Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
[MENTION=10765]Guio[/MENTION] sorry to hear that your replacement vehicle is plagued by piss poor QC issues. Such a shame that you're going through so many troubles again.

Thankfully my GT is problem free. I did have the passenger door making contact with the front fender with paint rubbed off down to the primer when I went to take delivery. I refused to take the car until it was repaired and I asked who did the piss poor PDI when I noticed it. It was promptly repaired and I noticed a few minor things that are not worth making an issue over because they really aren't bad. I'm really very happy with my GT.

Sorry for your troubles.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Looks like I did good NOT to get a Mustang for my replacement. So far, I did got only the dash replaced on my 2015 F150. I feel really sorry who has to get through all that trouble.

Sponsored

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I hope you guys are enjoying your replacement vehicles.

Mine's trying to compete with my old 15'. I've taken it for service 3 times now, but was only road forced balanced twice. It got rid of the steering wheel "shake" (any speed), but still vibrates @60MPH+. To my luck, new issues have surfaced in the last couple weeks.

Here's my current list of issues:

1. Vibration @60MPH (goes away if I go over 80MPH)
  2. Loud transmission metal "Clanking" sound when shifting P > R, or R > P
  3. Driver Fender Misalignment (slightly noticeable).
  4. Hood Misalignment (barely noticeable).
  5. The panel that's located below the driver side door is a bit loose. My guess is that one of the clips (or w/e holds it in place) broke.
  6. Trunk misalignment (noticeable). It's making contact with bottom grey plastic (2 scratches).
  7. Trunk's floor access cover/board is oddly shaped and it rarely stays in place.
  8. Both door rubber seals are deformed (top back corner). No water leakage, for now.
  9. Metal "Clunk" sound coming from the rear driver side whenever I hit a pothole. No clue what's causing it.
  10. The usual interior rattles. I've been fixing these myself though. I noticed that Ford added some padding, but it's still not enough.

Already had a talk with the selling dealer, but not much came out of it. I'm going to wait till January and take it back again for service since it now has more issues. I might lawyer up this time around.
So sorry, man! What a huge disappointment. :tsk: What's you next car going to be? G37?

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Next car?

..... :tsk: What's you next car going to be? G37?
NOT a FORD?? :lol:
(Sorry! I could not resist ...... ) :cheers:

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT

Mine's trying to compete with my old 15'. I've taken it for service 3 times now, but was only road forced balanced twice. It got rid of the steering wheel "shake" (any speed), but still vibrates @60MPH+. To my luck, new issues have surfaced in the last couple weeks.

I am assuming you had your wheels / tires checked? I have driven by cars at highway speed, that have wheels / tires that are visibly goofed. Not sure if that is unbalanced or out of round.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra

2. Loud transmission metal "Clanking" sound when shifting P > R, or R > P
  3. Driver Fender Misalignment (slightly noticeable).
  4. Hood Misalignment (barely noticeable).
  5. The panel that's located below the driver side door is a bit loose. My guess is that one of the clips (or w/e holds it in place) broke.
  6. Trunk misalignment (noticeable). It's making contact with bottom grey plastic (2 scratches).
  7. Trunk's floor access cover/board is oddly shaped and it rarely stays in place.
  8. Both door rubber seals are deformed (top back corner). No water leakage, for now.
  9. Metal "Clunk" sound coming from the rear driver side whenever I hit a pothole. No clue what's causing it.
  10. The usual interior rattles. I've been fixing these myself though. I noticed that Ford added some padding, but it's still not enough.

Already had a talk with the selling dealer, but not much came out of it. I'm going to wait till January and take it back again for service since it now has more issues. I might lawyer up this time around.
You can't be serious with half of these complaints...

"Trunk's floor access cover/board is oddly shaped and it rarely stays in place."

Really? An oddly shaped trunk floor access cover? Do you drive your car or do you spend all day walking around it and nit picking every tiny little thing that you can find?

You do realize that the door seals have indentations in specific areas by DESIGN, right?

And when you run over potholes, it's NORMAL to hear some noise. It's a sports car with low profile tires and a stiff suspension. That is to be expected.

If you have a trunk misalignment issue, have the dealer adjust it. It's not a big deal to correct. As far as the "slightly noticeable" and "barely noticeable" panel misalignments, get a life. You bought a mass produced vehicle, not a hand built $500,000 Rolls Royce. The panels aren't going to be perfect down to the thousandth of an inch.

And now you want to get a lawyer? :tsk: It sounds like you need to buy a bicycle instead of a car, obviously nothing is going to make you happy because all you want to do is complain. Then again, I wouldn't sell you a bike, because you'd probably want that bought back too.

Last edited:

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I'd like to add my car to this thread. Issues I've documented so far include:

1. When I start the car, I can hear the motor. I drove a hybrid where I couldn't hear anything when the car started. My Mustang must be broken. Can one of you recommend a lawyer you've been using?

2. Sometimes when I push the accelerator too hard, I am pushed back in my seat very abruptly. This can be frightening and uncomfortable and is a clear quality issue on Ford's part.

3. My gas mileage when I go the speed limit on the highway (65) is about 28 mpg. But I usually drive 15 over and only get 22 mpg. Ford estimated 24 mpg highway and that doesn't match at all what I get. Where is the quality control?

4. My stereo sounds so much better than my older cars that it makes my
decades old MP3s sound like crap. My previous lame stereos didn't provide as much clarity and made my sh!t music sound better. There should be a toggle switch to make the radio sound worse so my music sounds better. Boo Ford!

5. Sync 3 is so amazing I find myself distracted by it at times which is an obvious safety issue. Ford should not have put a product in the car that could encourage me to look away from the road.

6. I was driving behind a gravel truck and my car got peppered by stones. Now there are little chips in my paint. This paint must be too thin.

7. Sometimes in the morning I hear a slight squeak from my brakes when I first stop. I only hear it occasionally if my windows are down and I tilt my head just right. No one else who rides in my car hears it. But I'm convinced it's defective :ninja:

8. My pocket knife came open in the car and cut the leather. If this was real or quality leather I bet my knife would have broken instead of cutting this cheap stuff.

There are many other "issues" with this "car" that I won't even get into...

Sponsored

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra

1. When I start the car, I can hear the motor. I drove a hybrid where I couldn't hear anything when the car started. My Mustang must be broken. Can one of you recommend a lawyer you've been using?

2. Sometimes when I push the accelerator too hard, I am pushed back in my seat very abruptly. This can be frightening and uncomfortable and is a clear quality issue on Ford's part.

3. My gas mileage when I go the speed limit on the highway (65) is about 28 mpg. But I usually drive 15 over and only get 22 mpg. Ford estimated 24 mpg highway and that doesn't match at all what I get. Where is the quality control?

4. My stereo sounds so much better than my older cars that it makes my
decades old MP3s sound like crap. My previous lame stereos didn't provide as much clarity and made my sh!t music sound better. There should be a toggle switch to make the radio sound worse so my music sounds better. Boo Ford!

5. Sync 3 is so amazing I find myself distracted by it at times which is an obvious safety issue. Ford should not have put a product in the car that could encourage me to look away from the road.

6. I was driving behind a gravel truck and my car got peppered by stones. Now there are little chips in my paint. This paint must be too thin.

7. Sometimes in the morning I hear a slight squeak from my brakes when I first stop. I only hear it occasionally if my windows are down and I tilt my head just right. No one else who rides in my car hears it. But I'm convinced it's defective :ninja:

8. My pocket knife came open in the car and cut the leather. If this was real or quality leather I bet my knife would have broken instead of cutting this cheap stuff.

There are many other "issues" with this "car" that I won't even get into...
Better call a lawyer, start a huge lawsuit for millions of dollars, and get your car bought back dude. That sounds absolutely horrible!!! :lol:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Stripler - you know you just screwed yourself for making any kind of complaints about your 2016 from this point forward. LoL ;)

Last edited:

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT

:lol: