icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
So from soup to nuts--how long did the BBB resolution take? I filed yesterday, 10/6. They say they like to get everything taken care of in under 40 days.
I'm sure every case is different. Mine took 12 weeks from filing the claim to receiving the decision.

I received my decision 6 weeks ago. The dealer was notified within a couple of weeks to help me find a replacement. There were none available with the options I wanted, so he said he would special order one for me a couple of weeks ago, and told me the EDD would be 2-3 months.

Ford will send my paperwork to the dealer as soon as they get the invoice on the car, which has not happened as of today. I have nothing to prove that the car was actually ordered, other than verbal confirmation from the dealer. I guess I need to go down there and sit on his desk until I see something in writing. Ford's stellar customer service continues!
Sponsored

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
do you have to go through the same dealer you bought the car or can you pick any dealer?

justinakajuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. Auto
So far, my dealer has been great and I would love to give them repeat business. This is the second Mustang I bought from them. Ball is in Ford's court now (BBB? :headbonk:). I just do not want to go through this again if I get a replacement lemon. I've been in a dealer loaner since September 5th. Car's been at the dealer since the 3rd (34 days). Engine still ricky-ticky. :/

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
do you have to go through the same dealer you bought the car or can you pick any dealer?
Normally it is handled by the selling dealer, but you can request to work with a different dealer. I only switched dealers because my selling dealer is way out of the way for me.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Did they ever tell you why?

I would put some pressure on them. Best of luck!

PS: New Avatar. :rolleyes:
I know that the arbitrator had 3 days to send his decision to the BBB, but it took a month for me to be notified...they never said why.

I will definitely be on top of this now that it seems everyone is just sitting on their hands. Silly me...thinking people were actually going to do what they said they were going to do.

Nice avatar! :lol:

Sponsored

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
This morning's cage-rattling at Ford RAV paid off; my dealer finally provided some info. My car is scheduled for production next week!

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car

justinakajuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. Auto
So how was the arbitration process? I'm about to submit the paperwork, but I would at least like to get the car back from the dealership first so I can have the entire process mapped out, dated, and have all the service records before submitting. It's been in there 41 days now, maybe they are trying to hold it for 18 months to prevent me from using the Lemon Law?

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
So how was the arbitration process? I'm about to submit the paperwork, but I would at least like to get the car back from the dealership first so I can have the entire process mapped out, dated, and have all the service records before submitting. It's been in there 41 days now, maybe they are trying to hold it for 18 months to prevent me from using the Lemon Law?

Call the BBB auto line and explain your situation to them and ask how you should proceed.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

EcoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3l Mustang Ecoboost
How about this one, incorrectly installed piston rings, caused the engine to blow. I am leasing it brand new from ford. Value of the car has significantly decreased. Filing for a lemon asap.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
How about this one, incorrectly installed piston rings, caused the engine to blow. I am leasing it brand new from ford. Value of the car has significantly decreased. Filing for a lemon asap.
Were there any signs before it blew-up (ie, oil burning, noises, etc)?

That's nuts, and how exactly did the engine "blow"?

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Wow. You win.

Hope they take good care of you!

EcoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2.3l Mustang Ecoboost
The low oil pressure light was flickering once in a while, and the engine ran rough at idle, lack of power around 4k in 2nd gear, tail pipes covered in soot, and oil in the throttle body. Break pressure solenoid broke all at the same time.

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
WOO HOO! Just got the call; my car was delivered to the dealership today!!! Incredibly, it was only ordered 27 days ago! I guess it flew through the system so fast it was untrackable; I haven't heard a peep from anyone regarding its status until now. Naturally, I am out of town until Sunday...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
WOO HOO! Just got the call; my car was delivered to the dealership today!!! Incredibly, it was only ordered 27 days ago! I guess it flew through the system so fast it was untrackable; I haven't heard a peep from anyone regarding its status until now. Naturally, I am out of town until Sunday...

Exciting! Hope you got a good one this time.
Sponsored