Sponsored

Launch Control Question

NY Yankee Pride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Chrokee / Honda CRV / 1996 Thunderbird
I'm sorry in advance for the dumb question. I recently purchased a 2022 Ecoboost convertible and I noticed the "LC" on the display. So naturally I went straight to the owners manual which explained that LC = Launch Control. To be honest although I've owned several manual transmission cars in the past 30 years they were for the most part older and no where near as technically advanced as the Mustang. So basically although I understand what Launch Control is I'm wondering if this should be turned on for just normal every day driving or if it even matters. I purchased the car brand new so I guess I'm kind of confused as to why LC would be turned on by default. I'm certainly not launching the car at stoplights, I'm just enjoying leisurely top down cruising :sunglasses:
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
On my manual 301a ā€˜22 GT for some weird reason LC comes on when the car is put into track mode. You can go in and turn it off but itā€™ll come back on next time you put it in track. Irritating as crap.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm certainly not launching the car at stoplights yet.
there you go I fixed it for you. I put my LC on all the time just so if I feel like it I can just launch it at the stop light. Is the LC needed for stoplight racing probably not as most of the time I don't use it to race off a stop light as it's dorky to rev the engine to 3000 rpm and wait for green. However for that random BMW I prefer to have the LC on. Another reason is that tells me when the engine is hot enough to push as after cold start the LC indicator is off until the engine reach operating temperature that way if I see the LC light I know I can push the car.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Probably someone before you at the dealer either used it or toggled it on to demonstrate it. Go through your menu until you get to track apps, it's in there. Hit ok on it to switch it off

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Another reason is that tells me when the engine is hot enough to push as after cold start the LC indicator is off until the engine reach operating temperature that way if I see the LC light I know I can push the car.
My LC comes on religiously between 75 and 76 deg C (165F) cylinder head temp :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My LC comes on religiously between 75 and 76 deg C (165F) cylinder head temp :like:

WD :like:
yeah I know is a bit early in the game but still. It's an indicator to show that your car is ready to be put through it's paces.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm wondering if this should be turned on for just normal every day driving or if it even matters.
It doesn't matter. It's up to you whether you want to use it or not. Merely having it active and ready for use doesn't do anything as long as you don't actually use it.

OP
OP
NY Yankee Pride

NY Yankee Pride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Chrokee / Honda CRV / 1996 Thunderbird
It doesn't matter. It's up to you whether you want to use it or not. Merely having it active and ready for use doesn't do anything as long as you don't actually use it.
That's pretty much the information I was looking for. Thank you!
Sponsored