Sponsored

Lets see those subs/amps

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Where are y'all putting your subs at? I dont really want to waste the trunk space if i dont have to but i dont know if there are any options. let me know
Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
If it ever comes in, I'll put up pics of the setup I'm working on, it's a Pioneer shallow mount sub in their own enclosure. According to my math, it'll fit just perfect into the spare tire well in the trunk without impeding on trunk space.

I should be installing it in a couple weeks. May even post a video up for a how-to :)

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
the trunk is pretty big....1 12" sub and amp wouldnt take up a hug amount of space. Thats all i had in my 09 GT which i believe had a smaller trunk and it slammed (JL 12w3) and left a good amount of room.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Probably the most compact enclosure you're going to find outside of a JL Stealthbox ($$$).

http://www.zenclosures.com/Mustang-s/59.htm
Cool site. Thanks. I really dont want to lose the ability to put the seats down for space just in case

If it ever comes in, I'll put up pics of the setup I'm working on, it's a Pioneer shallow mount sub in their own enclosure. According to my math, it'll fit just perfect into the spare tire well in the trunk without impeding on trunk space.

I should be installing it in a couple weeks. May even post a video up for a how-to :)
That sounds insteresting. Concerned about rattle?

the trunk is pretty big....1 12" sub and amp wouldnt take up a hug amount of space. Thats all i had in my 09 GT which i believe had a smaller trunk and it slammed (JL 12w3) and left a good amount of room.
Wondering whats directly under the back seat if there would be anyway of shallowmounting something there. one of my friends told me to replace the 6.5" speakers in the doors with little subs which isnt terrible but not what id be looking for. he said his mini was set up this way.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
That sounds insteresting. Concerned about rattle?
Not overly. I plan to add some dynamat to the floor of the spare tire well, the inside of the trunk lid, and behind the tail lights. I'll only be pushing 300w RMS, so not huge power.

Maybe the cover over the spare tire well might move/rattle, but if that's the case, I'll devise something to go in its place instead.

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Not overly. I plan to add some dynamat to the floor of the spare tire well, the inside of the trunk lid, and behind the tail lights. I'll only be pushing 300w RMS, so not huge power.

Maybe the cover over the spare tire well might move/rattle, but if that's the case, I'll devise something to go in its place instead.

Can't wait to see it

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
Just before I finished the setup:

It's an Alumapro Alchemy MX 10" in a homemade box, Earthquake 10" passive radiator, Arc Audio XXD2080 amplifier powering it. Not a ton of big sound but it hits hard for a little setup and its clean as hell, efficient, and easily removable for track days.

Sponsored

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
Should've used MDF. I feel it has less flex.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Cool site. Thanks. I really dont want to lose the ability to put the seats down for space just in case
They also offer a half box that only covers one of the rear seats... not sure if it's on their site, but there was a thread here showing it not too long ago...

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4

Rockford prime amps and 12" P3 sub.

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
JL Stealthbox in the trunk. 600 watt JL sub amp under the drivers seat. Sub volume control knob inside the center console. Total stealth! (No photo of the amp possible).
image.jpg
Sponsored