Sponsored

Any regrets going FI?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Hey guys.

Ok, been on here awhile and have been close to buying and still am. BUT, my wife’s voice keeps telling me “remember last time” in reference to street ability. Background - my last fox body I went a little too far perhaps with a cage and motor and blower etc. FAST car, but became too track for the street. Wasn’t as enjoyable as it was when it was only half track if you know what I mean.

On with it. Has the FI taken any of the street ability away? Do you have to think twice about taking it on long drives or driving in weather? Are you worried about breaking or problems?

Honestly, my fear is going too far...

Any regrets in the type of FI you went with?

She thinks I should buy a nice boat lol...

Thanks!
Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
It depends on how far you take the car. If you keep boost low and run pump gas it is perfectly steerable. If you have easy access to E85 you can turn the boost up and still be steerable. You will have more power on tap than you need and you have to be careful about going wide open at lower speeds. My car puts down over 800 to the tires and I would jump in it and drive it to California if needed. I drove 30 miles raced it at the track and drove it home. My best time to date is 9.38 at 148. If your car were a stick you might regret it due to broken parts but with the auto you are good to go.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Regrets...Maybe the extra fuel I burn. The only real "issue" with going FI is that you'll want to keep going and going. Maybe this affects guys that go to the track more but there is always a next thing to do with the car once you start modifying it.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Regrets...Maybe the extra fuel I burn. The only real "issue" with going FI is that you'll want to keep going and going. Maybe this affects guys that go to the track more but there is always a next thing to do with the car once you start modifying it.
It is like a drug after the first hit look out LOL.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Nope. Daily drove my car with 850whp through the whipple and MT82. The biggest thing is just knowing when to stop lol

Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, we call it the track pipe. 1 hit and you're hooked. Say goodbye to time, money, and slow friends

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Regrets? Yes.

1) Whipple -- No way it can make the power I want.
2) 20% OD damper -- This limits me to E-85 only
3) Supercharger -- I can't change boost easily/quickly

Is it spiraling out of control? Yes. The original intent was low 9's at 140'ish. Now the goal is 8.50's. So going turbo. Solves all 3 above.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Setup in sig, no regrets. Car is my daily, go to work, race, take it on vacation.... Do it all.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I thought there was going to be a joke here. Regrets going FI? That's right up there with regretting you won the lottery. Four cars with FI. The only thing I regret is that I didn't hold off until spring and saved up some extra to buy my coveted 13/14 GT500 instead of the 17 FI setup I picked up in September after selling my 14 FI setup Mustang on a whim.

Oh yeah and every one was street friendly and stayed on 93 pump gas.

FI is an addiction. That's the only thing you need to keep in mind. It's like sex, once you've had it you always want it. There should be a Surgeon General warning on every SC box. LOL!

Regrets going FI? I don't think so..............I don't think so. (The Incredibles)

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Kind of, but I live in a very metro area where it’s hard to put the power down. It’s extra fun when I find an open road, though.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Plenty of open roads in Caly as long as you don't up on a CHP or County boy sitting somewhere or hovering above. I spent 7 years in southern Cal.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
When I was in the Central Valley it was one thing, the Bay Area is another. I was blasting down a side road near half moon bay and damn near got nabbed by the CHP coming the other way. It’s very difficult to put the hammer down around here with any degree of safety, both physically and in terms of law enforcement.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
Regrets? No way, daily drive my Whipple 70 miles round trip every day even through the Colorado winters. It sure burns up the snow tires fast though.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
No regrets so far. But coming from a trailered track car. That crap gets old. Crawling over a roll bar. Checking plugs after each pass. Etc. I just wanted a fast street car. I don't entend to make much more that mid 700s. And run some where around 9.9-10.1s. So this car is perfect with the centri. Putz around town like stock. But I can still drive it to the track and run a quick time. But without changing tires. While sitting in my heated & cooled leather seats. And listening to my 12 speaker sound system. Yea I dont miss that kirkey seat at all!

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
When I was in the Central Valley it was one thing, the Bay Area is another. I was blasting down a side road near half moon bay and damn near got nabbed by the CHP coming the other way. It’s very difficult to put the hammer down around here with any degree of safety, both physically and in terms of law enforcement.
Remember its not always how fast you can go.....but also how quickly you can get up to the posted speed limit at hand. LOL!
Sponsored