Sponsored

Lemon Log

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
FordTechOne must be new around here. Welcome to the forums.
I thought the same thing :lol:

I can agree with the trunk padding but body panel misalignments? He must have skipped that huge thread before his morning troll transformation.
Sponsored

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GG GT Premium with PP
Don't sweat him, just a confirmed non-owner sent to troll anyone with problems.

Do not engage.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Don't sweat him, just a confirmed non-owner sent to troll anyone with problems.

Do not engage.
When your "problems" consist of non-existent "body panel misalignments" you need to get a life.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
When your "problems" consist of non-existent "body panel misalignments" you need to get a life.

When you have nothing to offer but insults and belittling you need to stfu!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
When you have nothing to offer but insults and belittling you need to stfu!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
Perhaps you haven't seen some of nonsense complaints that people on here are whining and crying about.

I enjoy helping people out, but you can't help people who make up issues just to complain.

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Perhaps you haven't seen some of nonsense complaints that people on here are whining and crying about.

I enjoy helping people out, but you can't help people who make up issues just to complain.
didn't take long for FordTechOne to chime in. :lol:

there does appear to be some whining
and some belittling
and between those is FordTechOne
I am not sure if he (or she) is helping
but we appreciate the effort
and entertainment value :popcorn:

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier

People are a bit picky sometimes but you have to realize that some of us are coming from Japanese or Euro cars where the initial quality is far superior to the Mustang. My car has some pretty badly misaligned panels and I just said screw it since after my driveline vibration fiasco, I don't have time for the constant trips back and forth to the dealer. Compared to a Honda or Toyota, not even in the same league. My friend bought a C class Mercedes- certainly no more expensive than an optioned Mustang and when he had a problem, he dropped the car off, they gave him a 2016 loaner car and called him 2 weeks later when it was fixed. For me it was 8 trips to the dealer, rental car pick-up each time. Calls telling me it was fixed when it wasn't, on and on. Took 2 months. I probably lost 2 full days of work time. Now the car makes a loud clunk when you shift from reverse to drive. Don't have time for another round of rental car pick-ups, drop-offs etc. So I will drive it like this until it is horrible and then hope the problem is so obvious that they can fix it in one visit.

When my friend drops his Mercedes off for any service, it comes back detailed- spotless. When I dropped my clean detailed car off for service, it always came back dirtier, sometimes with empty coffee cups and dirty paper floor mats still in it. This is the stuff reputations are made of and Ford has lost any chance of selling a car to my friends (all engineers who can buy anything they want) or family.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
... Compared to a Honda or Toyota, not even in the same league. My friend bought a C class Mercedes- certainly no more expensive than an optioned Mustang
Half or more of Honda / Toyota are now CVT. They may be reliable but I still would not want to be in one of those when the warranty expires.

Benz C-class are sort of affordable but post warranty, not so much. Head over to repairpal and price an alternator for a Benz. And compare that to a Ford.

For me it was 8 trips to the dealer, rental car pick-up each time. Calls telling me it was fixed when it wasn't, on and on. Took 2 months. I probably lost 2 full days of work time. Now the car makes a loud clunk when you shift from reverse to drive. Don't have time for another round of rental car pick-ups, drop-offs etc. So I will drive it like this until it is horrible and then hope the problem is so obvious that they can fix it in one visit.
that sounds painful :frusty:

what was the driveline fix?

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Half or more of Honda / Toyota are now CVT. They may be reliable but I still would not want to be in one of those when the warranty expires.

Benz C-class are sort of affordable but post warranty, not so much. Head over to repairpal and price an alternator for a Benz. And compare that to a Ford.

that sounds painful :frusty:

what was the driveline fix?
My complaint is with initial quality but I doubt a Ford transmission is any less than a Honda or Toyota- and I bet even with CVT's, they are still 200K cars with minimal repairs. I doubt many Fords are in that club. I honestly don't care what the cost of a Mercedes alternator is. I keep my cars 3-4 years, 80K miles and then trade just so I don't have to worry about repairs.

New pinion flange finally fixed my car. It was suggested by someone else with the vibration problem, but Ford had no clue how to fix it and has had to buy back quite a few of these cars just from people on this forum. I think people on this forum have done more to solve the problem than Ford has! It's a numbers game for them but as I said, they lose potential customers when their service is so dismal. And my experience with this car will make me think long and hard when it is time to trade again.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
New pinion flange finally fixed my car. It was suggested by someone else with the vibration problem, but Ford had no clue how to fix it and has had to buy back quite a few of these cars just from people on this forum. I think people on this forum have done more to solve the problem than Ford has!
+1 on the statement in blue.

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
My complaint is with initial quality but I doubt a Ford transmission is any less than a Honda or Toyota- and I bet even with CVT's, they are still 200K cars with minimal repairs. I doubt many Fords are in that club. I honestly don't care what the cost of a Mercedes alternator is. I keep my cars 3-4 years, 80K miles and then trade just so I don't have to worry about repairs.

New pinion flange finally fixed my car. It was suggested by someone else with the vibration problem, but Ford had no clue how to fix it and has had to buy back quite a few of these cars just from people on this forum. I think people on this forum have done more to solve the problem than Ford has! It's a numbers game for them but as I said, they lose potential customers when their service is so dismal. And my experience with this car will make me think long and hard when it is time to trade again.
I was looking at Subaru's with the Eyesight feature at one point. But they make you get a CVT. And I read that replacing one of those will set you back $8000 or so, because they are proprietary. You aren't going to your neighborhood transmission shop and get a rebuild for $2500.

CVT's are more gasoline efficient, but the car markers are just pushing extra repair costs onto the consumer to satisfy the CAFE bureaucrats.

I like to think about cars very long term. As in, the car broke down on the side of the highway, it's time to call Salvation Army to come get it. :lol:

I may or may not keep my Mustang that long, but I don't want to feel any pressure once the warranty expires.

pinion flange. I would not have guessed. But I am not a mechanic either. Did they say if this is this because the part itself is out of round, or bolts not torqued properly?

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I was looking at Subaru's with the Eyesight feature at one point. But they make you get a CVT. And I read that replacing one of those will set you back $8000 or so, because they are proprietary. You aren't going to your neighborhood transmission shop and get a rebuild for $2500.

CVT's are more gasoline efficient, but the car markers are just pushing extra repair costs onto the consumer to satisfy the CAFE bureaucrats.

I like to think about cars very long term. As in, the car broke down on the side of the highway, it's time to call Salvation Army to come get it. :lol:

I may or may not keep my Mustang that long, but I don't want to feel any pressure once the warranty expires.

pinion flange. I would not have guessed. But I am not a mechanic either. Did they say if this is this because the part itself is out of round, or bolts not torqued properly?
I bet any Subi transmission is crazy expensive to replace/rebuild because the volume is so low that the aftermarket won't bother with them. But if there is money to be made, the aftermarket is always on it... CVT's will end up being exchange items by rebuilders when the volume is there.

Read the last few pages of this thread if you're wondering about the vibration issue... http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15990

I'd like to think that I think about cars long term but history proves that wrong. After 3-4 years I'm tired of what I'm driving and am compelled by forces beyond my control to get a new car.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra

You are living in an imaginary world my friend. Honda, Toyota, Subaru, and Nissan have had nothing but problems with their CVTs. They don't even make it out of warranty without requiring replacement of the entire transmission. All it takes it a simple google search to see the issues that those manufacturers have. 200K? LOL, keep dreaming.

As far as initial quality, your memory must not serve you very well. Ford is above industry average for initial quality, well above your claimed "benchmark" brands like Honda, Nissan, Subaru, Acura, Mercedes, Mazda, etc. Same thing with TGW ratings (Things Gone Wrong). I work with all makes and models of vehicles every day, they are all more or less the same in body panel gaps, alignment, trim fitment, etc. If Ford was as far off from the competition as you claim, they wouldn't in business.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Haha, I like my world. One of the reasons I did not buy an Accord coupe was the CVT. I hated it. But blanket statements like " Honda, Toyota, Subaru, and Nissan have had nothing but problems with their CVTs. They don't even make it out of warranty without requiring replacement of the entire transmission" are absurd. Every one of them has had a problem? That is what you are saying. My sister's Nissan must be the sole exception to the rule- no problems at all. I don't know what the stats are but I'd want to see them before making statement like that.

At any rate, my issue is with Mustang initial quality. It's poor. Just look at the threads in this sub-forum. Lots of problems. When my car had the DL vibration issue, the service manager went out and drove all the Mustangs on the lot (6 at the time) and 2 others had the same problem. That's quite a high percentage. Because I do like hard numbers, I went to JD Powers and looked it up and sure enough, 2015 Mustang is in last place in midsize sporty cars. And Ford only took 1 first place in any segment- Heavy Duty Pickups.

http://www.jdpower.com/cars/study/2015-Initial-Quality-Study-%28IQS%29-by-Category/567ENG/Midsize-Sporty-Car/1077

http://www.jdpower.com/cars/study/2...S)-by-Category/567ENG/Midsize-Sporty-Car/1077

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
... Because I do like hard numbers, I went to JD Powers and looked it up and sure enough, 2015 Mustang is in last place in midsize sporty cars. And Ford only took 1 first place in any segment- Heavy Duty Pickups.
The JD Power's data is hard to parse. Ford Mustang is 5-star for Powertrain Mechanical, but only 3-star for Powertrain Design? Chevy is 2-star Mechanical, and 5-star design?

And powertrain includes stuff like brake dust and brake noise? Really? The latter could easily be an improper brake-in
Sponsored