Sponsored

Last thoughts before going FI..

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
After weeks reading 60 pages of this forum, making questions and stalkering people in pm, I'm almost ready for my first supercharger in my life :D

My eyes are on the new eaton tvs 2650 due to it's high (declared) efficiency and the oem look of edelbrock's kit.

But.. there is a but. Seems nobody talks in this forum about the whine noise so I had to watch a lot of videos to understand the volume i would get.

I heard zero whine from roush in this video:
[ame]

and heard personally a 2010 gt500 with really low low whine.

Very low whine here too:

But when it comes to the kit i have in the radar, the whine seems higher than i was expecting. It overcomes the engine sound :eyebulge::
[ame]

The majority of the videos I've seen have a crazy loud whine. Kenne Bell and Whipple seemed the most loud.

Which is the quietest? I would like to avoid to make the wrong decision :frusty:
Sponsored

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just the nature of these types of blowers and also depends on your exhaust setup how much your going to hear. I have a buddy with Kenne Bell, long tubes, no cats, corsa exhaust and he was disappointed he didn't get to hear any whine noises. In fact he is planning on reinstalling the soundtube so he can hear some lol

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
That last vid is loud because the hood is up, he is revving it hard, and almost touching it with the phone. You drive by Eaton blown cars everyday and don't hear them.

Most of the Whipple's you hear had the "Foster sound tube mod" to make them louder. They are very quiet, almost non existent until you get hard on them. Even then its pretty quiet.

My son calls it the "Iron Man sound"!
[ame]

skip to like :30 in.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
if you want it to make noise you need a straight cut procharger.. that will make noise lol

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I can only speak to having the Whipple S2 in mine. As far as whine noise it's a non-issue. Period.

First off driving it "normally" without putting too much of your foot into it, you will hear very little if any supercharger whine. The exhaust definitely smothers it anyway. If you get on it, you will hear (and definitely feel, lol) the supercharger whine. But it's kinda cool sounding and not overbearing or annoying. And like I said, it's most prominent/loudish when you're really pushing the car.

In the Whipple case, the noise/whine is very inconsequential. And I'm someone who is sensitive to noises in cars. The increase in torque/hp......you're gonna notice that WAAAAAAAAAY more!

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I was very disappointed on how little noise my Whipple makes. Even going down the track most people don't pick up on it being supercharged.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I was very disappointed on how little noise my Whipple makes. Even going down the track most people don't pick up on it being supercharged.
Mine makes plenty of whine when pushed. I'd rather hear my exhaust anyway.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you can always do a sound tune to pick up more noise inside the car too

lxh89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Whipple Auto
if you want to hear the 2.9L whipple sing, you need to pulley it down to a 3.0 or less. It will scream! Just make sure you have the right supporting mods to handle the horsepower.

That's why the smaller 2.3L whipple blowers on the Cobras or the eatons always whined so loud - they were turning a lot of rpms.

Tony
Sponsored