Lets see those subs/amps

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
JL Stealthbox in the trunk. 600 watt JL sub amp under the drivers seat. Sub volume control knob inside the center console. Total stealth! (No photo of the amp possible).
It doesn't get much cleaner than that.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP

Rockford prime amps and 12" P3 sub.
It's kinda hard to tell where this is sitting. I mean I see where it is just relative to the trunk space that's left

JL Stealthbox in the trunk. 600 watt JL sub amp under the drivers seat. Sub volume control knob inside the center console. Total stealth! (No photo of the amp possible).
This is amazing.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
The amps are built into the spare tire well.

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP

Knuckle66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang, 00 Mercury Cougar, 98 F250
So how are you all tying these subs into the current stereo? With the sub upgrades did anyone start out the the 401a package?

Sponsored

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So how are you all tying these subs into the current stereo? With the sub upgrades did anyone start out the the 401a package?
Interested in that as well because I have the 401a, i think i saw someone replace the factory sub with an aftermarket in the same spot somehow. N/e way...interested in info

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Interested in that as well because I have the 401a, i think i saw someone replace the factory sub with an aftermarket in the same spot somehow. N/e way...interested in info
im rocking 200a so i couldnt tell ya. also interested in seeing how people are tying these into factory infotainment

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I tapped into the speaker wires in the rear deck with a LOC. I don't have any pics, and I'm currently offshore, but it's a JL 10" that I had in my truck, still in the truck box (single cab truck box that fits behind the seat). It's the perfect size, it wedges in just under the rear deck tight enough to keep it from moving around, and it leaves the passenger side open to pass larger items through. I put my 7' fishing rod in that way. The amp and crossover are next to it, but anything I was going to pass though would easily just lay over them without much cause for concern. Sounds 100% better than the non sub having shaker system by itself. No noticeable issues with sound quality from it (some people talk about the bass rolling off as the volume increases, but I haven't experienced that). And, most of my trunk is still available. Right now I have my golf bag, 4 pairs of golf shoes, and two full sets of loose golf clubs back there with it, and still have room to throw random stuff like my laptop and carry-on suitcase in there when I need to go somewhere.

mike86xj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I wanted the jl stealth box but went the cheap route and made my own with fiberglass and a removable front panel.

Mine is tapped into the rear speakers and rolls off horribly at high volume have to get a loc with bass restoration I guess.
20160602_175530.jpg

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
I wanted the jl stealth box but went the cheap route and made my own with fiberglass and a removable front panel.

Mine is tapped into the rear speakers and rolls off horribly at high volume have to get a loc with bass restoration I guess.
Lc2i

Sponsored

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
i'd be scared of something sliding in the trunk and hitting that

nate154

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP

How much you want for a box with shipping? :D

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow