Leaking red fluid

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
figured sell my Z4 and i can pay it off in a year or so. I planed to let them buy my Z4 but they only offered $2800 for a car is worth easily $6K. Its an iconic 2003 Z4 with no mechanical issues and the roof operates with key fob and that's rare on these.
Hello; Two things. One is if you have a reliable second car and can afford to keep it on the road, might be a good idea to hang onto it for a while. At least until the Mustang shows some reliability.

The other is that you appear to have bought the Mustang sight unseen from one of the new services. You are the first person I know of to do so if such is correct. This begs the question of how they follow up so shortly after the sale. Ten days to failure right? This seems bad business at first glance. Have I missed something?
QUOTE "i had 4.9% finance with Vroom then after inquiry hits got 10.87% here local. "
Sponsored

OP
OP

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 ecoboost premium mustang
Hey Ferman dealership called said they are sending me a check to cover the wrecker cost.

OP
OP

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Two things. One is if you have a reliable second car and can afford to keep it on the road, might be a good idea to hang onto it for a while. At least until the Mustang shows some reliability.

The other is that you appear to have bought the Mustang sight unseen from one of the new services. You are the first person I know of to do so if such is correct. This begs the question of how they follow up so shortly after the sale. Ten days to failure right? This seems bad business at first glance. Have I missed something?
QUOTE "i had 4.9% finance with Vroom then after inquiry hits got 10.87% here local. "
I backed out of the Vroom deal and bought one at local dealership. I looked at it but didnt drive it until all was signed and done. To be honest i thought Florida had a 10 day grace on a car buy from Certified Franchised dealerships. Nope as is where is.
The one i picked on Vroom was Black convertible didnt have the digital cluster upgrade or Navigation and was like $500 cheaper than the one i bought in town.
But my room mate bought a GMC Acadia $4,000 cheaper than anything we could find local on Vroom and no complaints, had some minor scratches unmentioned but most compounded buffed out. Its a 2017 with every option available was only $20,300 delivered. And Vroom get better finance rates, local quote was 5.5% Vroom 2%.
Vroom is a force in buying used cars.

OP
OP

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
Heres is the list

carrep.jpg

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Looks like some seals, a trans filter and 12 quarts of fluid. So not very deep into the trans.

Good about the wrecker bill. I had a new Ford pickup fail to start in my driveway many years ago. They sent a rollback and there was not a charge. Good for you.

OK so Vroom is not the dealer who sold you the car. Good to know. I am not yet comfortable buying a car that way. Thanks for the update.

I guess I am done poking at this thing. Good luck with the car.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
Look normal after 20 minutes driving around

dash.jpg

OP
OP

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
Something else im noticing is my MPG is near double what it was. I got just over 120 miles on last tank of gas, this shows 110 left wiith half tank used already

OP
OP

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
Now i think its water leaking from right near the black box between the black hose and black box. What would that be?

car.jpg

OP
OP

Shawn51fla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
From a search appears this is going to be ac condensation. Weird, im parked same place as always and have never noticed it before.
Sponsored