icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I was looking at your list (again) and I noticed that your Radio resets back to FM/AM on startup. That's not normal? :(
Does yours do that too? Mine started doing that after they reprogrammed it because the rear camera lines disappeared. Even after they replaced the radio, the new one did it too. I guess it's a fresh new bug that they wrote into the updated software.

I absolutely loathe AM/FM radio; I only listen to Pandora or MP3s. So imagine my utter joy when I start the car and get either static or some idiot DJ screaming about something or other. It doesn't do it every time, maybe 20% of the time. Is this a major issue? No. But it is still an annoyance that I shouldn't have to put up with in a brand new car.

According to Car and Driver, radios have been in cars since 1930. http://www.caranddriver.com/features/the-history-of-car-radios

85 years later, and they are still working the bugs out of it???? Unacceptable. :tsk:
Sponsored

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I haven't seen it happen again in a while... Now that I think about it, it stopped doing it once I got the car back from the Repair Shop (accident). It used to do it ALL THE TIME prior to that. So basically, that Repair Shop has fixed more issues (without them knowing) than my own Ford Dealerships. Incredible.

Another thing to add to the list... *cries* *laughs* :headbonk:

*edit* I noticed it back in November, but I thought that it was just a "Sync" thing... (I've never owned a Ford, or Sync system before)
Sad!

Maybe when I get my replacement, I'll sign the papers, drive it into a ditch in front of the dealership, and tell them "Call me when the body shop has all of the bugs worked out of it!!" :lol:

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I'm glad I made this table, but it's quite depressing! :lol:
Same here.

And I hate that a majority of my posts on this forum have been negative, but I think it is really important to share these experiences with others so they know what to watch out for.

My hope is that I can report nothing but good things after I get my replacement. Oh, and a unicorn...I really hope I get a unicorn... :lol:

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
I just realized that I have Ford's GAP INSURANCE (I completely forgot about this). My car has 8k miles, has been to a Ford Dealership 6 times and to a Repair Shop once (accident) meaning that its value has depreciated a lot. If I win the Arbitration Hearing (replace the Vehicle), will the GAP Insurance help me with the replacement of my car without me having to pay the difference?

I need some help/guidance with this...

If you win the arbitration, they will pay you purchase vehicle price, plus: anything you've spent on car (tints, exhaust, etc), interest, doc stamps, taxes, etc. Then, minus: incentives (if used), current miles (formula calc). You can then call Ford and get your gap insurance refunded as you did not use it. You're not claiming damages to insurance as a total loss etc, that's when GAP comes in to fill the gap if insurance does not cover what you currently owe.

Why I lost my confidence in Ford

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21895

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
I was looking at your list (again) and I noticed that your Radio resets back to FM/AM on startup. That's not normal? :(
It is if you turn it off... My car and my daughter's 2014 Focus do the same thing. If you just shut the car off with the radio/music unit still on, it will come back on when the car is next turned on, i.e. the last setting returns.

Sponsored

Jpjr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang V6 (traded)
Mine just started doing that too. They updated the ecu for a brake issue and now the pony is gone on startup and it defaults to fm. It did not do that before. Its funny because I was just going to leave it be since I just got it back after 2 months, but my wife wants them to put the pony back lol.

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Mine just started doing that too. They updated the ecu for a brake issue and now the pony is gone on startup and it defaults to fm. It did not do that before. Its funny because I was just going to leave it be since I just got it back after 2 months, but my wife wants them to put the pony back lol.

Mine would stay in whatever input it was left at, it would NOT default to FM.

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but the Ford Rep didn't dial-in to last week's Arbitration Hearing and couldn't get anyone else to dial-in. Ford was given 48 hours to submit a statement. Hopefully, I'll know the outcome by tomorrow, or next week.

That said, I fully regret asking for a replacement. I should've asked for my money back. I love the car, but I dislike the company. I'm very disappointed in Ford (in general). Never buying again from them.

*edit*
Wow...I guess Ford doesn't have enough people to keep up with all of the BBB hearings! :lol:

If you win (and I am confident you will), ask the BBB if you can change your settlement to a repurchase instead of replacement. I can't think of any reason that it would be set in stone. Never hurts to ask!

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Its really sad that I have been so brand loyal of Ford (6 Fords in 6 Years). Yet this is the stance Ford chooses to take with so many loyal Ford customers. My wife has always wanted a Mercedes, obviously I was very reluctant due to the stereotype of Mercedes and reliability. Well she won out and ended up getting a 2012 GLK. I have had to be picked up by my wife twice now when I was stranded by my Ford. I can agree, just as stated in this thread. Luxury car companies know how to tread customers.. Follow up calls by the dealer manager seriously the top man at this particular dealer, also follow up call by the sales man, one month after purchase follow up call. I took it to get the free oil change we agreed upon, they rotated the tires and replaced the wipers for free. Small things yes, but very surprising! We haven't had a single issue with her Mercedes yet, I only wish I would have went to the Mercedes dealer before purchasing my 2015 GT. Her Mercedes was also $10,000 cheaper than my GT

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Its really sad that I have been so brand loyal of Ford (6 Fords in 6 Years). Yet this is the stance Ford chooses to take with so many loyal Ford customers. My wife has always wanted a Mercedes, obviously I was very reluctant due to the stereotype of Mercedes and reliability. Well she won out and ended up getting a 2012 GLK. I have had to be picked up by my wife twice now when I was stranded by my Ford. I can agree, just as stated in this thread. Luxury car companies know how to tread customers.. Follow up calls by the dealer manager seriously the top man at this particular dealer, also follow up call by the sales man, one month after purchase follow up call. I took it to get the free oil change we agreed upon, they rotated the tires and replaced the wipers for free. Small things yes, but very surprising! We haven't had a single issue with her Mercedes yet, I only wish I would have went to the Mercedes dealer before purchasing my 2015 GT. Her Mercedes was also $10,000 cheaper than my GT

I just purchased a 2015 Q50S. I couldn't be happier, i missed this luxury and quality, plus I got it for 37,500 used with 5,300 miles. That's the same price I paid for my tin-can stang, and man is it WAY more worth it... I'm sticking to Jap, every day, all day...

Sponsored

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Re-filed with BBB because my paperwork has not shown up to fill out and send back. That's kinda annoying

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I just purchased a 2015 Q50S. I couldn't be happier, i missed this luxury and quality, plus I got it for 37,500 used with 5,300 miles. That's the same price I paid for my tin-can stang, and man is it WAY more worth it... I'm sticking to Jap, every day, all day...

Well it's fords loss, as you can tell 6 fords in 6 years.... My wife and I like cars, we purchase on average once a year. We are millennial's and have many years of purchasing left. We actually had a G37 and loved it.

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name