Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Ford engineer? Are you kidding me?

***MEDIATION UPDATE***

I'm less than two weeks into the mediation process,..........
This time however, they are sending a corporate engineer out to work on it. I just tell them which dealer I want to take it to, and the engineer will meet me there so we can discuss the issues face to face. As I understand it, nobody other than the Ford engineer will touch my car on this visit. If he can fix it to my satisfaction...great! I'll drop the case. If not, the case continues to arbitration unless Ford decides to settle.

I'll post more updates as things progress.
I really like to know IF FORD is sending out a "FORD engineer" to the dealership!! Why? My CSM told me the same on the phone. I took the time to drop off my Mustang for the "FORD engineer" and to STAY there because I would have liked to talk to him. BINGO! After I said so to the bodyshop manageress, she informed the service guy and he talked to me to led me know that NO "FORD engineer" would come to take a look at my car! :eyebulge: FORD did fax some pages with instructions on how to deal with my car. (Some measurements they should take.... )

Actually that was another point on top of all the issues with the Mustang that I said to myself: "I can bullshit myself and do not need FORD's bullshit too!" My dealer called me 2 days later that he would buy the car back. He offered me some of the new Mustangs they had on the lot. I refused as nicely I could. The catch was that I had to buy another car from him if he takes it back penny for penny. That's how I ended up with a F150 with 6 seats. :faint: FORD engineer?? Seriously!? If you have the time, please watch IF there is a "FORD engineer" looking out for your car. I would like to know that!
Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
***MEDIATION UPDATE***

I'm less than two weeks into the mediation process, and things are moving along well. The BBB is really on the ball! My rep communicates with me immediately as soon as there is any news to report.

I guess filing a claim with the BBB is what you need to do to get Ford's attention! :paddle: Today I got word that they would like to try to fix my car one last time. This time however, they are sending a corporate engineer out to work on it. I just tell them which dealer I want to take it to, and the engineer will meet me there so we can discuss the issues face to face. As I understand it, nobody other than the Ford engineer will touch my car on this visit. If he can fix it to my satisfaction...great! I'll drop the case. If not, the case continues to arbitration unless Ford decides to settle.

So far, so good. I'm more than willing to let them have another go at it, as long as it gets me one step closer to some kind of resolution. I just wish that I didn't have to resort to filing a claim to get them to take action.

I'll post more updates as things progress.
Seems like you are in a good frame of mind. Hope everything pans out in your favor.

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Do you still want the car? If not, no matter what you can just tell them you don't want the car and you're done with it. The law is on your side now, and more importantly the BBB. Why play nice now when they've spun your wheels, frustrated you, and made you wait. Why have to resort to the highest possible complaint in order to get proper attention?

Again, if you don't want to deal with it, whether they fix it or not, you can just tell them to shove it at this point, they have to refund you if you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure, I'd be OK with keeping the car IF they can fix everything to my satisfaction. At this point, I'm just curious to see if they CAN fix everything. At least I know what's wrong with this one...with my luck, the replacement car would have a whole bunch of different problems!

I really like to know IF FORD is sending out a "FORD engineer" to the dealership!! Why? My CSM told me the same on the phone. I took the time to drop off my Mustang for the "FORD engineer" and to STAY there because I would have liked to talk to him. BINGO! After I said so to the bodyshop manageress, she informed the service guy and he talked to me to led me know that NO "FORD engineer" would come to take a look at my car! :eyebulge: FORD did fax some pages with instructions on how to deal with my car. (Some measurements they should take.... )

Actually that was another point on top of all the issues with the Mustang that I said to myself: "I can bullshit myself and do not need FORD's bullshit too!" My dealer called me 2 days later that he would buy the car back. He offered me some of the new Mustangs they had on the lot. I refused as nicely I could. The catch was that I had to buy another car from him if he takes it back penny for penny. That's how I ended up with a F150 with 6 seats. :faint: FORD engineer?? Seriously!? If you have the time, please watch IF there is a "FORD engineer" looking out for your car. I would like to know that!
I made sure that I would be able to talk to the engineer directly, so there will be no miscommunication about what the problems are, and also what I expect the outcome to be. I'll let you know if they try to pass off a chimp in a Ford shirt as a factory engineer. :lol:
Seems like you are in a good frame of mind. Hope everything pans out in your favor.
Thanks my friend! I'm trying to stay positive; I even decided to take down my lemon avatar...it was seriously bumming me out!

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
If anyone needs info on how to get help with your lemon, here is the link to the BBB:

https://www.bbb.org/council/programs-services/dispute-handling-and-resolution/bbb-auto-line/

Good tips to remember:

*ALWAYS document everything that happens with your car. The more documentation you have, the better off you will be if you need to file a claim. Keep a list of the date and mileage when the defects were first noticed. And obviously, always keep the repair receipts.

*Take lots of photos if it is a visual defect; videos if it is a something like a weird noise.

*When making a service appointment, email a comprehensive list of issues to your service writer and CSM, and make sure they both confirm receipt. That way, everyone is on the same page, and there is no excuse for anything to be missed or misunderstood when the car is brought in. Attach photos if appropriate.

*Try to correspond with your CSM and dealer only via email, so you have a record of what is said by all parties; there is no way to prove who said what during a phone call.

*When you drop off your car, be sure to have two hard copies of the email you sent, clearly describing the issues that need attention. Attach photos if appropriate. Leave one copy with the service writer, and go over each item to make sure they understand. Leave the other copy in the car where the technician will find it, because the chances are the service writer will leave out or misunderstand at least half of what you told them.

*If you have something on video, show it to the service writer on your phone, and also bring it on a flash drive for them to copy and show to the technician.

Sponsored

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I am about to take up the lemon avatar from you :)

I have a feeling that if I could sell copies of my lemon avatar on this forum for two cents apiece, I could retire early! :lol:

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
***MEDIATION UPDATE***

The BBB told me to give the Ford FSE a list of all the unresolved issues when I took it in last week, not just the driveline vibration issue. I got it back on Thursday.

Astonishingly, not a single issue was fixed. Not one. At the time, I even pointed out to the assistant service manager where they had incorrectly reinstalled the tray at the front of the console when they replaced the radio last time. Not fixed.

Apparently, Ford has decided to void my warranty, and didn't bother to tell me.

I have notified that BBB that Ford's final attempt to fix my car was unsuccessful, and that the case will continue.

And that part about being able to talk directly to the FSE? Didn't happen. Another lie.

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
***MEDIATION UPDATE***

The BBB told me to give the Ford FSE a list of all the unresolved issues when I took it in last week, not just the driveline vibration issue. I got it back on Thursday.

Astonishingly, not a single issue was fixed. Not one. At the time, I even pointed out to the assistant service manager where they had incorrectly reinstalled the tray at the front of the console when they replaced the radio last time. Not fixed.

I have notified that BBB that Ford's final attempt to fix my car was unsuccessful, and that the case will continue.

And that part about being able to talk directly to the FSE? Didn't happen. Another lie.

Not surprised. I am in legal talks with Ford now, let's see how they handle it.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
***MEDIATION UPDATE***

Wow that is some BS...dafuq is your warranty void?:crazy:

Lol not shocked about the meeting with the FSE not happening. I requested one 10 days ago and got denied. And of course, not a peep from my CSM either.:tsk:

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
Seeing shit like this makes me wonder why I bought another Ford. My 12 was was a pos oil burner. My 15 has some of tbe thinnest paint I've ever seen, and the body panel alignment leaves leaves a lot to be desired. At least it doesn't drink oil ......

Sponsored

Ivabign596

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Wow, just unbelievable in this day and age that they would treat a customer like that.

After shopping Mustang's for several months and trying to find a dealer who didn't think they were PT Barnum trying to screw over another unsuspecting customer, and reading the issues on this forum, I've decided to take a pass on the Mustang.

I realize I'm only one customer, but since I was pre-approved by Ford for $75k (plus I'm a Z-Plan), and I could have paid cash for any car I wanted, you'd have to think I was in their prime demographics (unless of course they're mainly looking for someone that would be happy with an inferior product). I may check back sometime in the future, but who needs to hassle with this crap. It's 2015 and this isn't a spaceship, it's a freaking car and the rest of the world does a pretty good job of building them reliably, but if there are issues they take care of the customer first and fix the problem later. Dealing with Ford these days seems like dealing with the Gov...

BTW, I just purchased a 2016 Acura ILX for my wife as an anniversary present. If you want to see how a dealership should work, go check out one of their dealerships. It's a night and day difference compared to the crap the Fords dealers were putting me through. And before someone chimes in with 'well the Acuras are way more expensive and THAT'S why they do that', the ILX I purchased was almost 10k LESS than the Mustang I was looking at.

IMO, Ford (and their dealers) can do it the right way of they want, they just don't care enough to do it the right way and there seem to be enough fan boys lined up to hand over their money and then blame the customer if there are issues that they don't have to. I know there are some service reps from Ford that frequent this forum, I'd really love to hear what they honestly feel about this BS...

***MEDIATION UPDATE***

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
***MEDIATION UPDATE***

Ford voided the warranty (WTH?) ... or was it the dealership? Did they give you a reason, or was it just because they were feeling pissed off for some reason?

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Ford voided the warranty (WTH?) ... or was it the dealership? Did they give you a reason, or was it just because they were feeling pissed off for some reason?
LOL...sorry for the confusion; I was being sarcastic. No, Ford did not "officially" void my warranty. They just refused to fix warranty items, which to me is kind of the same thing.

When I have finally have what they would consider a "real" problem, like the transmission falling out, what will they do? I would hope that they would fix it like they are supposed to. But after what I have seen so far, I wouldn't put it past them to deny coverage based on what they consider "abuse". "Sorry, but the goons that we have following you have reported that you repeatedly used the reverse gear more than twice daily for months on end. That is clearly abuse, which is not covered by the warranty. See, it says so right here..." Man, I hate those goons... :paddle:

The issue with the console tray is a perfect example of the utter lack of pride in their work. The image below shows the tray flange hidden on the left side, just like it is supposed to be. On the right side, you see that the flange is on top the surface of the console, which does not allow the rubber mat to sit correctly. Is this little glitch the end of the world? No. It is a trivial item that I will fix myself in a few minutes. However, it does show their true colors. First, the dufus that changed out my radio on the last visit didn't care enough to put it back together correctly. Second, the Assistant Service Manager looked me right in the eye and told me that it would be fixed. This item was on the printed list that I gave her, and she even circled it, so you can't tell me that it just got "overlooked". Neither the dealership baboons nor the nimrod FSE cared enough to fix it. That shows me that my biggest problem is not the defects in my car; my biggest problem is that if anything ever happens to make my car undrivable, I have zero confidence that it will be fixed correctly.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is how much Ford and their dealers really care about customer satisfaction. :tsk:

And if I have offended any baboons by comparing them to Ford mechanics, please accept my sincere apologies...

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Wow, just unbelievable in this day and age that they would treat a customer like that.

After shopping Mustang's for several months and trying to find a dealer who didn't think they were PT Barnum trying to screw over another unsuspecting customer, and reading the issues on this forum, I've decided to take a pass on the Mustang.

I realize I'm only one customer, but since I was pre-approved by Ford for $75k (plus I'm a Z-Plan), and I could have paid cash for any car I wanted, you'd have to think I was in their prime demographics (unless of course they're mainly looking for someone that would be happy with an inferior product). I may check back sometime in the future, but who needs to hassle with this crap. It's 2015 and this isn't a spaceship, it's a freaking car and the rest of the world does a pretty good job of building them reliably, but if there are issues they take care of the customer first and fix the problem later. Dealing with Ford these days seems like dealing with the Gov...

BTW, I just purchased a 2016 Acura ILX for my wife as an anniversary present. If you want to see how a dealership should work, go check out one of their dealerships. It's a night and day difference compared to the crap the Fords dealers were putting me through. And before someone chimes in with 'well the Acuras are way more expensive and THAT'S why they do that', the ILX I purchased was almost 10k LESS than the Mustang I was looking at.

IMO, Ford (and their dealers) can do it the right way of they want, they just don't care enough to do it the right way and there seem to be enough fan boys lined up to hand over their money and then blame the customer if there are issues that they don't have to. I know there are some service reps from Ford that frequent this forum, I'd really love to hear what they honestly feel about this BS...
I couldn't have said it better myself. Yes, some manufacturers and dealerships are willing and able to do it right. Nelson Mazda owns ALL THREE Mazda dealerships in the Nashville area. You would think that having a monopoly on sales and warranty service in a particular area would give them the opportunity to screw their customers as much as they wanted to. But nooooooo..they are some of the BEST DEALERS I'VE EVER DEALT WITH. I have visited all three dealers for either sales or service over the last 17 years, and they are all consistently excellent. I bought a Mazda 6 in 2004, and then went back in 2008 to buy one for my wife. Incredibly, the sales manager greeted me by name when I walked into the showroom! Feel free to disbelieve this story; I still don't believe it myself. I didn't recognize him, but he recognized me after 4 years. As a matter of fact, I would have chosen the 2016 Miata over the Mustang if only they weren't so fugleeee...

Yes, pride and integrity really are still important to some people and companies. As nice as it would be to "Buy American", Ford and their ilk are making it impossible to root for the home team.

Ivabign596, you are making a very wise decision. No one wants or needs this kind of nonsense in their lives. Mustangs are a blast to drive, and are exactly the kind of car I have always wanted, but it's a damn shame that I have to sacrifice quality, reliability, and peace of mind to drive one. I originally wanted Ford to replace my car, but now I am asking for a repurchase instead.

I have also considered dropping the case and suffering through the next five years, JUST to sear this nightmare into my memory. Apparently, my last Mustang fiasco wasn't painful enough to keep me from buying another. To be honest, the stuff I went through on my last Mustang was SO ridiculous that I thought it just HAD to be a case of bad luck. Now I know better.

So if you ever decide to consider a Mustang in the future, take a look at the resale values that just came out...that will make you feel really good about your decision to pass!!! Good luck, my wise friend! :cheers:
Sponsored