Limited v6 sales

Tenrten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2012 boss 302
After reviewing the 215 order sheet, it's clear they don't want to sell many v6 cars! The options list is very limited , They don't offer nav , no backup camera, no leather ..... !, quite honestly I have a boss 302 in the garage and I don't want a 4 cyl mustang!

I do believe in the future, once they realize their v6 sales are slagging they will offer a performance package with some goodies...... I'll wait ⌚

FYI I lease BMW 328 four-cylinder turbo ....motor sounds like a lawn mower at idle, and mileage is terrible .... I don't think that a four banger should be in an American performance Car.

What say u?
Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Don't hold your breath. I don't see them keeping the V-6 around much longer and They're encouraging people to opt for the Eco-Boost because it boosts their CAFE Standards. The Eco-Boost is going to be a Far Superior Car to the V-6 Anyway.

Boss Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C43C
If it can out perform the v6 and your ok with a v6 being called an American performance car, then why not?

I say pump some faux engine noise into the cabin of that 4 banger and enjoy. IMO even v6's sound like crap compared to a v8.

Sponsored

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
I say the ecoboost is a superior engine in power and torque and torque curve and even if they offered the same options list the ecoboost would still crush the v6 in sales.... remember the vast majority of non GTs go to regular folks not enthusiasts.

MikeAZ

DIB Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
... remember the vast majority of non GTs go to regular folks not enthusiasts.
A good portion of the V6 sales are fleet sales.

If you limit the low end Mustang to Fusion type options, then how do you sell Mustangs over Fusions to Fleet buyers?

Steve-OO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
truck
After reviewing the 215 order sheet, it's clear they don't want to sell many v6 cars!
Only to fleets. The V6 is a rental car, nothing more.

I have a boss 302 in the garage and I don't want a 4 cyl mustang!
Don't buy one.

I do believe in the future, once they realize their v6 sales are slagging they will offer a performance package with some goodies...... I'll wait ⌚
Don't hold your breath. Never gonna happen.

I don't think that a four banger should be in an American performance Car.
So was my '67 with the no-horsepower 200 six-cylinder a performance car? Fact is, the EB offers more performance than any base engine and more than many of the V8s throughout Mustang's history.

What say u?
You're late to the party.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Screw the V-6, I want Ford to develop a killer inline 6.
Out of curiosity, what would the point be? No flame intended, I'm just wondering why.

Ford isn't likely to develop any new mid-sized engine that it can't use in multiple (read: RWD & FWD) platforms. The only places they could use an I6 would be Mustang and truck, and those are using shared platform engines... I suppose that if they ever got off their ass and built a RWD Lincoln, it might be kind of neat to use there, but I don't see the cost/benefit equation making sense in lieu of the existing excellent V6 options... :shrug:

Sponsored

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
There were people from Ford who were saying the original plan was to not even offer the V6 model for this generation, so I suspect they won't really care if sales sag; actually that's what they probably want to happen. Then they can dump it and keep the Ecoboost, and once the Ecoboost has shown it can be reliable, they can convince rental companies to buy those instead.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
After reviewing the 215 order sheet, it's clear they don't want to sell many v6 cars! The options list is very limited , They don't offer nav , no backup camera, no leather ..... !, quite honestly I have a boss 302 in the garage and I don't want a 4 cyl mustang!
I say "give it a look". By the way, the backup camera is standard across all the models.

Anything's possible, however, you likely would be able to get aftermarket parts that are already out there for the 3.7 because of the '11-'14 models.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I'd be surprised if the only reason the V6 exists is because the rental companies cried and Ford reluctantly caved. I bet Ford also said, "you can have the V6 for now, but when the Ecoboost is proven in the field, we're dropping the V6". It probably also came with a guarantee of a certain purchase quantity of V6s to make it worth Ford's time.

So, if you don't want a 4-cyl, buy a GT. Problem solved. :) I suppose some day, the V6 Eco-Boost may make an appearance though. That would be a huge hit I'd think. So, maybe hold out a few more years. It could happen.

aeropaul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I suppose some day, the V6 Eco-Boost may make an appearance though. That would be a huge hit I'd think. So, maybe hold out a few more years. It could happen.
Personally, I think that'd be awesome! Twin Turbo V6 in a Mustang with a 6 speed, hell yeah! Maybe the 2.7 TTV6 will make it's way into the mustang at a later date (probably more likely). I was only slightly disappointed that the 3.5 ecoboost did not, however I think it would be too close of a competitor to the 5.0.

Besides, the 2.3EB makes more power than most of the 4.6 V8s. If that shouldn't go in an American performance car, I don't know what should.

OP
OP

Tenrten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2012 boss 302
You may b correct , they probably do want to get rid of the six.... Never thought of that ....I can't believe they are going to make a solid four banger ..., I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Sponsored