Sponsored

Latest update from Ford Performance Tune

Mid_life_crisis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium
Because I guarantee u like roush ford performance just asks if the car has been tuned, they aren't going to go through each and every ecu. So people who were pro tuned and have been waiting, will switch to this and get the warranty
They won't check prior to install, but if it blows up and the computer gets sent to the engineers prior to paying for a new motor, will they be able to tell that the car had previously had a different tune applied?
Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
They won't check prior to install, but if it blows up and the computer gets sent to the engineers prior to paying for a new motor, will they be able to tell that the car had previously had a different tune applied?
Thats a blown engine, which is in extreme cases. If the engine hasn't blown on a pro tune, it's not blowing on a FR tune. Any other warranty work, they aren't sending your ecu anywhere

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Just to clarify for some asking if FP can modify the tune for additional stuff, this is a canned tune, meaning thats it. FP will and cannot change whats in the tune. What the tune does, thats it. Its not like a pro tune where the tuner can change the tune as you add mods. FP made the tune to work with the CAI and maybe even the FP exhausts. Not sure how an intercooler would affect the power levels with the tune.

In a perfect world, i would absolutely love to see FP make staged kits like Mopar did for the SRT-4 Neons. A big turbo kit with a factory warranty making 380HP and 400TQ would be a dream.

StangRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Ecoboost Mustang PP
I am very excited to see the dyno chart for this tune. I've been one of the ones who has been waiting (as I'd still get 24K miles out of my warranty).

Sponsored

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost, Premium, Auto, PP
Crikey! $600 (from CJ) is an extremely good price including the intake! I was sure this was going to be $1000+ given the price of other FRP parts. I may have to sell my AP just to check this out.

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Crikey! $600 (from CJ) is an extremely good price including the intake! I was sure this was going to be $1000+ given the price of other FRP parts. I may have to sell my AP just to check this out.
I would love to see someone do a comparison between the AP and this tune. I was set on the AP and tune+ until I saw this come out! Hm...

sl1kn1ck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PREM PP MANUAL OXFORD WHITE 201A
Could you still use this tune if you had a castless downpipe and exhaust? I only have 5k miles on my 2015 so the warranty aspect still makes sense.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
That's an excellent price, especially for the tune and an intake.
How did you receive the discount?

Edit... Got it... put "SAVE5" in the discount code...

How much does a dealer charge to install this?

And shipping is free, for the "slow boat", which is not really all that slow. But then, I'm the one guy on here who dropped Amazon Prime last year and don't mind getting packages in 5-6 days instead of 2.

Last edited:

stevejon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black mustang ecoboost
I've contacted the dealer who I got the car from this morning and asked him if he has any idea if Ford will be releashing this tune in Australia.not very confident,we are so far behind the US it's not funny also the nanny state regulations will most probably not let them be available anyway.

datamon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Ecoboost
The GT Power Packs have this listed. Wonder if the Ecoboost will get this too?

Features exclusive no-lift shift strategy and enhanced throttle response

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I've contacted the dealer who I got the car from this morning and asked him if he has any idea if Ford will be releashing this tune in Australia.not very confident,we are so far behind the US it's not funny also the nanny state regulations will most probably not let them be available anyway.
IIRC, export market cars run/are tuned differently, anyways. Something about MAP tuning vs MAF tuning (i.e. our cars use Mass Airflow, whereas, due to regulations overseas, cars for Europe/Australia/etc. use the Manifold Pressure reading). Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that ;)