is my point?

Cherry picking? That was just a small example of comments to illustrate the responses against our problem. A direct response to the statement made in that post above.

The number comes from a typical track session. A number I got from others on this site. I could drop the number if it makes you feel better, but I still believe a track inspired car should be able to handle typical track sessions.

I really don't care what your opinion is. The only opinion I care about in this case is Ford's and what are they going to do about this situation.

Arguing? I thought this was a conversation, thanks for enlightening me.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
This thread is discussing trans oil, not engine oil. In my example I'm talking about Ford voiding your engine warranty for installing a trans cooler. The burden is on the manufacturer to prove that your part caused the problem, I believe it is the law.
That gets misunderstood often. The law is that if you use a different brand of air filter to replace your OEM filter, they must prove that aftermarket air filter caused the failure.

If you add a trans cooler, that's something that wasn't on your particular vehicle when it left the dealer lot. Therefor, it isn't covered.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This thread is discussing trans oil, not engine oil. In my example I'm talking about Ford voiding your engine warranty for installing a trans cooler. The burden is on the manufacturer to prove that your part caused the problem, I believe it is the law.

I brought up the oil cooler as a personal experience in a similar situation. Didn't mean to distract from the transmission. But even though on paper the law protects us. It's still up to us to challenge the manufacturers statement that the modded part caused the problem.

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package Build January, ETA March (US Port), Germany Apr, under MSRP

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That gets misunderstood often. The law is that if you use a different brand of air filter to replace your OEM filter, they must prove that aftermarket air filter caused the failure.

If you add a trans cooler, that's something that wasn't on your particular vehicle when it left the dealer lot. Therefor, it isn't covered.
And the law is meant to somewhat protect the consumer from the dealer claiming that a mod (in this example, a trans cooler) caused a failure in an otherwise unrelated system.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
hoping Ford:
- develop an external pump wired to battery with track/r tranny cooler for base/tech
- recommend a thicker better tranny oil for ALL models base/tech/track/r

all these limp mode issue regarding tranny will all go away. even a better tranny fluid will hope a lot.

those motorcraft stuff are pretty sh&t based on the reviews of 5w-50 engine oil
Really? How far are you going to stretch reality to make your point? What do reviews of engine oil have to do with transmission fluid? Using your logic, I feel compelled to tell you I heard through the grapevine that olive oil is not an acceptable substitute for OEM-spec transmission fluid for track use. :crazy:

Sponsored

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
clearly you didn't pay too much attention during high school chemistry class, and obviously have no idea what "specific heat' or 'heat capacity' means.

in a nut shell it means how much energy (heat) does it take to raise the temp by 1 degree.

Really? How far are you going to stretch reality to make your point? What do reviews of engine oil have to do with transmission fluid? Using your logic, I feel compelled to tell you I heard through the grapevine that olive oil is not an acceptable substitute for OEM-spec transmission fluid for track use. :crazy:

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
After almost 500 posts on this subject it is most comical to see many of the same posters ranting and raving about heat soak issues with their Tech Pack cars with the majority of their GT350's having never even seen a track so far and probably never will.

:headbonk::headbonk:
Yes, many of us have not seen there cars on track yet but to say many tech cars will never see track time is BULL. Most of us plan to track our cars to some degree. Why would anyone buy "the most track worthy mustang ever built" and not track it. HPDE events are now one of the most popular things going on for motorsport enthusiasts. I've waited 50 years for this car and I have better not be disappointed when I track it. Myself like Jay Leno who says as a kid he used to go to dealer lots and look into the window of a 65 GT350 and wish. I could not afford one then but I can now. If my 350 goes limp on track and Ford does nothing about it I will first write letters to the editors of every car magazine in country. If Ford still does not address the issue I will go further. It's wait and see what happens. I've waited 50 years so I can wait a little longer.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
clearly you didn't pay too much attention during high school chemistry class, and obviously have no idea what "specific heat' or 'heat capacity' means.

in a nut shell it means how much energy (heat) does it take to raise the temp by 1 degree.
And you must have failed reading comprehension. :p

My only point, and all I referred to, was your applying the results of a past 5W-50 engine oil test to the transmission fluid being used in the GT 350s today - and making the connection of that engine oil test to an as yet undiagnosed limping mode problem on a small (but growing) number of Tech and Track GT 350s. One has nothing to do with the other.

And yes, as a licensed racer who often maintained his own cars, I do understand a lot of the big words being used here.

Enough venting, and this isn't aimed at you, but at some users of this forum in general: I'm just tired of people not dealing in facts, not giving the manufacturer a chance to diagnose and fix the problems, and using personal attacks to make their sometimes ridiculous points. :cheers:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Looks like a personal attack to me.

KCRay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
I've been gone a few days and apologize if this has been asked already......but......does anyone know if the Track Pack cars are having any "heat issues" on the track?

Sponsored

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
A couple of questions, in case I missed the answers already.
How many cars have reported this issue?
When was the first report ( date)?
How many have actually talked to Ford about this?

Based on what I have read, this is relatively new.
From that point, till now, Ford is already working on a solution.
Exactly what do you want, more than what is being done?
How much time should Ford get to resolve this?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've been gone a few days and apologize if this has been asked already......but......does anyone know if the Track Pack cars are having any "heat issues" on the track?
A similar thread on here has this, along with some positive comments when you read the whole posting:

"One of my friends in Ohio with a track pack went to Atlanta on some track club event and his track also went into limp mode. He said there were 3 gt350s and all eventually went into limp mode."

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45022&page=7

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
A similar thread on here has this, along with some positive comments when you read the whole posting:

"One of my friends in Ohio with a track pack went to Atlanta on some track club event and his track also went into limp mode. He said there were 3 gt350s and all eventually went into limp mode."

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45022&page=7

I was about to post the same thing

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I was about to post the same thing

It's the schnitzel and bier connection...

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
A couple of questions, in case I missed the answers already.
How many cars have reported this issue?
When was the first report ( date)?
How many have actually talked to Ford about this?

Based on what I have read, this is relatively new.
From that point, till now, Ford is already working on a solution.
Exactly what do you want, more than what is being done?
How much time should Ford get to resolve this?

Exactly what do you want, more than what is being done? I want ford to acknowledge the problem. I don't want to be charged FULL RETAIL MARKUP for the parts and labor to fix the problem. The parts can't void the warranty and must have their own warranty that extends to the end of my original warranty. (I don't want to pay to add a cooler then when the cooler leaks damaging the system it was cooling Ford comes back with covering the cooler but not the system it was cooling).

How much time should Ford get to resolve this? The acknowledgement needs to be made pretty quickly with a timetable for the solution. Less than a year. We've already been waiting for these cars a long time.

Sponsored