Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Check my Blog (on my signature) :lol:

Good luck. :)

I'm thinking about filing a claim with the BBB, but I was involved in an accident back in March and I just got my car back this week in better shape than it was. Luckily, the accident didn't affect the engine, or any of the components that have defects. Not sure if that would not allow me to file a BBB claim though :frusty:
Very nicely done blog! :cheers:

Not sure if the accident will affect your claim or not. It never hurts to try, though!
Sponsored

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
LOL...sorry for the confusion; I was being sarcastic. No, Ford did not "officially" void my warranty. They just refused to fix warranty items, which to me is kind of the same thing.

When I have finally have what they would consider a "real" problem, like the transmission falling out, what will they do? I would hope that they would fix it like they are supposed to. But after what I have seen so far, I wouldn't put it past them to deny coverage based on what they consider "abuse". "Sorry, but the goons that we have following you have reported that you repeatedly used the reverse gear more than twice daily for months on end. That is clearly abuse, which is not covered by the warranty. See, it says so right here..." Man, I hate those goons... :paddle:

The issue with the console tray is a perfect example of the utter lack of pride in their work. The image below shows the tray flange hidden on the left side, just like it is supposed to be. On the right side, you see that the flange is on top the surface of the console, which does not allow the rubber mat to sit correctly. Is this little glitch the end of the world? No. It is a trivial item that I will fix myself in a few minutes. However, it does show their true colors. First, the dufus that changed out my radio on the last visit didn't care enough to put it back together correctly. Second, the Assistant Service Manager looked me right in the eye and told me that it would be fixed. This item was on the printed list that I gave her, and she even circled it, so you can't tell me that it just got "overlooked". Neither the dealership baboons nor the nimrod FSE cared enough to fix it. That shows me that my biggest problem is not the defects in my car; my biggest problem is that if anything ever happens to make my car undrivable, I have zero confidence that it will be fixed correctly.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is how much Ford and their dealers really care about customer satisfaction. :tsk:

And if I have offended any baboons by comparing them to Ford mechanics, please accept my sincere apologies...

To think that they "replaced" my short block and rebuilt my cams due to them being on back order. What confidence should I have in their competence...

The engine feels out of balance, when revving past 4k RPM you feel a high vibration coming from the engine, it resonates the whole car. Just add another issue to my list, hopefully this lemon I have myself can be bought back by Ford without me having to do BBB arbitration. We shall see....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I made sure that I would be able to talk to the engineer directly, so there will be no miscommunication about what the problems are, and also what I expect the outcome to be. I'll let you know if they try to pass off a chimp in a Ford shirt as a factory engineer. :lol:
:lol:

Good luck on the next phase of this debacle. Lemon avatar return I guess. ;)

Last edited:

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Check my Blog (on my signature) :lol: http://guiomustang.wordpress.com/
Great write-up yet sad read. Hope things work out for you.

We came close to buying a 2015 GT but between the interior rattles & poor panel alignments I couldn't find one worth buying. We are waiting to see if the quality pics up in 2016 or 2017.

My brother-in-law was in town this week & hadn't seen a 2015 Mustang yet so we stopped at the 1st one I saw. That poor Mustang had the worst case of panel misalignment that I have seen in any car over the last 50 years that I've been paying attention to panel fitment.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Unless ford puts foam in the dash and around the chrome rings I do not think the rattling issue will go away anytime soon.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I fixed mine yesterday and it's a VERY simple solution (used sticky-felt). I hope they fix this on their 2016 edition. It's a great car, but they really need to tight up their QA team.
Mine rattles a bit too, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It's been like this back since the S197, so 10 years now? I wouldn't count on it changing all of the sudden, but at least it's not the hardest or most expensive fix in the world- an hour or 2 and about $10 in foam.

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Mine rattles a bit too, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It's been like this back since the S197, so 10 years now? I wouldn't count on it changing all of the sudden, but at least it's not the hardest or most expensive fix in the world- an hour or 2 and about $10 in foam.

You'd think they would have figured it out by now, riiiiight.

Why I lost my confidence in Ford

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21895

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
***ARBITRATION UPDATE***

I just received word today that BBB arbitrator has ruled in my favor, and has ordered Ford to replace my vehicle. :headbang: Yup...the car that has "nothing" wrong with it is getting replaced! :clap2:

Unfortunately, it won't be a as simple as just slapping my old plates on a new Mustang and driving off; they will be deducting some money for the miles I put on the car up until the date of the arbitration. I will have to get more specific details on how the final transaction will work before I accept the settlement. I would hate to accept it and then find out that it's going to cost me a wad o' dough to make it happen.

I hope the rest of the process goes pretty quickly; I found the exact car that I want sitting on a dealer's lot 8 hours away from where I live...ROAD TRIP! It will probably get snapped up before all of the arrangements are finalized, but I can dream...

So...if you are another one of those unlucky beta-testers like me, don't despair! I strongly encourage you to file a claim with the BBB if Ford gives you the run-around on getting your car fixed. It is very easy to do, as long as you can be patient. The time between filing my claim to getting a ruling from the arbitrator was about 3 months. I also had to take a morning off of work to present my case at the hearing, but it was well worth it to receive a favorable ruling.

Here is the link you will need to get the ball rolling:

https://www.bbb.org/council/programs-services/dispute-handling-and-resolution/bbb-auto-line/

They will guide you through the whole process step by step, and a representative will be assigned to you that will promptly answer any questions you may have.

Do it! you have nothing to lose! And remember...if enough people file claims about the same problems, it may encourage Ford to issue TSBs to get these problems fixed.

I sincerely hope that all of you out there that are having problems with your Mustangs are able to get them solved one way or another! :cheers:

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Grats Icarumba!

How many miles does your car have? I'm curious since mine has 7.8k miles at the moment and my Arbitration Hearing is in almost a week (will be around 8.5k by then).

Any reason as to why it took him/her so long? I had to take a whole day off since the place that I have to go to is about 2 hours away, but it'll be worth it.

PS: I feel more like an Alpha Tester. ;)
Thanks Guio!

My car had 7700 miles on the day of arbitration, so that is what they go by. I now have around 8900 miles. I took the whole morning off just in case the hearing ran long, but it really only took 2 hours. They start with the testimony, and wrap it up with an inspection and road test.

I'm sure your hearing will go great with all of your excellent documentation. I am VERY happy with the BBB; the whole experience has been top notch from day one!

Good luck bud! :cheers:

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I am happy to hear that you guys getting help and the BBB acknowledges that there are issues with the "all new 2015 Mustang". Hope you guys not getting ripped off a lot switching the cars!

Sponsored
OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I am happy to hear that you guys getting help and the BBB acknowledges that there are issues with the "all new 2015 Mustang". Hope you guys not getting ripped off a lot switching the cars!
That's my hope too! I sure don't want to take it in the shorts to get a replacement; the numbers had better be acceptable.

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
***ARBITRATION UPDATE***

I just received word today that BBB arbitrator has ruled in my favor, and has ordered Ford to replace my vehicle. :headbang: Yup...the car that has "nothing" wrong with it is getting replaced! :
That is awesome news icarumba, was wondering the outcome :headbang:

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I should have posted here a long time ago.

I've had issue with my car since a week after i bought it. I noticed body panels that needed adjustments on the hood, driver door, front bumper, and rear bumper. When they sent it to the body shop to adjust it they put a dent on the under side of the door not resolved to my liking.

The rear glass was replaced because of the slope. The service guys at the dealer offer no communication. The first glass was never delivered. The second glass came with a chip, and the third they installed without putting the weather striping on properly.

I went back to the dealer 3 times because of scratches they said they would take care of when they delivered the car.

Part of this is the car and the other part is the horrible service of my dealer. The service guy says he has done all he can do and wants me to talk to the sales guy about possibly buying back my car. That guy has supposed to have called me since friday, I've emailed the dealer every day since saying i have not heard from him. Non stop with the dealer since i bought the car late April.

I saved all my emails going back and forth and since they are giving me the run around not calling me, i'm moving forward with the BBB. Problems since 163 miles and now i'm just over 3K. Not one month to enjoy the car...cost me a lot of time running back and forth to them
Sponsored