Sponsored

Leaking Pinion Flange

jinx099

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It looks like there's some leakage near the pinion flange on my 2019 GT PP1 manual. I've been having some kind of driveline vibrations lately, mostly upon acceleration. Can this, or a bad/failed pinion flange cause symptoms like that? I tried to get the vibrations diagnosed at the dealership and they wouldn't even look at it after I gave the tech a ride, because they said it's "nothing", and "other Mustang's are like that", and "Mustangs are high performance sports cars so I should expect vibrations"....

These pics, do they indicate a failure "bad enough" to get the stinking dealer to look at and replace these parts? My car is still under powertrain warranty for a few more months.
Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Hard to tell from the picture, but that appears to be coming from the cv joint on the driveshaft. That could definitely be related to your vibrations.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
In the last picture the splashed oil is acuminating on the outside of the pipe toward the tire not toward the pinion. So I'm thinking the oil is not from the rear but a CV Joint. As stated above the chance of vibration is greater at the CV Joint. JMO.
Sponsored