Sponsored

Leaving Cetek battery maintainer on for 2 months?

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
I use the Cetek to maintain the battery during the winter. I am going to be gone for 2 months and am somewhat hesitant to leave the unit connected when I won"t be able to monitor it. If I disconnect, I will be returning to a dead battery. Advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I use the Cetek to maintain the battery during the winter. I am going to be gone for 2 months and am somewhat hesitant to leave the unit connected when I won"t be able to monitor it. If I disconnect, I will be returning to a dead battery. Advice would be appreciated.
Set it and forget it :)

I have or manage 30 cars in a warehouse, all have been on ctek chargers for 5+ years. Some are on cars that move monthly, others only started once a year or so. The only issues I’ve ever seen are, after 4 years, 3 of the chargers stopped working with 2 months of each other. Other than that, they’re totally good for long term unmonitored storage.

If the area where you’re storing the car is cold, make sure you put the charger in the snowflake mode, as that’ll slightly up the amps to account for the resistance difference of cold wires.

Edit: Alternatively you could disconnect the battery from the car and leave it in the car. The battery will need charged when you get back, but likely won’t be dead as there will be no draw over the two months.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Plug it up and let that f$&@er go indefinitely!

I use BatteryTenders, but with three vehicle currently on chargers, mine go for extended periods of time all the time, all throughout the year. Nare a problem.

5FB9365D-B1FC-4FED-8AD5-6A06BA02889A.jpeg

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Mines been plugged in since October.

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
I have the Ctek on my car during winter storage

Current usage was
November 17th 2020 - March 25th 2021
Oktober 25th 2021 - now (probably until late March/ start April

Not a single issue and I have the battery sense as supplement to monitor the battery.

The car is stored in a 77⁰F garage
Sponsored