Lemon Log

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
This afternoon when my stereo stopped working again, I thought it might be fun to chronicle all of the problems I’ve had with my Mustang so far, and to keep it updated as more things go wrong (until the car gets replaced). Of all of the cars I’ve owned over the last 40 years, this one has had the most problems - by a HUGE margin. Admittedly some of these issues are minor, but when taken in aggregate with the major issues, this complete quality FAIL is nothing short of mind-boggling. Perhaps this list will be food for thought for anyone that has not yet bought a Mustang. Feel free to add your own list of issues! Check back for hourly updates!!

Sponsored

Last edited:

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
You're missing the squealing brakes and exhaust rattle!

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I am glad to see I am not the only one who has had radio problems and who also thinks the A/C barely gets what I would call cold

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I am glad to see I am not the only one who has had radio problems and who also thinks the A/C barely gets what I would call cold
My radio also crapped out a few times, but reset itself.
My AC is very cold and I live in the desert, so this is certainly defective.

Sponsored

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
This afternoon when my stereo stopped working again, I thought it might be fun to chronicle all of the problems I’ve had with my Mustang so far, and to keep it updated as more things go wrong (until the car gets replaced). Of all of the cars I’ve owned over the last 40 years, this one has had the most problems - by a HUGE margin. This complete quality FAIL is nothing short of mind-boggling. Perhaps this list will be food for thought for anyone that has not yet bought a Mustang. Feel free to add your own list of issues! Check back for hourly updates!!

This must be your first mustang. You would have been committed if you had my 13' GT. I had three sets of lower control arms by 10k. Not to mention many other issues.

Not making excuses but a lot of items on this list are pretty minor. I mean the radio defaulting to an input? Huh?

This car is LIGHT YEARS better than its predecessors - yeah there's some first model year "kinks" to work out but I've never enjoyed driving a car more than I do this one.

Haven't you ever heard of turning the radio up? It's kind of a running joke between me and my mustang buddies locally....oh wait that is after they fix it first ;).

All these issues and I'd buy another one tomorrow if I could because hands down there is no better driving experience for the $ in my eyes.

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Fortunately, I don't have either one of those issues! My panel alignment is perfect as well. Too bad everything else is crap!

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
This must be your first mustang. You would have been committed if you had my 13' GT. I had three sets of lower control arms by 10k. Not to mention many other issues.

Not making excuses but a lot of items on this list are pretty minor. I mean the radio defaulting to an input? Huh?

This car is LIGHT YEARS better than its predecessors - yeah there's some first model year "kinks" to work out but I've never enjoyed driving a car more than I do this one.

Haven't you ever heard of turning the radio up? It's kind of a running joke between me and my mustang buddies locally....oh wait that is after they fix it first ;).

All these issues and I'd buy another one tomorrow if I could because hands down there is no better driving experience for the $ in my eyes.
Nope...I also had a 2005 GT convertible. I thought that thing was junky, but it turns out that it was way better than my current 2015 in terms of reliability. At the time I dumped the '05, I swore I would never buy another Ford. But once I saw the 2015s, I honestly thought that they had made a much better car...finally. I was fully prepared for some first year kinks, but never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would have these kinds of problems with a new car.

Tonight I tallied up the figures:

As of today, I have owned the car for 160 days. It has been in the shop a total of 16 days (some people have had their car in the shop for far longer than that)!

I just turned over 6000 miles today, and my car has already been in the shop FIVE TIMES.

You are correct, some of these issues are minor. If all I had were a couple of these minor issues, I'd consider myself lucky and wouldn't give them a second thought. But on top of the major issues, it is inexcusable. I have owned plenty of "first year" cars of other makes, and never had anything other than very minor issues.

Drive line vibration - major issue
Wipers not working - major issue
A/C not working right - major issue

My radio failing today was the last straw. Here I am headed home with the top down on a nice sunny Friday afternoon, and it just quits. I stopped and restarted the car twice hoping it would reset, but no dice. If they can't even get the fucking wipers and radio to work correctly, what is going to fail next???

I have to agree that this is an amazing car (or it would be, if it worked as it was intended to) and I LOVE driving it. If not for all of the problems, this would be my favorite car out of all that I have ever owned. Ironically, it is also BY FAR the worst I have ever owned in terms of problems.

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
And ... as others have posted up.

Engine light and stalling on decellearation.
Engine ticking.
Engine blowing-up.
Transmissions blowing-up.
Panel mis-alignments.
Rear window mis-alignment.
Chewed up rear brake rotors.
Cooled seats don't cool the backs, only the bottoms.
Rattles in the rear quarter panel area.

Sponsored
OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
It just keeps getting better....

Today I went to the post office to send a certified letter to Ford, as required when requesting a replacement vehicle under the Lemon Law. The postal clerk informed me that there was no such PO box in that zip code. Thinking I had maybe transposed some numbers, I double checked. This is what I found:

Here is the address posted on their website, (which is what I used):

And here is the address printed in the owners manual:

Now I suppose it is possible that the Customer Relationship Center could have two different PO boxes in different zip codes in the same city (I checked; both zip codes are in Dearborn). And I suppose it is possible that the two different PO box numbers could be only one digit off. The more plausible explanation, however, is that Ford Fucked Up Again. :tsk:

Typos in printed material are not unusual, but this time it looks like the typo is on their website. How could someone have not noticed this (and fixed it) before now???

Can FordService clarify this for us please? Is one of these addresses incorrect? And, most importantly, does the Ford Customer Relationship Center actually exist? :confused:

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
POSTAL ADDRESS

United States

Ford Motor Company

Customer Relationship Center

P.O. Box 6248

Dearborn, MI 48126

I literally just copy/pasted that from their website: https://corporate.ford.com/contact-us.html

Sad you got a gimpy one. These cars are a blast to drive.
Thanks, man. Yes, they are a hoot and a half when they run.

This is what it says at http://owner.ford.com/contact-us.html

Then I guess the zip code is wrong in the owners manual. Apparently they hold their proofreaders to the same high standards as the rest of the employees.

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Lol
Sponsored