Sponsored

Configuring MyMode is really limited?

ing3nious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mom mobile
Ive had my 2019 PP2 for a few months and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to truly customize the MyMode. A few questions below:

1) Are you unable to set steering modes to normal / comfort while in a Sport engine setting?

2) Ideally I would love to have a mode with Track engine, track suspension, normal steering and most importantly TC/ESC on.
Is this possible?

3)When putting the car in Track mode the ESC/TC is disabled automatically. If you toggle the button it will say it’s reenabled but the light doesn’t go out. I don’t actually believe it’s back on unless that light goes off. What is actually happening here?
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
1) Are you unable to set steering modes to normal / comfort while in a Sport engine setting?
Yes. In Sport+ and Track the only steering mode available is Sport.

2) Ideally I would love to have a mode with Track engine, track suspension, normal steering and most importantly TC/ESC on.
Track engine mode will inevitably trigger the Track suspension mode and Sport steering mode. TC/ESC will be on, but a bit more relaxed.
Track engine mode without Sport steering - not possible.
Track engine mode with full TC/ESC - not possible.
Track engine mode without Track suspension - not possible (nor the other way around).

3) When putting the car in Track mode the ESC/TC is disabled automatically. If you toggle the button it will say it’s reenabled but the light doesn’t go out. I don’t actually believe it’s back on unless that light goes off. What is actually happening here?
As mentioned, the TC is turned down a bit in Track mode. That's why the light is always on in Track, whether the TC is on or off. It warns you that the TC isn't working at its full capacity.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I too was surprised at the limitations ... you read & see reviews about setting up your preferences as MyMode but no one I guess goes into it deep enough to find what we do after we buy the car.

My limitation was mainly on throttle response so I solved that with a SprintBooster V3.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
From my understanding, outside of Normal, the only thing you can change for MyMode is the exhaust.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I used MyMode to bring on quiet mode on the exhaust. Drive by a cop and get flagged? No problem flip her to MyMode and play dumb

Also good for long highway drives were you don't want any rumble but I guess rain/snow mode can do that as well.

OP
OP
ing3nious

ing3nious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mom mobile
As mentioned, the TC is turned down a bit in Track mode. That's why the light is always on in Track, whether the TC is on or off. It warns you that the TC isn't working at its full capacity.
I have to be honest with the car in Sport and TC on, its already pretty relaxed. In cold temps, it’s pretty easy to light the rears up and it lets them go before interfering. This is unlike many other German cars were their TC will step in quickly to limit wheel spin at the first sign of slip. I can’t imagine the TC being more relaxed in Track mode TBH.
Sponsored